• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive Line Coach hired

New offensive line coach hired.
    http://www.gojacks.com//ViewArticle....CLID=210672474

Re: Offensive Line Coach hired

I like this hire, quality coach that has quality program success.

Comment

No more than a couple years in most jobs - is this common for assistant coaches? Red flag or an indication he's been sought after? And is this a lateral move?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        No more than a couple years in most jobs - is this common for assistant coaches? Red flag or an indication he's been sought after? And is this a lateral move?
        Montana State fired their head coach at the end of the season so I'm assuming he was probably not retained by the new head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          Montana State fired their head coach at the end of the season so I'm assuming he was probably not retained by the new head coach.
          Thanks, context is crucial.

Comment

It may be that he has a very update resume and that's what it takes to get to the top. The former coach at MSU was at Drake before MSU, and walked into a ethics mess at MSU. Cleaned up the program and the fact that he hired Eck signals a clean person, and very knowledgeable guy. I am sure we will get our money's worth while we have him.

Comment

Great hire for offensive line coach. Energetic, experienced, excitable coach. Players will love this coach. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                Great hire for offensive line coach. Energetic, experienced, excitable coach. Players will love this coach. Go Jacks!
                Congrats on the hire. I hear he got a 3 year contract. 👌🏼

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                  Congrats on the hire. I hear he got a 3 year contract. 
                  No you are mistaken, we were unable to find the money for a 3 year contract due to a planned expansion of the wellness center. 🙄

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    Congrats on the hire. I hear he got a 3 year contract. ����
                    You can't be serious.

Comment

So did he get a 1 year or a 3 year? He is not just a good but a great hire. I think in light of the jumps he needs to stay a while for credibility purposes but that is his to manage. He could easily have had several places to go. I feel bad for him at what happened at Montana nearly the entire staff was turned over and Coach Eck had barely unpacked his shoes more than likely. And the guy who did it all there the AD was just given his walking papers now too and won't be there after June. SDSU will be better for having Eck there. Could easily with his back ground be a head coach and an OC probably any where. I look at what they did at Mankato and where his coaching tree roots are and he'll be sought after with a repeat of any success at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmom View Post
                        So did he get a 1 year or a 3 year? He is not just a good but a great hire. I think in light of the jumps he needs to stay a while for credibility purposes but that is his to manage. He could easily have had several places to go. I feel bad for him at what happened at Montana nearly the entire staff was turned over and Coach Eck had barely unpacked his shoes more than likely. And the guy who did it all there the AD was just given his walking papers now too and won't be there after June. SDSU will be better for having Eck there. Could easily with his back ground be a head coach and an OC probably any where. I look at what they did at Mankato and where his coaching tree roots are and he'll be sought after with a repeat of any success at SDSU.
                        He will get a 1-year contract. As of now, the State of South Dakota only allows 1-year contracts. The whole story behind the 3-year contract is USD is hiring a new head football coach and he wants the South Dakota Board of Regents to change their policy so they can give him a multi year contract. I've never seen a person be let go by the state in less then 3 or 4 years unless they do something really stupid but some people might about that anyway. That might help him out 5 years down the road because he might be in his second 4 year deal and be let go but it won't effect anything in his first 3 or 4 years.
                        I'm not saying that the policy shouldn't be changed but I think it is a non-issue for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          He will get a 1-year contract. As of now, the State of South Dakota only allows 1-year contracts. The whole story behind the 3-year contract is USD is hiring a new head football coach and he wants the South Dakota Board of Regents to change their policy so they can give him a multi year contract. I've never seen a person be let go by the state in less then 3 or 4 years unless they do something really stupid but some people might about that anyway. That might help him out 5 years down the road because he might be in his second 4 year deal and be let go but it won't effect anything in his first 3 or 4 years.
                          I'm not saying that the policy shouldn't be changed but I think it is a non-issue for a few years.
                          wasn't the previous post sarcasm I read it that way, perhaps I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            wasn't the previous post sarcasm I read it that way, perhaps I'm wrong.
                            Oops! I saw that they had three posts and thought that they may be new to the area and not know how the state works.
                            I guess I might of missed the sarcasm in it.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                              Oops! I saw that they had three posts and thought that they may be new to the area and not know how the state works.
                              I guess I might of missed the sarcasm in it.
                              I am new to SD football and didn't know they couldn't offer up more than 1 year. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                              X