Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    He averaged 9 points and five boards on a balanced team whose leading scorer for most of year didn't even start... That's a pretty solid year
    Concur, I know that Telly had an uneven year shooting from the perimeter, but I was impressed how he contributed when long shots weren't falling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
      Concur, I know that Telly had an uneven year shooting from the perimeter, but I was impressed how he contributed when long shots weren't falling.

He had his struggles during the early and middle part of the season, as did many, played pretty well at the end. Has to get better defensively though.

Daum has all the potential in the world to be one of the greatest ever at SDSU. I hope he stays healthy.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Does SDSU keep track of charges drawn? He HAD to have lead the team.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          He had his struggles during the early and middle part of the season, as did many, played pretty well at the end. Has to get better defensively though.

Daum has all the potential in the world to be one of the greatest ever at SDSU. I hope he stays healthy.
          It did seem like a lot of teams tried to exploit telly on D that they thought he was the weakpoint.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            It did seem like a lot of teams tried to exploit telly on D that they thought he was the weakpoint.
            Probably because that was the position where most opposing teams had the biggest size advantage. Hard for him to match up in both size and strength with players like Konchar and other teams that had big PF's.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Probably because that was the position where most opposing teams had the biggest size advantage. Hard for him to match up in both size and strength with players like Konchar and other teams that had big PF's.
              yep, Not that his defense was alwaya bad by any means but just he was the weaker point to attack. Either a big try to post him up or a guard to drive on him. He will probably do better at the 3 spot and have duam and Theisen at the 4 and 5.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                He averaged 9 points and five boards on a balanced team whose leading scorer for most of year didn't even start... That's a pretty solid year
                Telly is a good player, and in a vacuum he had a solid year. But statistically he did not have a great year compared to his freshman year.

He will need to step up his game for us to be successful next year. I'm confident he can do that.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

yep, Not that his defense was alwaya bad by any means but just he was the weaker point to attack. Either a big try to post him up or a guard to drive on him. He will probably do better at the 3 spot and have duam and Theisen at the 4 and 5.
                  The likelihood of Telly playing 3 is very slim, IMO. Although it might be more likely with a new coach.

We could have had a 3 man rotation at 4/5 with very solid players (Daum, Theisen, Devine) this year and didn't.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    The likelihood of Telly playing 3 is very slim, IMO. Although it might be more likely with a new coach.

We could have had a 3 man rotation at 4/5 with very solid players (Daum, Theisen, Devine) this year and didn't.
                    We also had three outstanding senior guards. If Moffitt doesn't get the extra year, you have King and a first year point guard who hasn't played a minute of college basketball. All of a sudden, Telly at the 3 sounds pretty good to me. And it is hard to argue that he is not a 3 size-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

with the current returning line up your right. depends on who is on the roster come next year that will determine that. losing devine this year hurts that since we lost good depth.

Comment

with the current returning line up your right. depends on who is on the roster come next year that will determine that. losing devine this year hurts that since we lost good depth.
                        Yes, it will be hard to play Thiese and Daum together at the 4/5 much until other depth at those spots is quantified. Devine may have been limited but at least all knew what he was able to contribute.

The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Yes, it will be hard to play Thiese and Daum together at the 4/5 much until other depth at those spots is quantified. Devine may have been limited but at least all knew what he was able to contribute.

At this point, we don't really have proven depth at any position. When that's the case, I think you put your best 5 players on the floor - to me that's Theisen, Daum, Telly, King and hopefully Moffitt. You then bring Gentry at the point, Flatten at the 2/3, Severyn at the 3/4 and Dykman at the 4/5 off the bench. And hopefully our new coach can bring a couple of players in to provide some more depth. If Theisen gets in foul trouble or needs a rest, you can shift Daum over to play the 5 and go small.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            At this point, we don't really have proven depth at any position. When that's the case, I think you put your best 5 players on the floor - to me that's Theisen, Daum, Telly, King and hopefully Moffitt. You then bring Gentry at the point, Flatten at the 2/3, Severyn at the 3/4 and Dykman at the 4/5 off the bench. And hopefully our new coach can bring a couple of players in to provide some more depth. If Theisen gets in foul trouble or needs a rest, you can shift Daum over to play the 5 and go small.
                            Agree with all that. You can't leave Theisen on the bench for fear of foul trouble. Deal with it if/when it happens.

Comment

Saw Daum in a walking boot and using one of those scooters to get around campus today. Hopefully nothing serious.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                Saw Daum in a walking boot and using one of those scooters to get around campus today. Hopefully nothing serious.
                                My daughters saw the same thing in Arby's on Friday. You have to wonder if he had just done it. When Cat Clark did the interview with him a week ago, I can't imagine word wouldn't have gotten out if he had been in a boot at that time.

Comment

Working...
                                X