Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Roster

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    Sorry I haven't provided more information with the roster updates as I have been quite busy. What I have seen on here is all true. The one piece I would like to add is that Austin Smenda is now eligible and practicing with the team. From what I heard, he worked hard last semester and stuck it out to join the team this semester.
    Great news. I remember his high school tape was pretty impressive. Hopefully he can give us an edge rush we've been lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmom View Post
      I am looking at the Roster and the recruits. Looks like what 18-19 guys on Oline? How many Oline players are usually carried on a team? That seems like depth. How many more do you feel they need? Also, holy cow--I look at the size of these guys and many of them seem too tall and big, can they move? I love the big guys up front and no team can function with out them but they need to be athletic and be able to move.
      I think the O-line is smaller than years past. Normally most of the O - linemen that play are over 300 lbs. Once they get over 325 to 330 lbs., then you worry about them not moving. Stig has always liked tall, athletic linemen. You can't coach height.

Comment

I didn't want to create a whole new thread but i thought this might interest some people.
        Four squat records were broken today:
        Chase Vinatieri (K/P)
        Kyle Paris (RB)
        Dallas Goedert (TE)
        Jacob Ohnesorge (OL & Overall)

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          I didn't want to create a whole new thread but i thought this might interest some people.
          Four squat records were broken today:
          Chase Vinatieri (K/P)
          Kyle Paris (RB)
          Dallas Goedert (TE)
          Jacob Ohnesorge (OL & Overall)
          With the progress Goedert made last year, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being SDSU's next legitimate NFL prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            With the progress Goedert made last year, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being SDSU's next legitimate NFL prospect.
            I think he will get a lot of more touches and do some great things with the ball in his hands YAC!
            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Is Quarterback Chris Little going to be part of the team going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Is Quarterback Chris Little going to be part of the team going forward.
                He was not listed on the handout sheet from yesterday's game. As I understand he has had eligibility problems. So if he gets that squared away then he might be on the roster in this fall.

Comment

On the handout sheet from yesterday, I noticed an O lineman named Anthony Thene from Sartell Minnesota who weighs 370 lbs and is 6'3" and he was wearing his jersey and in street clothes. He is definitely a big guy and you wonder how quick is he. It might be we have one who fits literally the label "fat guy" as often mentioned by Coach Stig. Some of our lineman have been 330 but I don't recall anyone over 350 in weight. He makes me feel real skinny. Also I noticed in the 2015 media guide his weight was listed at 345. It would appear he has put on about 25 lbs. All muscle? I hope so also it mentions that he is a honor roll student no doubt he has adapted to academic life at SDSU.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 04-24-2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Does anybody know who was number 50 he was playing R DE on the 2nd team

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                      Does anybody know who was number 50 he was playing R DE on the 2nd team
                      Last year no 50 was Gunnar Grimstad, who yesterday wore no 39 and played offense as a FB. So I don't know who our mystery man is. No 50's listed on the handout sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Last year no 50 was Gunnar Grimstad, who yesterday wore no 39 and played offense as a FB. So I don't know who our mystery man is. No 50's listed on the handout sheet.
                        I believe it was the Helsper kid from Brookings as #50 taking pictures with Daniel & Bird (Brookings HS teammates) after the game. I do not know him or what he looks like but had heard he joined the team this Spring.

Did anybody get a handle on who the kicker might be as a result of performance during the scrimmage?

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
                          I believe it was the Helsper kid from Brookings as #50 taking pictures with Daniel & Bird (Brookings HS teammates) after the game. I do not know him or what he looks like but had heard he joined the team this Spring.

Did anybody get a handle on who the kicker might be as a result of performance during the scrimmage?
                          I think you might be right on No 50. RJ Helsper committed to USF out of high school but is no longer on their roster, so most likely he transferred to SDSU. Not sure but he was making plays yesterday. Both NDSU and SDSU were recruiting him according to Samsrams post on this board.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...ng-List/page12 See post#112
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 04-24-2016, 05:47 PM.

Comment

With the game being indoors, all of the kicks looked very good. We will find out more once they get a strong wind going.

Comment

To me the best kicker was Brady Hale had the best leg on kickoffs where as both Vinatieri and Koob missed chip shots and extra pts

Comment

Here is my take on the spring roster after the game.

Defense- D line looked solid even though a few DT didn't play Bansiak shined and looks to have earned his spot back. LB Roseboom looked good made some plays in the backfield. We will have to wait and see what the verdict is on Dallas. I thought the young guys did well hopefully apply a lot of depth. CB Jordan looked good broke up some good plays did get beat by Goedert ounce though looked good as a press corner, at the other corner Tyler Lindsey started and didn't look to bad the WR def tried to exploit his size though at safety it was a carasele farina balaster, slade Williams,whiten and Thomas say a lot of action did get beat a few times.

offense- oline a lot of guys dnp but it was 50/50 Taryn and Kanin did a lot of scrambling but did run the ball ok. WR/TE Lewis was great looks to settle in Wesleys role nicely. Goedert looked good, Landberg had some touches and Wilde saw a lot of action also since Jake was not playing. I don't think Adam Anderson played? Was disappointed not seeing him.
                                RB Brady looked good made some nice jump cuts to get extra yards, Wallace defiantly proved he can be our one cut home run hitter. Clark Wieneke looked good getting some good yards the same with Mikey they saw the most action in the 2nd half.

Special Teams the kicker showed of there legs on kickoff Hale had the best by far. Returners where Slade and Lewis

I thought overall the holes on defense are gonna filled well Rozeboom made some great plays and layer the wood a few times and the rest of the young guys at LB looked good. Still wanna see more before I make judgment on the other corner they looked good but are def young. The offense looked good ounce they got rolling all though there where some 1st teamers missing WR is defenatly a good talented bunch prolly RB by comitty again, and then there's the line witch defenatly my area that we need to keep and eye on and improve.

Comment

Working...
                                X