Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Daum gets some time on ESPN SportscCenter tonight for going over the 3000 point mark.

Comment

Interesting analysis of Mike's game and potential NBA skill-set. http://www.professionalbasketballcom...game-mike-daum

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Interesting analysis of Mike's game and potential NBA skill-set. www.professionalbasketballcombine.com/news/mid-major-big-game-mike-daum
        Fair assessment. I can see him not getting drafted or going late in the 2nd round. Either way, it will be fun seeing how he does in the summer league and how he matches up with legit NBA guys.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Fair assessment. I can see him not getting drafted or going late in the 2nd round. Either way, it will be fun seeing how he does in the summer league and how he matches up with legit NBA guys.
          I agree that he is more likely to go late to a good team that is looking for a missing piece for their bench that they can afford to bring along slowly. The average to poor teams are looking for players that can produce quickly to fill big holes.

Comment

So I was feeling a little nostalgic tonight, so I went back into forum history and was reading the GDT's from the 2016 tournament games....found this little gem from SoDakJack in the GDT vs ORU http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...-Golden-Eagles (post #34) after Daum willed the Jacks to victory.
            Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            How much fun is 3 more years of Mike Daum going to be to watch?
            Highlight's of the game as well:

I'd say the following 3 years were far and away more memorable/fun than any of us imagined they would be! It's kind of stunning the end is nearly here.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              So I was feeling a little nostalgic tonight, so I went back into forum history and was reading the GDT's from the 2016 tournament games....found this little gem from SoDakJack in the GDT vs ORU http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...-Golden-Eagles (post #34) after Daum willed the Jacks to victory.
              Highlight's of the game as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJBBTr92EKQ

I'd say the following 3 years were far and away more memorable/fun than any of us imagined they would be! It's kind of stunning the end is nearly here.
              I remember that first year when he was redshirting (in sweats during warm-ups) he often times would take a few shots in warm-ups. Here was a somewhat “chubby”, long-armed (gangly) kid out shooting from the three point line with a strange looking shot. I thought to myself who is this kid and what is he doing just shooting 3’s? Oh how that kid became a SDSU legend.

Comment

It was those stupid dingy gray uniforms. Like they were suppose to be white but someone left their black socks in the laundry.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  It was those stupid dingy gray uniforms. Like they were suppose to be white but someone left their black socks in the laundry.
                  It definitely appears to be a laundry problem, the grey uniforms. I dont care for them either.

Comment

I think that we all saw he had some tools, but I don't think that anyone knew what was in store for us. He's the best player to ever put on a Jacks uniform.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I remember that tournament really well. George Marshall and Jake Bittle were both barely healthy at that point and playing nowhere near to their best. Keaton Moffitt was also a huge part of that team.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Daum was selected as 1 of 8 participants in the 3 point contest at the Target Center on April 4th (Final 4 weekend). Good for him, pretty cool honor and fun experience.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksMBB/statu...59922606870531

Comment

I got a chance to catch up with Mike before he went to Phoenix to prep for the NBA Draft. We cover a variety of topics including his thoughts on T.J. Otzelberger, David Jenkins, Matt Mooney, the bittersweet ending to the season and some interesting discussion on how serious (or not serious) he was about transferring.

Give it a listen! Hope you guys enjoy it

https://twitter.com/MidcoSN/status/1120798435269984256

-David Brown

Comment

Nice work David. Was surprised to hear he had more thoughts of transferring after Nagy left than he did about grad transferring.

Comment

Yes nice work David, I don't think Mike was asked where he would have transferred too if he was going to, but with Kimball being maybe an hour from Laramie, and his mother and dad being connected to Wyoming, in my mind this would be my guess. I think Coach Nagy and staff did a bang up job of selling SDSU to the Daums. During the SL tourney Senator John Thune was interviewed. The Senator mentioned that some of Mike's relatives lived at Senator Thune home of Murdo, SD. A bit of SD connection,

Comment

It will be interesting to see if Mike received an invite to the NBA draft combine. Have seen reports that some pretty good big men (Reid Travis, Jordan Murphy, Ethan Happ) were not invited. Sometimes it seems that players that stay in college for 4 years get the short end of the stick in the draft process.

Comment

Working...
                                X