Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Who is this Austin of which you speak? I don't recall an Austin.

SUPERBUNNY
    Hansen.

Comment

One thing that makes picking the best of all time tough is most of us have only seen a fraction of these guys play. Also, the game has changed so much. Don Jacobsen could only play three years and there was no 3 point shot yet he scored almost 1500 points. How do you compare him with today's players? Especially when most of us never saw him play.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        One thing that makes picking the best of all time tough is most of us have only seen a fraction of these guys play. Also, the game has changed so much. Don Jacobsen could only play three years and there was no 3 point shot yet he scored almost 1500 points. How do you compare him with today's players? Especially when most of us never saw him play.
        Precisely, and Don Jacobsen's mother knew more about keeping the house suitable for her children to grow up in than she knew about basketball. I believe Don had several brothers and sisters. I am not knocking Mike Daum's mother, but she as he states was a big help in developing some of Mike's skills. A very lucky guy. It goes to show society has changed and so has the game. I don't recall Don shooting much from the perimeter, but he generally took good inside shots, and played very good defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
          Hansen.
          I think SuperBunny knew who you meant but was pulling your chain for a reaction.

Comment

Some serious thread drift. Wow! Maybe someone should start new threads for "best Jacks MBB player ever", "MBB player most important to the program", and favorite type of pie.

Mike Daum is probably already the best player in Jacks history. If he stays and plays his fourth year here it isn't even a question.

I've been going to games all my life and here is my top 5:
            1. Mike Daum
            2. Nate Wolters
            3. Mark Tetzlaff
            4. Steve Lingenfelter
            5. Jason Sempsrott

Most important to program:
            1. Nate Wolters
            2. Mark Tetzlaff
            3. Brian Norberg
            4. Casey Estling
            5. Kai Williams

Favorite type of pie:
            1. Coconut Cream
            2. Pumpkin
            3. Key Lime
            4. Banana Cream
            5. Humble

SUPERBUNNY
            John Thomas made it to the last cut with Boston Celtics.

Comment

Favorite type of pie:
              1. Coconut Cream
              2. Pumpkin
              3. Key Lime
              4. Banana Cream
              5. Humble

SUPERBUNNY
              Any top 5 pie list not including Cherry, Apple, and French Silk is trava-sham-mockery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Biggest Jack of all time - Joe Ashley!

Okay, so he wasn't athletic, not a great shot, but when he reached over you in the lunch line to grab what he wanted, that 7' frame was a monster.

Apple pie has to be in the mix, because this is Merica!

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                  Hansen.
                  Only Austin Hansen I know is a Coyote.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Only Austin Hansen I know is a Coyote.

SUPERBUNNY
                    And a Traitor, I heard he was considering changing his legal name to Benedict Arnold?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      And a Traitor, I heard he was considering changing his legal name to Benedict Arnold?
                      Stop that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting that our AD, Justin Sell, is the chair of the committee looking at possibly changing the grad transfer rules. Even more interesting is that the writer of this article didn't put two and two together and realize that Sell's school could be dealing with this exact same situation after this season.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...m-better-worse

Comment

"Five Mid-Major Prospects That Should Be on NBA Radars"
                          https://www.si.com/nba/2018/01/08/nb...low_twitter_si

Comment

From GoJacks.com:

South Dakota State's Mike Daum
                            has been named the Summit League's December Male Athlete of the Month, announced Tuesday by the league office.

I didn't realize he is only 600 points behind Nate. It is crazy to think that Mark Tetzlaff's scoring mark held up for 24 years. Nate's will stand for 6. I know that some of that can be attributed to how the game is played now, but it is still a great indicator of how spoiled we have been the past few years.

-South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              From GoJacks.com:

South Dakota State's Mike Daum
                              has been named the Summit League's December Male Athlete of the Month, announced Tuesday by the league office.

I didn't realize he is only 600 points behind Nate. It is crazy to think that Mark Tetzlaff's scoring mark held up for 24 years. Nate's will stand for 6. I know that some of that can be attributed to how the game is played now, but it is still a great indicator of how spoiled we have been the past few years.

also isn't Jenkins Jr an out side chance to break Daums freshman scoring record?
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                also isn't Jenkins Jr an out side chance to break Daums freshman scoring record?
                                It will be close and he has a decent chance:

2015-2016 (Daum's Freshman Year)
                                :
                                518 points (15.2 average) - 34 games

2017-2018 (Jenkins):

Thru 19 games he has 280 points (14.7 average).
                                15 games left (including 3 games in SL) for a total of 34 games
                                If he maintains his average he will end with 500.5 points
                                If we make the NCAA tourney and he has an Ole Miss type game, he's got a chance
                                Or let's just make a deep run in the NCAA tourney and he'll have it
                                Or he just needs to creep up his average through the remainder of the conference season

Cite: http://gojacks.com/sports/2007/8/16/...px?path=mbball

Comment

Working...
                                X