GDT: Jackrabbits vs. Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs. Bison

The Bison come to Frost with 1-9 conference record. The 9th place finish is a reality for the Bison who have suffered many injuries this year. There might be more suited up today as 9 players may be on the roster today. Whittle and Thunstedt have done as much as 2 players can do to keep the season going for the women from Fargo. Whittle is the lone active senior so she will miss the rebuilding next year. The Pork Classic will get time to have a sandwich before the game and then sit back and watch the Jackrabbits win the 83rd meeting with the NDSU women. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs. Bison

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The Bison come to Frost with 1-9 conference record. The 9th place finish is a reality for the Bison who have suffered many injuries this year. There might be more suited up today as 9 players may be on the roster today. Whittle and Thunstedt have done as much as 2 players can do to keep the season going for the women from Fargo. Whittle is the lone active senior so she will miss the rebuilding next year. The Pork Classic will get time to have a sandwich before the game and then sit back and watch the Jackrabbits win the 83rd meeting with the NDSU women. Go Jacks!!
    I agree, but the Bison have had a couple close losses to a couple top of conference standings teams , barely losing to USD up in Fargo,and just recently they forced ORU to play hard in a one point loss to them.They have played some games well while others have resulted in blowouts that they've had to endure.Like a lot of Summit teams,they can be hot or cold.

Our Jacks have been really focused in and are playing well, and I expect that focus and execution to be even further refined as we close in on the SLT. These women are working hard ,and it has really showed up on the court lately.Excellent season so far, and it has the potential to be a special one.

Comment

The opponent, the precision with which the Jacks have been playing lately, plus the fact that this one is at Frost all point to a blowout. I have not felt confident in saying that much the past month so I'll probably be wrong today! Keep it rolling.

Comment

Matt Zimmer
        ‏@argusmattz
        The guy's suffered enough, but I'll mention it. The ref behind the USF/Winona debacle is doing SDSU/NDSU women today.

Uh-oh.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          Matt Zimmer
          ‏@argusmattz
          The guy's suffered enough, but I'll mention it. The ref behind the USF/Winona debacle is doing SDSU/NDSU women today.

Uh-oh.
          What happened in that game, I dont recall.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            What happened in that game, I dont recall.
            USF made a shot as time expired to win and the crowd stormed the court. The officials then looked at the replay to see that there should have been .2 seconds on the clock. They then gave USF a technical for storming the court and the other team made 2 free throws to win

Comment

The momentum SDSU has been building continues. This is a huge mismatch. Jacks are absolutely brutalizing the Bison. I'm enjoying it.

37-15 with 1:00 to go in half.

Comment

Girls looking good. Thundstet can really shoot the rock. Now can't let down in the 3rd quarter.

Comment

One thing that's odd from a game management perspective,we held the ball with like 12 sec difference between game and shot clock at the very end of the first half.That's giving them the last shot basically,and that's what happened.

Comment

53% shooting for the Jacks, outstanding,even with a couple missed bunnies..... I like that when they make it difficult to get the ball inside for the Jacks,that players are wide open on the perimeter and we can kick it back out,but more importantly, are confident in taking the shot.

Comment

This is the best strategy thatthe Bison have employed all night.Take it to the bucket and wait for the whistle.

Comment

Guess I get the honors............Jacks win by an impressive margin,although I thought the Bison played hard with their short roster,to their credit.Final score 81-47.

Men up next,lets get another win tonight.Go Jacks!

Comment

The bench continues to get better as they get more experience. This team can just keep sending people in and grind down the other team. In another month it will even be better, and its scary how deep the rotation will be next year.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                            USF made a shot as time expired to win and the crowd stormed the court. The officials then looked at the replay to see that there should have been .2 seconds on the clock. They then gave USF a technical for storming the court and the other team made 2 free throws to win
                            Would have been an OK call without the technical being called (option or not??) and he had given Winona the ball back with .2 seconds to score, or call the game over(best option)....ridiculous to enforce that rule,when it's such a minuscule amount of time,the only thing worse would have been them determining there was .1 seconds left on the clock....the fans thought the game was over, .2 sec is about as close to over as you can get. How do we know the equipment is even that accurate, or the officials for that matter,as they have to use judgement and are eyeballing it. The ref's literally decided the winner in that game, something they're not really supposed to do. Little bit of over management ,maybe? When is it best to simply make no call? Like they say,a little common sense goes a long way......Just say'n.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-06-2016, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              One thing that's odd from a game management perspective,we held the ball with like 12 sec difference between game and shot clock at the very end of the first half.That's giving them the last shot basically,and that's what happened.
                              AJ subbed in his starters with 1:04 left after a timeout. I think he was trying to work on his last play sets (or something like that). They didn't do well with it.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                              X