Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Okay, maybe someone can come up with a more creative nickname. Anyway, he deserves a thread dedicated just to him. In his RS Freshman year he is averaging over 13 pts per game. In Nates true freshman year, he averaged just over 10 ppg. Daum is a scorer. He needs to improve on the defensive end. Only time will tell, but if he becomes a gym rat like Nate, he might be the GOAT.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Okay, maybe someone can come up with a more creative nickname. Anyway, he deserves a thread dedicated just to him. In his RS Freshman year he is averaging over 13 pts per game. In Nates true freshman year, he averaged just over 10 ppg. Daum is a scorer. He needs to improve on the defensive end. Only time will tell, but if he becomes a gym rat like Nate, he might be the GOAT.
    He's been my new favorite player. Big games don't scare him.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

A quick stat comparison.

Daum 2015/16: 19.1 min/game, 13.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg.

Larson 2014/15: 28.5 min/game, 13.9 ppg, 7.2 rpg. First team all-conference.

Daum has a long way to go to match Larson defensively (what freshman wouldn't?), but the numbers are eye-popping.

Comment

I don't think he needs another nick name, just more respect. I thought it was interesting to learn his mother was a big star at U of Wyoming.

Comment

Mike is a special player. When watching him I see a bit of Jordan Dykstra when he was a upper classman.

Comment

Originally posted by SD SPORT FAN View Post
            Mike is a special player. When watching him I see a bit of Jordan Dykstra when he was a upper classman.
            I think that is the role he plays next year when we are no longer guard-rich. Telly moves to the 3 and Daum starts at 4.

Comment

Theisen just not playing smart basketball. He needs to figure out how to stay on the court. Too many games lately he gets two quick fouls in the first half and then sits and non-factor rest of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                I think that is the role he plays next year when we are no longer guard-rich. Telly moves to the 3 and Daum starts at 4.
                With Gentry and King at the 1 and 2?

Comment

Originally posted by 13jacks View Post
                  With Gentry and King at the 1 and 2?
                  With the players on the roster now, you would probably have to say yes. With Gentry having no game experience, I think they have to be looking at JUCO point guards or a graduate transfer who would be eligible right away. The other option would be King play the point and Dykman and Telly at the 2/3 spots.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    With the players on the roster now, you would probably have to say yes. With Gentry having no game experience, I think they have to be looking at JUCO point guards or a graduate transfer who would be eligible right away. The other option would be King play the point and Dykman and Telly at the 2/3 spots.
                    I think Flatten could start at the 2.

King/Gentry
                    Flatten/Dykman
                    Telly/Severyn
                    Daum/Telly
                    Theisen/Devine

A juco guard or grad transfer guard would be ideal.

Comment

So if he is doing good he is"dauminating". But if he struggles an "ahh daum it" is in order?
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        So if he is doing good he is"dauminating". But if he struggles an "ahh daum it" is in order?
                        "Daum it to heck."
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

We need to lobby Daum go grow his hair out. He looks a lot like Mike Miller did at his age...get the kid some locks and a headband he may become a doppelganger
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            "Daum it to heck."
                            Maybe he three point shot should be from Daumtown
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

@kenpomeroy Two freshmen lead their conference's all-kPOY team: Ben Simmons and South Dakota St.'s Mike Daum, aka the Ben Simmons of the Summit League

Yes, that Ken Pomeroy.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X