Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Default Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Okay, maybe someone can come up with a more creative nickname. Anyway, he deserves a thread dedicated just to him. In his RS Freshman year he is averaging over 13 pts per game. In Nates true freshman year, he averaged just over 10 ppg. Daum is a scorer. He needs to improve on the defensive end. Only time will tell, but if he becomes a gym rat like Nate, he might be the GOAT.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Default Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Quote Originally Posted by 2002jack View Post
    Okay, maybe someone can come up with a more creative nickname. Anyway, he deserves a thread dedicated just to him. In his RS Freshman year he is averaging over 13 pts per game. In Nates true freshman year, he averaged just over 10 ppg. Daum is a scorer. He needs to improve on the defensive end. Only time will tell, but if he becomes a gym rat like Nate, he might be the GOAT.
    He's been my new favorite player. Big games don't scare him.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

A quick stat comparison.

Daum 2015/16: 19.1 min/game, 13.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg.

Larson 2014/15: 28.5 min/game, 13.9 ppg, 7.2 rpg. First team all-conference.

Daum has a long way to go to match Larson defensively (what freshman wouldn't?), but the numbers are eye-popping.

I don't think he needs another nick name, just more respect. I thought it was interesting to learn his mother was a big star at U of Wyoming.

Mike is a special player. When watching him I see a bit of Jordan Dykstra when he was a upper classman.

Quote Originally Posted by SD SPORT FAN View Post
    Mike is a special player. When watching him I see a bit of Jordan Dykstra when he was a upper classman.
    I think that is the role he plays next year when we are no longer guard-rich. Telly moves to the 3 and Daum starts at 4.

Theisen just not playing smart basketball. He needs to figure out how to stay on the court. Too many games lately he gets two quick fouls in the first half and then sits and non-factor rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    I think that is the role he plays next year when we are no longer guard-rich. Telly moves to the 3 and Daum starts at 4.
    With Gentry and King at the 1 and 2?

Quote Originally Posted by 13jacks View Post
    With Gentry and King at the 1 and 2?
    With the players on the roster now, you would probably have to say yes. With Gentry having no game experience, I think they have to be looking at JUCO point guards or a graduate transfer who would be eligible right away. The other option would be King play the point and Dykman and Telly at the 2/3 spots.

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    With the players on the roster now, you would probably have to say yes. With Gentry having no game experience, I think they have to be looking at JUCO point guards or a graduate transfer who would be eligible right away. The other option would be King play the point and Dykman and Telly at the 2/3 spots.
    I think Flatten could start at the 2.

King/Gentry
    Flatten/Dykman
    Telly/Severyn
    Daum/Telly
    Theisen/Devine

A juco guard or grad transfer guard would be ideal.