Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Everyone should go vote for Daum to try to help him win this prestigious award.

http://www.hoophallawards.com/index.php

Comment

No. Online voting is stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        No. Online voting is stupid.

Ha, generally I agree. If it was for a "coolest mascot" award, I would refrain. But I feel like this is worthy of a quick vote.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Ha, generally I agree. If it was for a "coolest mascot" award, I would refrain. But I feel like this is worthy of a quick vote.
          I voted. Just once.

Comment

Time to be the Dauminator. He can lead this team to victory.

Comment

We were talking at lunch today and came up with a scenario that I wanted to throw out here.

Would you trade Daum's red-shirt senior year for a win in the NCAA tournament? Would you trade it for a Sweet 16 appearance?

The argument came up because I stated if the Jacks make it past the opening weekend, Daum will be the darling of the tournament (most likely) and could shoot up some draft boards. Personally, I think that if they Jacks split this weekend he comes back to make a run at the Sweet 16.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                We were talking at lunch today and came up with a scenario that I wanted to throw out here.

Would you trade Daum's red-shirt senior year for a win in the NCAA tournament? Would you trade it for a Sweet 16 appearance?

The argument came up because I stated if the Jacks make it past the opening weekend, Daum will be the darling of the tournament (most likely) and could shoot up some draft boards. Personally, I think that if they Jacks split this weekend he comes back to make a run at the Sweet 16.
                Sweet 16...absolutely.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Little ironic isn't it? Here us Jacks fans are hoping like hell for NCAA tourney win(s), but at the same time doing so would increase the likelihood of Daum not being at SDSU next year.

Comment

Keep Otzelberger for another year, let him recruit another class, Daum stays for his senior year, and SDSU will be an absolute monster next year.

I mean a pushing-to-break-into-the-top-25 monster.

My suspicion is that Daum stays to finish what he started here, but time will tell.

Cart goes behind horse, however.

Beat Ohio State first. Then, we'll see what happens from there.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

That same sweet 16 dream scenario would almost definitely send TJ on down the road this spring. I’d take it though. It would be an amazing 8 days!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Cart goes behind horse, however.

Beat Ohio State first. Then, we'll see what happens from there.
                        Oh, I agree. But there is only so much speculation we can make on Ohio State. That is why we always throw out these WWYD college scenarios. It is the joys of group text messages.

Comment

I would take a Sweet 16 appearance even if it meant Daum left. Although the nice thing is, even if we make the sweet 16 or go on a George Mason-esque crazy run... I still think Daum will come back. Like someone else said, I think he really likes it here and will come back to finish what he started, especially since Jenkins joined the party and assuming Otz stays. Imo, the more likely departure would be Otz, but even with a couple wins, I think he'll be back for 1 more year, assuming Daum stays. After that, it will be interesting to see if Otz sticks around or moves on. Here's to hoping AJ has some influence on him.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            I would take a Sweet 16 appearance even if it meant Daum left. Although the nice thing is, even if we make the sweet 16 or go on a George Mason-esque crazy run... I still think Daum will come back. Like someone else said, I think he really likes it here and will come back to finish what he started, especially since Jenkins joined the party and assuming Otz stays. Imo, the more likely departure would be Otz, but even with a couple wins, I think he'll be back for 1 more year, assuming Daum stays. After that, it will be interesting to see if Otz sticks around or moves on. Here's to hoping AJ has some influence on him.
                            The only way that Daum would leave would be for the NBA. I have never worried that he would transfer to another college. It would be hard to turn down the money though...

I agree with Filbert that if everyone stays, which I think they will, we will have one of the top 30 teams in CBB and perhaps the top true "mid-major" program.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                              Time to be the Dauminator. He can lead this team to victory.

To get the win he needs to be the Daumintor in assists and defense. The normal Daum on offense will be just fine as we have other players on this team that can score the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                                To get the win he needs to be the Daumintor in assists and defense. The normal Daum on offense will be just fine as we have other players on this team that can score the ball.
                                He has to put his hands up to defend. There were a bunch of times I saw him in the lane (and some outside) in the USD game with no hands up! You can do that without drawing a foul. Also I feel like they call things looser in the NCAA tourney.

Comment

Working...
                                X