Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Flatten tweaked his ankle so there was no dunk contest because of that. I thought Daum still looked pudgy, just skinnier. I would bet he leans out a little more still. He got too skinny this summer. They are trying to put some muscle back on still

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      Thanks! This sounds like a great deal. Any idea on redshirts?
      I don't have any inside information on who might redshirt this season. But I do know that, in general, Coach AJ doesn't really like to redshirt players. He likes to get them on the court, see if they can play, and cycle them through in regular time. He also prefers to maintain a 14-player roster, leaving one position open in case a potential star recruit or transfer unexpectedly becomes available.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        There were several heats of shooting competition. I think Lindsey Theuinick was in one of them, but I don't recall how she did. The size of the new recruits on the women's team was impressive. There are now five women listed at 6-2 or taller on the roster, and eight of the 14 are listed at 6-0 or more.
        I think this is all correct but I could be wrong.

Women's 3-points contest-

Miller- 12 points
        Theuninck- 11 points - or Cascio Jensen but I'm fairly positive it was Theuninck.
        Guebert- 10 points
        Palmer- 8 points

Men's 3-point contest-

Daum- 13 points
        Mims- 13 points
        Krueger or Arians- 13 points
        ??

Daum won by making the second 3 from the top of the key (after the other two missed). The rest of the team was right next to him trying to distract him.

Comment

Thanks for the info guy’s. We are really blessed to have a WBB program that seems to reload every year with top notch players and has as good or better potential than previous teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            I don't have any inside information on who might redshirt this season. But I do know that, in general, Coach AJ doesn't really like to redshirt players. He likes to get them on the court, see if they can play, and cycle them through in regular time. He also prefers to maintain a 14-player roster, leaving one position open in case a potential star recruit or transfer unexpectedly becomes available.
            I have 15 players on my scholarship chart, the full limit, for 2020-2021, is that correct? Just seeking verification on that.

Comment

Any chance we can move this out of the Mike Daum thread?
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The UNI football loss was tough to watch. So, one has some choices: 1) drink mass quantities of one's favorite adult beverage? Nah. 2) go to the gym for a tough workout? Nah, did that this morning. 3) get on the message board and gripe. Nah...others have that covered quite well. Best idea: Turn on the DVR and watch Mike Daum and company, the 12-seed Jackrabbits, play five-seed Ohio State in the first round of the 2018 NCAA Dance. Just finished the first half. Jacks and Buckeyes tied at 43. I may just stop there. Boy, is that first half fun to watch.

Comment

Mike scored 41 today and passed Nate for the school record. Congrats to him.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Good job Daum. You passed a legend.

Comment

It's pretty remarkable.

I remember waaaay back in the day, in 2013 when Wolters passed Tetzlaff, I wondered how long it'd be till we saw someone hit 2000 points again, let along pass Wolters..."maybe never in my lifetime" I thought.

I wonder how Daums record will stand? Probably my entire life.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

We've been awfully lucky with Wolters and Daum.

Last night I was watching the Nebraska/Texas Tech game on ESPN. There was Mooney - starting for 5-0 TTU, playing a ton and scoring 15 points in front of a good crowd and national TV audience. Meanwhile, Daum is doing his thing in an empty gym at 10 in the morning on pay-per-view internet "TV". He could have chosen to play for about any top-25 team yet hung in there to finish what he started at SDSU. Appreciate it and get out and see his farewell tour this winter. Thanks Mike!

Comment

It is pretty crazy that he breaks the school's all time scoring record and we're here like ho-hum. I do think we sometimes take for granted how good he is. I haven't been to Frost for a few years, but I'm definitely going to try to make it up once or twice this year on a Saturday game.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            It's pretty remarkable.

I remember waaaay back in the day, in 2013 when Wolters passed Tetzlaff, I wondered how long it'd be till we saw someone hit 2000 points again, let along pass Wolters..."maybe never in my lifetime" I thought.

I wonder how Daums record will stand? Probably my entire life.
                            David Jenkins Jr. outscored Daum his freshman year...

Needs to pick up the pace this year though. His 19.2 PPG trails Daum's 25.1 as a sophomore.

We are definitely spoiled with the talent that's been through SDSU in the last decade.

=)

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              It is pretty crazy that he breaks the school's all time scoring record and we're here like ho-hum. I do think we sometimes take for granted how good he is. I haven't been to Frost for a few years, but I'm definitely going to try to make it up once or twice this year on a Saturday game.
                              No ho hum here

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                                David Jenkins Jr. outscored Daum his freshman year...

Needs to pick up the pace this year though. His 19.2 PPG trails Daum's 25.1 as a sophomore.

We are definitely spoiled with the talent that's been through SDSU in the last decade.

=)
                                Part of the issue that anyone going forward will have is that with the success of the program, we are getting better and better players. I think that we are already starting to see it this year. We don't need Daum to drop 28 a game to win.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X