Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Offensive Line Coach hired

Originally posted by Mrmom View Post
    I am new to SD football and didn't know they couldn't offer up more than 1 year. Thanks for the clarification.
    I'm not real sure assistant coaches get more than 1 year contracts at any level but I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      Oops! I saw that they had three posts and thought that they may be new to the area and not know how the state works.
      I guess I might of missed the sarcasm in it.
      You inadvertently stepped into the middle of an ongoing debate on this forum and in South Dakota in general. The issue has come up repeatedly since the Division I transition, and again in recent weeks due to USD officially asking to Board of Regents to consider change or removal of this limitation for athletic coaching hires.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
        You inadvertently stepped into the middle of an ongoing debate on this forum and in South Dakota in general. The issue has come up repeatedly since the Division I transition, and again in recent weeks due to USD officially asking to Board of Regents to consider change or removal of this limitation for athletic coaching hires.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
        Yeah, I picked up on that not knowing the SD history and only recently being more interested in SDSU football. Heck, Coach Eck may like the 1 year increment given his circumstances so not sure it was as much of a negative there.

He is a great coach, good values, family and SDSU will see immediate value with him. Lots of Midwest recruiting ties with his history with the Mavs though it doesn't look like they need much more big guy new blood with the roster I saw unless the roster isn't accurate (graduating seniors, non returning guys etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmom View Post
          Yeah, I picked up on that not knowing the SD history and only recently being more interested in SDSU football. Heck, Coach Eck may like the 1 year increment given his circumstances so not sure it was as much of a negative there.

He is a great coach, good values, family and SDSU will see immediate value with him. Lots of Midwest recruiting ties with his history with the Mavs though it doesn't look like they need much more big guy new blood with the roster I saw unless the roster isn't accurate (graduating seniors, non returning guys etc).
          Probably more so that the offensive line was more of a weakness this year. Typically thats s strong point for SDSU. Losing Carr and Shoff didnt help that at all this year.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Stop grumbling about offensive line weakness last year. Look at the points scored and yards per game last year. The offense did this with a platoon Qb and running back by committee. Neither of these factors help the offensive line gel or have continuity. Coach Eck has a good group of players coming back. Forget Shoff as he hadn't played for three years, settle on one Qb and RB then the offense will be fine.

Comment

Our O line got beat up against NDSU and UNI it didn't matter who was passing or running. Against NDSU we had negative rushing yards and Lujan was sacked 3 times and hit numberous times, and got injured. UNI we averaged 2.5 y/c that includes Taryn s and gave up 5 sacks. The facts speak for them self we give up way to many sacks and lost at the line of scrimmage.
              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                Our O line got beat up against NDSU and UNI it didn't matter who was passing or running. Against NDSU we had negative rushing yards and Lujan was sacked 3 times and hit numberous times, and got injured. UNI we averaged 2.5 y/c that includes Taryn s and gave up 5 sacks. The facts speak for them self we give up way to many sacks and lost at the line of scrimmage.
                Truth. We lose the LOS battle against NDSU every year. Other than QB, offensive and defensive lines are the most important position groups in football.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Truth. We lose the LOS battle against NDSU every year. Other than QB, offensive and defensive lines are the most important position groups in football.
                  100% agree
                  Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                  X