GDT: IUPUI @ SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: IUPUI @ SDSU

No attendance in ESPN box score, what was the attendance? How many minutes did Theisen play?

Comment

3792 attendance
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Thiesen had 15 minutes. Devine had 11 quality minutes tonight
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Nice win yesterday. It's amazing to me how negative some of our fans are. The people I sat by yesterday complained about the squad 80% of the game. I asked my wife are we 18-5 (now 19-5) or 5-18?

On a side note it's amazing to me throughout college basketball the difference between playing at home or on the road. Case in point the two games with IUPUI. Lose by seven on the road. Win by 22 at home. A 29 point swing. It doesn't matter where you go in conference play. All road wins are difficult. Here's to winning one on the road Wednesday night in Omaha.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
            Nice win yesterday. It's amazing to me how negative some of our fans are. The people I sat by yesterday complained about the squad 80% of the game. I asked my wife are we 18-5 (now 19-5) or 5-18?

On a side note it's amazing to me throughout college basketball the difference between playing at home or on the road. Case in point the two games with IUPUI. Lose by seven on the road. Win by 22 at home. A 29 point swing. It doesn't matter where you go in conference play. All road wins are difficult. Here's to winning one on the road Wednesday night in Omaha.

Go Rabbits!
            I hope my crack about about the over priced pork sandwiches was not taken as negative. I do like how things in general are going. Devine getting quality minutes and Doyle getting off the pine. Those are good sign that the team is moving on. Life is good except for the price of pork sandwiches

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I hope my crack about about the over priced pork sandwiches was not taken as negative. I do like how things in general are going. Devine getting quality minutes and Doyle getting off the pine. Those are good sign that the team is moving on. Life is good except for the price of pork sandwiches
              No negativity taken over the pork sandwiches. I was just commenting on the people who sat near me yesterday. Yes the free throw shooting was below par but I thought the team performed very well yesterday. If you would've listened to the fans sitting near me you would think this team is on the brink of missing the conference tournament. I know this time of year everyone is getting sick of winter. Maybe that's what it is 😏🐖❄️

Go 🐇!

Comment

Excellent win. SDSU is playing well, except for free throw shooting, and that's fixable. The thought of this team continuing to improve and peaking in a few weeks is very exciting.
                This space for lease.

Comment

How much pt did doyle get? Why doesn't he get a few minutes in games or each half? Devine and theisen can get in foul trouble. Just seems like he is a huslter and effort guy. Unless he isn't that good on defense.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

GDT: IUPUI @ SDSU

Nice win yesterday. It's amazing to me how negative some of our fans are.

On a side note it's amazing to me throughout college basketball the difference between playing at home or on the road. Case in point the two games with IUPUI. Lose by seven on the road. Win by 22 at home. A 29 point swing. It doesn't matter where you go in conference play. All road wins are difficult.
                    I know plenty of people like that. They think the Jacks should just waltz through the season with an endless string of perfect blowouts. The best part about the last two weeks of basketball is hardly hearing from them. You see it with certain posters here also. They come out of the woodwork when SDSU loses then go underground during a winning streak. Seems like a miserable life!

Since Bittle has returned this team has looked like the class of the league again. Odds are that there will be another loss between now and March, but there is a little cushion now. Wednesday is a big one.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      How much pt did doyle get? Why doesn't he get a few minutes in games or each half? Devine and theisen can get in foul trouble. Just seems like he is a huslter and effort guy. Unless he isn't that good on defense.
                      Doyle picked up a point at the free throw line. You might ask Nagy about the playing time. Severyn lost some minutes last night. I would assume it was given to Devine. Severyn is a big hustler who seems to be where the ball is bouncing. Matchups may dictate some of the decisions. It is the result of a deep talented bench that can make us ask why some players get more minutes. Winning is good though.

Comment

No negativity taken over the pork sandwiches. I was just commenting on the people who sat near me yesterday. Yes the free throw shooting was below par but I thought the team performed very well yesterday. If you would've listened to the fans sitting near me you would think this team is on the brink of missing the conference tournament. I know this time of year everyone is getting sick of winter. Maybe that's what it is ����❄️

Go ��!
                        In the end we help animal science majors reach their goal and maybe that is important too, so I shall refrain from mentioning over priced pork sandwiches, in the future. After all its a little to much to expect a Golden Corral spread at a BB game. I know there are always going to be unhappy people, but I thought in December the team looked to be in March or tournament form, which might be premature considering all the injuries and slumps our guys have worked through. I would rather be SDSU than USD in men's basketball as of now.

Comment

Go Rabbits!
                          Having no Bittle, and Marshall just being back made a big difference between the first and second IUPUI games. Even when Bittle doesn't score like last night, just having him back seems to increase the overall intensity, and it sets up a much better rotation with Moffitt and King coming off the bench.

Comment

Yesterday was the best that Marshall has moved post injury. Connor showed footwork on a drop step that I haven't seen in him.

Comment

Devine looked great last night and Coach Nagy was extremely excited for him in his post game interview. Hopefully this is a big confidence boost going forward for Connor. Added depth is a great luxury going down the stretch. Also with the majority of our guard core graduating, we'll have to rely on the veteran bigs next year, so Connor will be a big factor in determining if how big of a step back we take after losing George, Dre, Jake, & Keaton.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                I know plenty of people like that. They think the Jacks should just waltz through the season with an endless string of perfect blowouts.
                                It's a symptom of losing in any sport. If the team is winning, whatever the coach is doing must be working. As soon as the tide turns, everyone is a Monday morning quarterback, usually stating the obvious from the last game with no context to the larger season. Parks can't shoot outside. We need to play inside/outside. Bittle needs to take more 3's. Put Flatten in the game. Bittle is a liability. Etc, Etc.

If only the coaches spent more time on message boards and took the advice given, we would be winning more in all sports and would have to focus more on our trophy case shortage.

Comment

Working...
                                X