BOR Policy - Multi Year Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOR Policy - Multi Year Contracts

So what does the South Dakota BOR end up with? Lots of questions - answers to be determined?

How many years are allowed, is three enough, too many, or two few? What does our out of state competition do?

Will it be limited to the FB coach at USD, the FB, MBB and WBB coaches at the D 1 schools, only apply to Athletic positions at BOR institutions, or will every position under BOR jurisdiction be eligible? A wide range of options

Who pays for the divorce when it comes? And it will come! Not the citizens or State government, IMO they can live with the current policy and possibly even support it! Don't think it should come from the students!

If it's done, put it on the alumni, they make the big bucks thanks to a quality education courtesy of those that had the foresight to advance the system to where it is today! Have the institution's Foundation board pass a resolution committing to pay the buyout of each multi-year contract if they truly believe this is the route to take.

USD hoped to get their nose under the tent! What is the policy that's best for the State of South Dakota. Seems that where the BOR is coming from. That's their job.

Re: BOR Policy - Multi Year Contracts

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    So what does the South Dakota BOR end up with? Lots of questions - answers to be determined?

How many years are allowed, is three enough, too many, or two few? What does our out of state competition do?

Will it be limited to the FB coach at USD, the FB, MBB and WBB coaches at the D 1 schools, only apply to Athletic positions at BOR institutions, or will every position under BOR jurisdiction be eligible? A wide range of options

Who pays for the divorce when it comes? And it will come! Not the citizens or State government, IMO they can live with the current policy and possibly even support it! Don't think it should come from the students!

If it's done, put it on the alumni, they make the big bucks thanks to a quality education courtesy of those that had the foresight to advance the system to where it is today! Have the institution's Foundation board pass a resolution committing to pay the buyout of each multi-year contract if they truly believe this is the route to take.

USD hoped to get their nose under the tent! What is the policy that's best for the State of South Dakota. Seems that where the BOR is coming from. That's their job.
    Hey my AGI (Form 1040 Adjusted Gross income) is less the $75K so the rich alumni does not include yours truly. I am afraid though that this is what going to happen once a divorce commences. For this reason alone, I don't care for multi year contracts.

Comment

Via Twitter...

Bob Mercer ‏@pierremercer 6m6 minutes ago
      Regents adopt by voice vote without opposition the multi-year contract policy. This came to light during effort to hire USD football coach.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Honestly, props to USD for actually being pro-active about that. I don't care if people disagree with their method, they actually made it happen.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

SDSU to offer Stig, Otz, and AJ three year contracts per Zimmer tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            SDSU to offer Stig, Otz, and AJ three year contracts per Zimmer tweet.
            Will be interesting to see if Stig and AJ's salaries get adjusted closer to what Otz is getting paid.

Comment

On multi year contracts,isn't language entered into the contract that if the coach leaves to accept a position at another Institution,then that institution assumes responsibility to pay for the "buyout " for the remaining years of the contract? If that's the case,then a multi- year contract isn't too bad, as that's the main reason a coach decides to leave. On the off chance that a coach has to be "let go" ,then I don't think three years probably isn't too bad either,especially if it's only for the last year or two..Re-newing contracts becomes more important to assure we keep and maintain a good coach and his staff.I think a coach that has put in some good years, and then gets a little run of bad luck and incurs three losing seasons deserves a little bit of financial compensation for his/her familes sake to get back on the hunt for employment once again,although I doubt a coach would be let go for that short of a losing streak,if they have done well in the past. Just some thoughts to ponder.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-11-2016, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Will be interesting to see if Stig and AJ's salaries get adjusted closer to what Otz is getting paid.
                It's hard to say. Stig is probably the one to get a bump. AJ is paid pretty well for a WBB coach. He's worth it but compared to what Nagy and Stig have been paid his package is more competitive.

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  On multi year contracts,isn't language entered into the contract that if the coach leaves to accept a position at another Institution,then that institution assumes responsibility to pay for the "buyout " for the remaining years of the contract? If that's the case,then a multi- year contract isn't too bad, as that's the main reason a coach decides to leave. On the off chance that a coach has to be "let go" ,then I don't think three years probably isn't too bad either,especially if it's only for the last year or two..Re-newing contracts becomes more important to assure we keep and maintain a good coach and his staff.I think a coach that has put in some good years, and then gets a little run of bad luck and incurs three losing seasons deserves a little bit of financial compensation for his/her familes sake to get back on the hunt for employment once again,although I doubt a coach would be let go for that short of a losing streak,if they have done well in the past. Just some thoughts to ponder.
                  Not to be wise acre, but this is the golden opportunity for ARAMARK to increase their prices. Popcorn, popped two months ago, at five bucks a box. Being sarcastic, but I feel it coming. Welcome to D1. We have finally arrived. We got solid people in the key jobs so there should not be any buy outs. If I have been following the knowledgeable posters on here, if a very good coach leaves before completing his contract, the hiring institution reimburses SDSU for the balance. Hopefully these contracts are written this way.

Comment

Working...
                  X