Castlewood native working SuperBowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castlewood native working SuperBowl

The Feb 4, 2016 Watertown Public Opinion newspaper had a nice article (written by JT Fey, former Collegian Sports Editor) about Dustin Little, an athletic trainer for the Denver Broncos. If you can locate the 2/4/16 PO, check it out (I couldn't find it online but I didn't look too hard).

Little has been with the Broncos medical/training staff for about two years. He was a good athlete at Castlewood High School and played on Castlewood's state championship basketball teams in the early 2000s. Little played on USD's basketball team for four years (his brother, Brooks, still holds football records as a receiver at USD). Little picked up a business degree at USD and then went to USD's physical therapy program, receiving his doctorate in PT in 2012. From USD, Little enrolled at SDSU, graduating in 2014 with a Masters Degree in athletic training. He had some connections with the NFL including former SDSU athletic trainer Owen Stanley who did a stint with the Kansas City Chiefs and is now at Texas A&M.

I remember the Little brothers from their high school days and their playing days at USD. Another example of SDSU's older marketing slogan: you can go anywhere from here. Adding that SDSU Master's Degree on top of a PT degree was a good move.

Re: Castlewood native working SuperBowl

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    The Feb 4, 2016 Watertown Public Opinion newspaper had a nice article (written by JT Fey, former Collegian Sports Editor) about Dustin Little, an athletic trainer for the Denver Broncos. If you can locate the 2/4/16 PO, check it out (I couldn't find it online but I didn't look too hard).

Little has been with the Broncos medical/training staff for about two years. He was a good athlete at Castlewood High School and played on Castlewood's state championship basketball teams in the early 2000s. Little played on USD's basketball team for four years (his brother, Brooks, still holds football records as a receiver at USD). Little picked up a business degree at USD and then went to USD's physical therapy program, receiving his doctorate in PT in 2012. From USD, Little enrolled at SDSU, graduating in 2014 with a Masters Degree in athletic training. He had some connections with the NFL including former SDSU athletic trainer Owen Stanley who did a stint with the Kansas City Chiefs and is now at Texas A&M.

I remember the Little brothers from their high school days and their playing days at USD. Another example of SDSU's older marketing slogan: you can go anywhere from here. Adding that SDSU Master's Degree on top of a PT degree was a good move.
    Their dad played HS football with Jim Janssen, who went on to DSU and played on an undefeated team there. Dad and uncle still farm. Very good family.

Comment

Re: Castlewood native working SuperBowl

I watched the Little brothers play high school sports and they were great competitors and good kids. USD gave them some extra time as players.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
      X