Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
    So Daum will have until May 30th to withdraw from the draft process. The draft combine is May 16-20.

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/nba...18-eligibility
    draft withdrawal is June 11 according to NBA.com.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
      draft withdrawal is June 11 according to NBA.com.
      My mistake. Add on about another 2 weeks worth of waiting then.

Comment

Saw a tweet today that around 175 underclassmen have declared, and 60 of them have hired an agent which means they cannot come back. Add in the seniors and foreign players and that makes a pretty sizable draft pool. And only about 30 of them can be first round picks with the good guaranteed contracts. Not very good odds.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Saw a tweet today that around 175 underclassmen have declared, and 60 of them have hired an agent which means they cannot come back. Add in the seniors and foreign players and that makes a pretty sizable draft pool. And only about 30 of them can be first round picks with good guaranteed contracts. Not very good odds.
          This is why I think he is using the system to get evaluated, learn what needs work, and them come back and dominate some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
            This is why I think he is using the system to get evaluated, learn what needs work, and them come back and dominate some more.
            Or they tell him he needs to prove himself against better competition and he grad transfers.

Until I hear something officially from Daum I won't be convinced we will see him in Blue and Yellow next fall.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Or they tell him he needs to prove himself against better competition and he grad transfers.

Until I hear something officially from Daum I won't be convinced we will see him in Blue and Yellow next fall.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Daum is coming back.

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2018/4/2...ckrabbits.aspx
                Last edited by NWHSUandSDSU; 04-28-2018, 09:10 AM. Reason: Added story link

Comment

Sweet!!!!!!

Comment

Great news!!!

Comment

Did everyone hear the collective sigh that was uttered across jackrabbit nation!

Comment

Mike Daum is an intelligent young man and made the decision that is best for him. Yes, we benefit. As our experience shows, there is a long ways between Summit League greatness and making it to the big show and sticking around for awhile. "Insiders" that he has spoken to have probably told him of perceived weaknesses he must address in order to get to the next level and be successful. Working on these, he will become even a better player. Regardless, he is now poised to become the undisputed best basketball player in SDSU history.

Comment

Lets pay him back by filling Frost.

Comment

Well that just made my day.... Good choice Mike. Big things ahead for this team!

Comment

It keeps a senior heavy group together which is a bit more magic for the mid major team success in the tournament. Expect another step forward with hard work from a hungry team. If there is improvement among the players like we saw from Tevin King this past offseason, this could be a special year for MBB in Brookings.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                It keeps a senior heavy group together which is a bit more magic for the mid major team success in the tournament. Expect another step forward with hard work from a hungry team. If there is improvement among the players like we saw from Tevin King this past offseason, this could be a special year for MBB in Brookings.
                                Now that Mike has confirmed that he is returning, hopefully he can help reel in a grad transfer with some size to provide some depth up front for the upcoming season.

Comment

Working...
                                X