Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    My daughters saw the same thing in Arby's on Friday. You have to wonder if he had just done it. When Cat Clark did the interview with him a week ago, I can't imagine word wouldn't have gotten out if he had been in a boot at that time.
    He was in a boot immediately after the season ended. I was told nothing serious, just trying to heal a nagging injury that doesn't go away throughout the course of the season.
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
      He was in a boot immediately after the season ended. I was told nothing serious, just trying to heal a nagging injury that doesn't go away throughout the course of the season.
      It sure seems there were a lot of nagging injuries this season.

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...016-17/page/22

Article on mid major players. Daum made the list as well as a few honorable mentions from the Summit.

Comment

Have to be an Insider to read the article. Mike Daum #25 Best Player in America for 2016-2017.

http://insider.espn.com/mens-college...ege-basketball

25. Mike Daum, South Dakota State Jackrabbits
          Last season, coach Scott Nagy preferred to bring Daum in off the bench, even though the 6-foot-9 freshman led the Jackrabbits in both scoring and rebounds. Whether or not he starts as a sophomore, the SDSU star is on track to terrorize the rest of the Summit League yet again. Daum has excellent 3-point range, converts 57 percent of his 2s, draws nearly eight (yes, eight) fouls per 40 minutes and shoots 83 percent at the line.

Comment

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebask...ortant-players

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Zimmer wrote a nice piece on Daum:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ight/92502340/

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...on-nba-radars/

Comment

Today's article
                  http://www.midmajormadness.com/2016/...to-take-notice
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

We need a win against USD in a bad way. Honestly my biggest fear is that daum takes advantage of the grad transfer rule. It's a growing trend and he would be an ideal candidate because he could go to any school in the country. If he has enough credits he could transfer this year, not sit out and play 2 more years at any p5 college.

for exposure it won't help if he's on a losing team in the summit league. I don't know if that's even a consideration for daum but with the growing trend thought it's worth discussing.

Comment

This certainly is a possibility but usually only occurs the final, 5th year. Unless he's exceptionally gifted on the academic side which he certainly may be, it would be hard to graduate from SDSU in 3 years while playing D-I basketball.

Comment

I don't now the rules well but it would have to involved a release from SDSU and he would have to have graduated to use the grad transfer rule. I think he also has to complete his 4 year commitment to the program. Very very unlikely that he would choose to go that route.

This team has potential and he is the one they are building around. I think that's a better opportunity for him then accepting a much more limited role on a P5 or high mid major program.

The grad transfer waiver is about academics......wink wink. It's for that grad student that wants a graduate degree not offered at the institution they received their undergrad degree from. Not about playing sports........

Only way he leaves early is with a traditional transfer and that would require him to lose a full year. Not happening.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

With summer classes it's a lot more possible now. The last 2 years it's become more popular using the grad transfer rule for 2years.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            I don't now the rules well but it would have to involved a release from SDSU and he would have to have graduated to use the grad transfer rule. I think he also has to complete his 4 year commitment to the program. Very very unlikely that he would choose to go that route.

This team has potential and he is the one they are building around. I think that's a better opportunity for him then accepting a much more limited role on a P5 or high mid major program.

The grad transfer waiver is about academics......wink wink. It's for that grad student that wants a graduate degree not offered at the institution they received their undergrad degree from. Not about playing sports........

Only way he leaves early is with a traditional transfer and that would require him to lose a full year. Not happening.

Daum would start at about 75% of P5 schools, so role wise it would make total sense.
                            The school would grant the release the last thing they would want is media publicity in that way

the kicker like you said is he'd have to be able to graduate by the end of summer. That might not be possible I have no idea.

Hopefully he is no where near the credits Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                              Daum would start at about 75% of P5 schools, so role wise it would make total sense.
                              The school would grant the release the last thing they would want is media publicity in that way

the kicker like you said is he'd have to be able to graduate by the end of summer. That might not be possible I have no idea.

He's not going anywhere after this yr, next year may be different story

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post

I dont doubt that that he could start at a P5 school. If the NBA is interested, they know where to find him. I think if he uses the Grad Rule, its no big deal. His eligibility at SDSU will have been totally used up.

Comment

Working...
                                X