Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

No doubt about it, as Jackrabbit fans, we have been very spoiled.

Congratulations to Mike, and hard working kid, who kept working... who'd have thunk that the guy who redshirted would be the all time leading scorer, and guys like Telly and Thiesen, (who had great careers, no offense to them, at all, in the slightest, love them both) who were more heralded and were bigger contributors right away..didn't.

Mike is a really nice young man, whose parents obviously raised him well.

Comment

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but does everyone realize just how high Mike is likely to climb on the all time NCAA D1 basketball scoring list? The Jacks basketball twitter account keeps tweeting out who he's about to pass each game (he's at 2,449 right now), but if you extrapolate to the end of the season, assume he'll stay on his pace of 24 per game, and assume that we make it to the dance and play one game there (26 more games)... He would land at 6th all time at 3,073 points... 6th... ALL TIME. This is absolutely mind blowing. All the more reason to get out there and see him as much as you can while he's playing for SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but does everyone realize just how high Mike is likely to climb on the all time NCAA D1 basketball scoring list? The Jacks basketball twitter account keeps tweeting out who he's about to pass each game (he's at 2,449 right now), but if you extrapolate to the end of the season, assume he'll stay on his pace of 24 per game, and assume that we make it to the dance and play one game there (26 more games)... He would land at 6th all time at 3,073 points... 6th... ALL TIME. This is absolutely mind blowing. All the more reason to get out there and see him as much as you can while he's playing for SDSU.
        When you see the names of the players he is passing, it drives home just how amazing he has been in his Jackrabbit career.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          I did a similar calculation earlier this season and came up with 6th as well. Yes, mind blowing is correct. We should have stayed D2....no way we can compete with the big boys.......SMH........

Comment

Only 8 players have 3.000 or more points! Pretty rare air! Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              When you see the names of the players he is passing, it drives home just how amazing he has been in his Jackrabbit career.
              Two notable names he's likely to be listed above after tonight: Christian Laettner and Danny Ainge.

I'm not sure what to expect in terms of a win or loss tonight. If things are really clicking we should take this one but it's still a little early in the season to expect that in a bigtime road game.

Two straight televised SDSU games tonight - I don't mind the cold and ridiculously early nightfall outside a bit on evenings like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                Two notable names he's likely to be listed above after tonight: Christian Laettner and Danny Ainge.

I'm not sure what to expect in terms of a win or loss tonight. If things are really clicking we should take this one but it's still a little early in the season to expect that in a bigtime road game.

Two straight televised SDSU games tonight - I don't mind the cold and ridiculously early nightfall outside a bit on evenings like this.
                With the current trends in MBB he is also very likely to stay up in the all-time rankings for quite awhile. The guys good enough to pass him won't stay long enough to accomplish it. The ones that stay long enough probably aren't good enough.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

If Daum averaged 40 points a game thru the National championship, he still would end up 1 point short of the all time record. Those must have been an amazing three years watching Maravich at LSU.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                    If Daum averaged 40 points a game thru the National championship, he still would end up 1 point short of the all time record. Those must have been an amazing three years watching Maravich at LSU.
                    And, if I'm not mistaken, there was no 3pt shot when he was at LSU. From what I have read about him, the more he creeps up my top basketball players list

Comment

SI’s Mid-Season All-American Team. Mike Daum Honorable Mention.
                      https://amp.si.com/college-basketbal...mpression=true

Comment

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...20190128j136a7

and another etc
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          This is impressive. Where is his next stop? If not the NBA, he should make big bucks in Europe. Appears to be a great guy, full of spirit, an impressive moment when UND tied the game in Grand Forks. The Dauminator took over.

Comment

Some more nice pub.

https://ncaamreview.com/2019/01/30/t...ever-heard-of/
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Monday night on the Duke/ Notre Dame game, Jay bilas mentioned Daum and Jenkins. He was talking about Dukes Barrett and Williamson being the only duo that is averaging 20+pts a game. He then said there was 2 that were real close in Mike Daum and David Jenkins of South Dakota St

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                This is impressive. Where is his next stop? If not the NBA, he should make big bucks in Europe.
                                My guess is that he will get a shot. The issue is that the active rosters are fairly small in the NBA. My guess would be that someone drafts him and then stashes him on their G-League team to let him develop a bit more. Would be interesting to see him end up on the Heat (Would be great for Sioux Falls attendance).

He really needs to start shooting the lights out again. Zimmer mentioned the lower shooting percentage could be hurting him in scout's eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X