Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Roster

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
    With Gottlieb out that really hurts our depth hopefully hr be back to 100% by NDSU hopefully Whitsell and Lang can step up. That sucks about Sam was really looking forward to see his speed on the field, I wonder if his knee recovery had a lot to do with it. I wonder how Cromer hurt his knee since 0 contact with QBs
    (on Zenner) he could always pull a Robert Smith or maybe show up on the track team....

Comment

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

image.jpg

In honor of tomorrow...

Comment

Depth Chart...
          http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...deep/89415548/

The depth chart is set for the South Dakota State football team. Here's the two deep for the season opener at TCU. There are no surprises.

QB - Taryn Christion
          Zach Lujan

RB - Brady Mengarelli
          Isaac Wallace

FB - Kane Louscher
          Gunner Grimsrud

WR - Jake Wieneke
          Alex Wilde

WR - Marquise Lewis
          LeAndre Kennedy/Jacob Brown

WR - Connor Landberg
          Adam Anderson

TE - Dallas Goedert
          Mitch Vejvoda

LT - Charlie Harmon
          Joe Carbis/Nick Carr

LG - Tiano Pupungatoa
          Tyler Weir

C - Jacob Ohnesorge
          Tyler Weir

RG - MattClark
          Tyler Weir

RT - Nick Carr
          Seth Lansman

DE - Jared Blum
          Andy Moritko

DT - Cole Langer
          Caleb Lang

NT - Kellen Soulek
          Blake Whitsell

DE - Christian Banasiak
          Ryan Earith

WLB - Jesse Bobbit
          Jake Harms

MLB - Christian Rozeboom
          Jesse Bobbit/Dalton Cox

SLB - Dallas Brown
          Cody Hazelett

CB - Jordan Brown
          Will Whiton

CB - Anthony Washington/Zy Mosley
          Marshon Harris

FS - Nick Farina
          Makiah Slade

SS - Nick Mears
          Chris Balster

K - Chase Vinatieri
          Sam Koob

P - Brady Hale

LS - Thayer Trenhaile
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I guess there is one surprise to me on the depth chart. Isaac Wallace ahead of Kyle Paris at RB. I assume we will see all three of those guys, but didn't expect Kyle not to be listed.

I am excited to see what Marquise Lewis and Adam Anderson can do at WR too.

I'm a bit terrified for the corners when we line up against TCU.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

That is a stout defense. If we can get consistent CB play and if Rozeboom can hold his own in the middle, the sky is the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                I guess there is one surprise to me on the depth chart. Isaac Wallace ahead of Kyle Paris at RB. I assume we will see all three of those guys, but didn't expect Kyle not to be listed.

I was also surprised by Wallace over Paris. However, it makes me feel good. Wallace is super talented. Hope this means he put his struggles from last season behind him.
                I expect Paris will get to play some. He's definitely got that "short yardage" back kind of feel to him.

Excited to see the returners, see what they can do. (except maybe against TCU)

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post

It's only a two deep depth chart, I assume we will see all 3 regularly this year unless either Mengerelli or Wallace really steps up.

Comment

What is the latest on Clarence Smith, the graduate transfer from Utah? He's not listed on the 2 deep and I don't see him listed on the roster when I just checked gojacks.com. Maybe I missed something, but I thought he was going to be on the team and eligible to play this year.

Comment

Guys, any team coming in here with a FB named Gunner Grimsrud has nothing to fear...see y'all next Saturday!

Comment

Wallace is the best all around back on the team. IMO he might be a little pouty over the whole platoon thing. If he'd get over it, he will be the #1 back.

Comment

Originally posted by old scribe View Post
                          Guys, any team coming in here with a FB named Gunner Grimsrud has nothing to fear...see y'all next Saturday!
                          Ahh he is just an average Norwegian kid from Rochester Minnesota. Got an old country name. Gunnar is a popular name in Norway. We fear, believe me. Lets hope Gunner makes it to Week 2 in one piece.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                            Wallace is the best all around back on the team. IMO he might be a little pouty over the whole platoon thing. If he'd get over it, he will be the #1 back.
                            Agree that Wallace is the best all around back on the team, but not so much on the "pouty" part. I thought he had a couple missed reads early last year and he lost some of his confidence. He seemed to regained his swagger by the spring game, and he really showed off his talent on that the long TD run where it looked like he was stopped at the line of scrimmage.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by old scribe View Post
                              Yes, yes we do lol. As a group our fans are pretty good about not being over confident, especially when we shouldn't be. Now if you were playing the humped ones from up north who you will see on ESPN tomorrow, they would have enough confidence that they could share some with Alabama. Not that they haven't earned that right.
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Also note Jacob Brown listed on the 2deep at WR but gojacks has him at DB still.

Comment

Working...
                                X