Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
    name 5 schools he would be the 6th man for?

maybe I think he's way better than he is but I don't think there are more than 5 schools he wouldn't start for.
    Michigan State, Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas

He's a great player. All that I am saying is that there is a risk in transferring into a new program. He is guaranteed to start every game and get as many minutes as he wants at SDSU. That isn't going to be guaranteed at any larger program.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Unfortunately for Mike, production at the college level is not at the top of the list of things the NBA considers in making draft picks. If you look at that list of 80 players, it is dominated by college freshmen and sophomores, foreign players and even high school seniors. There have been college freshmen who have been lottery picks that were not in their college starting lineup. The NBA draft is all about potential and projecting how players fit into the pro game. And today that game is all about athleticism - quickness and foot speed. And those are not Mike's strengths. And are things that cannot be changed much by playing better competition. According to reports during the season, there have been NBA scouts at many of our games. Most have likely made up their minds where they see Mike fitting in as a pro player. And I don't think that is likely to change much because of where he plays his senior season.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Unfortunately for Mike, production at the college level is not at the top of the list of things the NBA considers in making draft picks. If you look at that list of 80 players, it is dominated by college freshmen and sophomores, foreign players and even high school seniors. There have been college freshmen who have been lottery picks that were not in their college starting lineup. The NBA draft is all about potential and projecting how players fit into the pro game. And today that game is all about athleticism - quickness and foot speed. And those are not Mike's strengths. And are things that cannot be changed much by playing better competition. According to reports during the season, there have been NBA scouts at many of our games. Most have likely made up their minds where they see Mike fitting in as a pro player. And I don't think that is likely to change much because of where he plays his senior season.
        What Daum probably has going for him, is the obvious, height and length, and can shoot. NBA always needs shooters, so like others said, he would probably fit the mike miller mold. Height and ability to shoot will give him a chance for sure. The way I look at it, is he is better then a lot of the guys at the end of the bench in the NBA. I think with Daum it will be finding the right situation.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
            Pretty impressive.
            Looking forward to joining the Summit & MVFC.

Comment

Daum named AP-All American - Honorable Mention. I was hoping he'd make at least 3rd team!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ica-team-first

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                Daum named AP-All American - Honorable Mention. I was hoping he'd make at least 3rd team!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ica-team-first
                I didn’t see Matt Mooney on that list. Being the best player in the Summit I thought he would have been.

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2018/3/2...-american.aspx

Daum, Konchar, and Mooney make the Lou Henson squad.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    http://www.gojacks.com/news/2018/3/2...-american.aspx

Daum, Konchar, and Mooney make the Lou Henson squad.
                    Earned and deserved by all three. Good for the Summit League.

Comment

If Wagner from Michigan goes to the NBA, Daum would fit in nicely there imo. In no way do I want to see him leave though!

Comment

Daum has declared for draft WITHOUT an agent.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                          Daum has declared for draft WITHOUT an agent.
                          Smart

Comment

So Daum will have until May 30th to withdraw from the draft process. The draft combine is May 16-20.

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/nba...18-eligibility

Comment

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
                              So Daum will have until May 30th to withdraw from the draft process. The draft combine is May 16-20.

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/nba...18-eligibility
                              Can he go to the combine but still go back to school?
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                Can he go to the combine but still go back to school?
                                Yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X