Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Roster

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
    To me the best kicker was Brady Hale had the best leg on kickoffs where as both Vinatieri and Koob missed chip shots and extra pts
    In high school he was a better place kicker than punter. I would like to see him be the kicker as I feel he will do the best job, but I might be biased.
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Midco sports network Jackrabbit Journal is on YouTube for anyone who doesn't have midco.... Really thorough racap of fall camp and the roster at the end of spring ball
      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Is Montana transfer and former Sioux Falls Washington DB Chris Parker still joining the team?
        Did not hear anything about him be immediately eligible as stated in this Jan article.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...list/78356784/

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Is Montana transfer and former Sioux Falls Washington DB Chris Parker still joining the team?
          Did not hear anything about him be immediately eligible as stated in this Jan article.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...list/78356784/
          He doesn't seem to be on the roster. Could it be that he was still in school at Montana spring semester ? It said they were pulling his scholarship, but not sure if that meant immediately, or if they had to honor it until the end of the academic year.

Comment

Looks like Tyler Lindsey will not be playing anymore according a blog post of his.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
              Looks like Tyler Lindsey will not be playing anymore according a blog post of his.
              This is a good read.

http://tslindsey.weebly.com/
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I also saw a tweet that Dayton Bird will also no longer be playing football at SDSU.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  This is a good read. http://tslindsey.weebly.com/
                  Second that. Being a fan without personal connections to (most) players, it's easy to see them as chess pieces. I am excited that we are recruiting this caliber of people, and I wish him the best.

Comment

https://twitter.com/fcs_football/sta...64272052289536 So true. Best team has the most depth and this comes from recruiting.

Comment

Good article even though it's mainly about the bison. Football is a team sport and you are only as good as your weakes link. It's a shame when young man with that much character will be not be one the field. We defenatly need our young guys to step up and add depth. I'm hoping for some surprises out of our last few recruiting classes.
                      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                        Good article even though it's mainly about the bison. Football is a team sport and you are only as good as your weakes link. It's a shame when young man with that much character will be not be one the field. We defenatly need our young guys to step up and add depth. I'm hoping for some surprises out of our last few recruiting classes.
                        When the author is the beat writer for Fargo Forum, who else would you write about? And with Five NC's they really have something to talk about. It interesting that they recruit players and not stars and end up with depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          When the author is the beat writer for Fargo Forum, who else would you write about? And with Five NC's they really have something to talk about. It interesting that they recruit players and not stars and end up with depth.
                          Does the NDSU football team bring in stars or not?
                          You could compare them to the SDSU woman's basketball team. We don't normally have many players on the preseason all conference team either and we are always up there in the standings. It might be that they have so many stars that most of them don't get to put up hugh numbers.
                          I'm not saying that this is true but it is a way to look at it- While Zenner played the whole game and got a lot of carries, did NDSU play two RB's that split the carries and put up similar numbers. Of course with two RB's you get more rest but you get the point.
                          Our WBB team normally goes 10 deep(not last year and maybe this year). Most players don't get as much playing time so people don't put them as high in their ballots because they don't have hugh numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            You could compare them to the SDSU woman's basketball team. We don't normally have many players on the preseason all conference team either and we are always up there in the standings. It might be that they have so many stars that most of them don't get to put up hugh numbers.
                            I'm not saying that this is true but it is a way to look at it- While Zenner played the whole game and got a lot of carries, did NDSU play two RB's that split the carries and put up similar numbers. Of course with two RB's you get more rest but you get the point.
                            Our WBB team normally goes 10 deep(not last year and maybe this year). Most players don't get as much playing time so people don't put them as high in their ballots because they don't have hugh numbers.
                            They did just have the #2 overall NFL draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                              I am not looking for a big arguement. Just giving my impression of the article. Yes Montana I know all about Wentz. Wentz was more a player in the early part of college career. Stig coached father at NSU and we were recruiting him. Wentz replaced Brock Jensen when Jensen graduted not before so no stardom until early 2016. From Kolpacks point of ISU blue has had a number of stars who have made little if any diffence in winning conference champs. 91jack I do like your analogy of Bison Football and with SDSU wbb. We dont have five NC's to boast about, but we have won with consistency and maybe with players and not stars.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 07-22-2016, 02:26 AM.

Comment

The depth issue is huge toward winning championships. The ability of the back-up to step in when the star goes down is crucial to keep rolling at the end of the season. Bison lost twice last season, and Wentz was QB starter in both, although 2nd loss is when Wentz got injured. Was there a let down the rest of the way? No, the frosh QB stepped in all through Dec., with Wentz returning for the FCS championship game. If there is little difference between the starters, and the next group, then will be successful. The SDSU WBB is the definition of that success, and because of the split of time between starters and bench players, toward the end of season, Jacks would outlast, outrun, and fewer starters out due to injury. Contrast that to the ORU teams with Bingham/Kevi. Those two stars were ridden hard, playing full games, all the time, and both lost out at the end of the seasons due to injuries. The Eagles didn't have the back-ups, and paid the consequences of lack of success at post-season time.

Comment

Working...
                                X