Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    I don’t remember this, but I don’t look at this site as much as I used to. I never heard any rumors on Wisconsin this past year. However....Mike wanted to go to Wisconsin the year Nagy left. Krabbenhoft said no.
    The poster didn't give a specific place. Just posted that this past year was going to be Mike's last year in Brookings as "someone close to the program" told him Mike was going to grad transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      The poster didn't give a specific place. Just posted that this past year was going to be Mike's last year in Brookings as "someone close to the program" told him Mike was going to grad transfer.
      It was stated Wisconsin. I could find the post but does it really matter? It isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        It was stated Wisconsin. I could find the post but does it really matter? It isn't happening.
        Your right and no. I went and found the post and it did say Wisconsin. I didn't remember that.

It matters zero. I'm stoked Mike is coming back. I would guess the rest of the league isn't.

Comment

Great article by Zim going into more depth about Daum and his decision: https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...son/573147002/

Talks about his body and athleticism and all that.

This was my favorite part of the article:

"I really didn’t consider it. The grad transfer thing was obviously something that was always there, but it was never really an option for me because of the relationships I’ve built at South Dakota State. It was an easy decision to come back.”
          That's gotta sting for our friends down south. Mooney must not have built those relationships.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Great article by Zim going into more depth about Daum and his decision: https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...son/573147002/

That's gotta sting for our friends down south. Mooney must not have built those relationships.
            But I could have swore he was going to Wisconsin!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

The idea that a student-athlete who is on pace to be only the 9th player in the history of NCAA DI to reach 3,000 career points is this dedicated to improving his game is just all kinds of awesome.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Great article about a guy that’s going to be remembered here for decades.

It’s crazy to think of how good he could be if he does indeed make the physical changes the article notes. Leaner and quicker along with the likely improvements that another year brings to his skillset. It’s going to be fun to watch.

Comment

That odd sound you're hearing is Summit League coaches and fans (esp. around Fargo/Vermillion) crying out in dismay.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

#26 on the list is no surprise here

https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...e-hoops-season
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

For what it's worth, the Dauminator narrowly won won the 3-point shootout at the Oct. 17 tip-off event. He won the men's contest, then narrowly beat Macy Miller, the women's winner.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        For what it's worth, the Dauminator narrowly won won the 3-point shootout at the Oct. 17 tip-off event. He won the men's contest, then narrowly beat Macy Miller, the women's winner.
                        Any other highlights/observations from the tip-off?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Any other highlights/observations from the tip-off?
                          There's not much action to report. The men and women players were introduced, and there were some shooting competitions. No dunking contest. No three-on-three competition or anything like that. The players all seemed to be in good spirits, and there was a good crowd. I looked for injuries. The only thing I noticed on the men's team is that Tevin King seemed to walk with a limp, but he didn't have crutches or a brace. Aaron Fiegen has bulked up nicely, but apparently will redshirt. It looks like Alou Dillon has bulked up, too. Mike Daum looks lean and hard. Michael Carter III, the transfer from Washington, is on the roster, but I don't recall seeing him in the shoot-around. He has to sit out this season.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

There's not much action to report. The men and women players were introduced, and there were some shooting competitions. No dunking contest. No three-on-three competition or anything like that. The players all seemed to be in good spirits, and there was a good crowd. I looked for injuries. The only thing I noticed on the men's team is that Tevin King seemed to walk with a limp, but he didn't have crutches or a brace. Aaron Fiegen has bulked up nicely, but apparently will redshirt. It looks like Alou Dillon has bulked up, too. Mike Daum looks lean and hard. Michael Carter III, the transfer from Washington, is on the roster, but I don't recall seeing him in the shoot-around. He has to sit out this season.
                            Did Lindsey T. take part in the 3pt competition? I am hoping she is a ball hawk like Lexi A. but, a player we can count on to be able to shoot.

Comment

There were several heats of shooting competition. I think Lindsey Theuinick was in one of them, but I don't recall how she did. The size of the new recruits on the women's team was impressive. There are now five women listed at 6-2 or taller on the roster, and eight of the 14 are listed at 6-0 or more.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

There were several heats of shooting competition. I think Lindsey Theuinick was in one of them, but I don't recall how she did. The size of the new recruits on the women's team was impressive. There are now five women listed at 6-2 or taller on the roster, and eight of the 14 are listed at 6-0 or more.
                                Thanks! This sounds like a great deal. Any idea on redshirts?

Comment

Working...
                                X