Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    It will be close and he has a decent chance:

2015-2016 (Daum's Freshman Year)
    :
    518 points (15.2 average) - 34 games

2017-2018 (Jenkins):

Thru 19 games he has 280 points (14.7 average).
    15 games left (including 3 games in SL) for a total of 34 games
    If he maintains his average he will end with 500.5 points
    If we make the NCAA tourney and he has an Ole Miss type game, he's got a chance
    Or let's just make a deep run in the NCAA tourney and he'll have it
    Or he just needs to creep up his average through the remainder of the conference season

Cite: http://gojacks.com/sports/2007/8/16/...px?path=mbball
    I was just discussing Jenkins last night with a few alums. I don't think that we have seen the best of him yet this year. He is still learning to play at this level. I think that he will break it, but not by a lot.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      I was just discussing Jenkins last night with a few alums. I don't think that we have seen the best of him yet this year. He is still learning to play at this level. I think that he will break it, but not by a lot.
      If he adds some 20 point games with conference play, he should get it. 3 games in SF will help and yes a game or two in the dance and it should be his. Either way its going to be one of the best still even if he doesn't get it.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

https://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...jor-basketball
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Interesting that our AD, Justin Sell, is the chair of the committee looking at possibly changing the grad transfer rules. Even more interesting is that the writer of this article didn't put two and two together and realize that Sell's school could be dealing with this exact same situation after this season.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...m-better-worse
          A little update on this. https://twitter.com/ESPN_Schick/stat...71983866277888

@ESPN_Schick
          I spoke w/ an NCAA official this week who was “95% certain” transfers will soon be allowed to play immediately in basketball & football. Could be a one-time freebie, plus grad transfer option. So in theory, a student-athlete could play for three different schools w/o sitting out.

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post
            A little update on this. https://twitter.com/ESPN_Schick/stat...71983866277888

@ESPN_Schick
            I spoke w/ an NCAA official this week who was “95% certain” transfers will soon be allowed to play immediately in basketball & football. Could be a one-time freebie, plus grad transfer option. So in theory, a student-athlete could play for three different schools w/o sitting out.
            seems bad for us.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              seems bad for us.
              I am not so sure this is bad for us. If the student athlete is successful and likes the coaches, crowds, school spirt, etc. then I see no reason for them to leave. If we continue improving our program and have success in getting into the NCAA tourney, I can see this as being a destination place for some athletes. Usually the athletes that leave here are not the stars of the program. They leave because they are not happy with playing time and those that are not happy with playing time are probably fringe players anyway. Them leaving gives us a chance to bring in a better player that wants to play in the NCAA's and have long home winning streaks. Since we went D-1, I can not think of any All Conference type player leaving the BB program.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I hope this doesn't become a situation of players getting together and creating power teams much like the NBA. With the AAU circuit these players are more familiar with each other than ever before. I guess time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                  I hope this doesn't become a situation of players getting together and creating power teams much like the NBA. With the AAU circuit these players are more familiar with each other than ever before. I guess time will tell.
                  Would be pretty crazy if teams like Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, and North Carolina started getting a bunch of the best recruits.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

• Mike Daum - The Dauminator

This really shouldn’t be about “us” or what’s best for the institutions. The student athletes should be allowed to transfer without punishment like every other student.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Would be pretty crazy if teams like Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, and North Carolina started getting a bunch of the best recruits.
                      Big difference between assembling a team of high school kids that are supposed to pan out vs. adding in freshman and sophomores that have already proven themselves at a different school. Sorry, guess I needed to spell that out for you.😀

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                        I am not so sure this is bad for us. If the student athlete is successful and likes the coaches, crowds, school spirt, etc. then I see no reason for them to leave. If we continue improving our program and have success in getting into the NCAA tourney, I can see this as being a destination place for some athletes. Usually the athletes that leave here are not the stars of the program. They leave because they are not happy with playing time and those that are not happy with playing time are probably fringe players anyway. Them leaving gives us a chance to bring in a better player that wants to play in the NCAA's and have long home winning streaks. Since we went D-1, I can not think of any All Conference type player leaving the BB program.
                        Steve Holdren was the last impact player I can remember leaving. But that was back when our MBB program was a dumpster fire so I'm not going to put much stock into that. He left after the 2005-2006 season. He was from Champaign, IL and had a chance to go back and play for U. of Illinois in his hometown.

Comment

Steve Holdren was the last impact player I can remember leaving. But that was back when our MBB program was a dumpster fire so I'm not going to put much stock into that. He left after the 2005-2006 season. He was from Champaign, IL and had a chance to go back and play for U. of Illinois in his hometown.
                          And he also got hurt midway through this freshman season. Who knows what happens if he stayed healthy. I'm also not terribly worried about kids leaving our program. We've got a lot of good things to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            And he also got hurt midway through this freshman season. Who knows what happens if he stayed healthy. I'm also not terribly worried about kids leaving our program. We've got a lot of good things to offer.
                            I can still hear the yell he let out as he hit the floor. Twas not good.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              I can still hear the yell he let out as he hit the floor. Twas not good.
                              same with paluch at the summit tourney.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                Hardly played in Champagne, but got to sit on a Big 10 bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X