Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    My guess is that he will get a shot. The issue is that the active rosters are fairly small in the NBA. My guess would be that someone drafts him and then stashes him on their G-League team to let him develop a bit more. Would be interesting to see him end up on the Heat (Would be great for Sioux Falls attendance).

He really needs to start shooting the lights out again. Zimmer mentioned the lower shooting percentage could be hurting him in scout's eyes
    I'd agree. I'm pretty sure he'll get a shot. He likely won't get drafted but I'd think an invite to a camp and playing in the summer league is an almost certainty.

Comment

Good story in the Argus Leader, too.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...VYnqiAFXE1BEn0
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        I'd agree. I'm pretty sure he'll get a shot. He likely won't get drafted but I'd think an invite to a camp and playing in the summer league is an almost certainty.
        He is going to have the same issues that Nate had when he went to the NBA. If he doesn't have sustained success out of the box he will get written off as a "big fish in a small pond" type player. Heck, Nate had that issue and he even proved himself right away. Small school guys seem to have to prove themselves over and over to stick.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          He is going to have the same issues that Nate had when he went to the NBA. If he doesn't have sustained success out of the box he will get written off as a "big fish in a small pond" type player. Heck, Nate had that issue and he even proved himself right away. Small school guys seem to have to prove themselves over and over to stick.
          There will be more cash for him over seas. Might as well get paid plus he can see the world.

Comment

Chuck Cecil, who many on here know, wrote a very humorous column for the Brookings Register. He starts out recognizing the feats of Mike Daum and not being able to see the top of his refrigerator. He wonders if Mike is the tallest player in history of SDSU and finds out from Ron Lenz, that there have been many taller ones than Mike. It is a quick review of SDSU basketball, and mentions many who I never seen play since I lived in Chicago and took summer vacations.
            Here is the link: https://brookingsregister.com/articl...ll-at-sd-state

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Chuck Cecil, who many on here know, wrote a very humorous column for the Brookings Register. He starts out recognizing the feats of Mike Daum and not being able to see the top of his refrigerator. He wonders if Mike is the tallest player in history of SDSU and finds out from Ron Lenz, that there have been many taller ones than Mike. It is a quick review of SDSU basketball, and mentions many who I never seen play since I lived in Chicago and took summer vacations.
              Here is the link: https://brookingsregister.com/articl...ll-at-sd-state
              Jared dejung? Or something like that. He was rather tall in the end our D-2 days.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Jared dejung? Or something like that. He was rather tall in the end our D-2 days.
                6’11” per this link https://basketball.realgm.com/player.../Summary/13326

Comment

I don't recall Jared playing a whole lot at SDSU. He was a lanky one. He definitely would have a problem with the 5'6" dorm beds.

Comment

Tom Black and Mark Engen come to mind as tall players.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      Tom Black and Mark Engen come to mind as tall players.
                      Engen was the other I couldn't think of. 6'10 OR 11 also I think.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

6’10”. https://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2258
                        Google is your friend.

Comment

Some other good, tall Jacks from SDSU's past and their listed heights: Steve Lingenfelder (6-9), Tom Black (6-10), Raul Duarte (6-9).
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            Some other good, tall Jacks from SDSU's past and their listed heights: Steve Lingenfelder (6-9), Tom Black (6-10), Raul Duarte (6-9).
                            Tom Black passed away maybe a year or two ago and was on campus as a student when I was. A very good rebounder as I recall. I believe he played in the NBA. He tranferred in with Nick Brod from B10 Wisconsin. Brod was from Huron and join high school teammate Denny Busch at SDSU. They, were as many recall, College Division National champions in 1963. I recall seeing Tom at the library and thought him huge in stature.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 02-06-2019, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I saw Mark at a football game maybe last year. Maybe not the best player in history, but put forth effort on the court and in the classroom. Unlike one of tall teammates who was recruited the same year as Mark, but did not work out. His name I do not recall. I do keep wondering how the big guy mentioned by Chuck Cecil in the 1920’s managed to get good nights sleep being 6’8” and slept in 5’6” bed. Did he rig up a couple of chairs to accommodate his extra body? Being he came from Estelline, he no doubt went home weekends to catch up on sleep or maybe brought his own bed to campus.

Comment

Joe Ashley. https://sdbbhof.com/2017-inductees/joe-ashley-2017/

Comment

Working...
                                X