Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Rome, or one of his staff, did their research which made for an intelligent interview.
    7 minute mark....I didn't konw South Dakota offered him as well....
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      7 minute mark....I didn't konw South Dakota offered him as well....
      No one outside of S.D. knows we have universities.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

More good publicity : http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-...015351cajcru8g

Comment

I think a Jim Rome actually mis spoke and when he said South Dakota offers you a scholarship. He meant South Dakota State.

A really great interview and Mike has such a great attitude. So selfless and team oriented. It is so refreshing in this day of transfers and me me me attitudes. I had a cousin that played with him on the AAU team and success hasn't changed Mike a bit. He do deserves all the success he has achieved. We are so fortunate to have him in a Jackrabbit uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Great story! Vintage Daum.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              Isn't he at 2,854 now? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...coring_leaders

As you referenced, ten games at 25pts per game would be 250 additional points. That would get him over 3k, but wouldn't get to the range of 2nd all time. Maybe to number six on the list. It would be great if Mike could score a few more than 25 per game coming down the stretch and pass Doug McDermott for 5th all time. He's at 3150, so just under 300 more than Mike has scored now.

Equally as interesting, Chris Clemons is currently ahead of Mike on the all time scoring list and finishing up at Campbell University this year. It's crazy to think that two of the all-time top ten leading scorers in NCAA history are finishing their senior seasons and climbing the chart at the same time. It will be interesting to see who finishes higher, Clemons or Daum.
              Over the last 6 games he has averaged 30.83. If he can continue that pace, he will pass Dougie McBuckets and get into the top 5. Clemons' place on the list will depend on how far they get in their conference tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                I think a Jim Rome actually mis spoke and when he said South Dakota offers you a scholarship. He meant South Dakota State.

A really great interview and Mike has such a great attitude. So selfless and team oriented. It is so refreshing in this day of transfers and me me me attitudes. I had a cousin that played with him on the AAU team and success hasn't changed Mike a bit. He do deserves all the success he has achieved. We are so fortunate to have him in a Jackrabbit uniform.
                Oh I know what he meant. Does he frack up Florida and Florida State too? Ohio and Ohio State? Michigan and Michigan State? Unlikely.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Over the last 6 games he has averaged 30.83. If he can continue that pace, he will pass Dougie McBuckets and get into the top 5. Clemons' place on the list will depend on how far they get in their conference tournament.
                  Well, he went for 29 tonight. Good start to a 10 game run for 5th place all time.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                    Clemons has a 25ish point lead with 1 extra game to play in the regular season. He is also averaging more than Mike this season. I think Daums only chance is a longer postseason run.
                    Clemons scored 48 tonight and moved into 9th all time. It’s going to be difficult for Mike to catch and surpass him as their seasons come to an end this year.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                      Clemons scored 48 tonight and moved into 9th all time. It’s going to be difficult for Mike to catch and surpass him as their seasons come to an end this year.
                      Only hope is that Clemons is on a lackluster team that may only get one game in the conference tourney. Daum will likely get at least four postseason game between the conference tourney and whatever tourney we end up in after that.

Comment

Shots fired by Matt Zimmer on Daum in Fargo Forum. I honestly have no idea if Daum is good at Defense or not, but shocked Zimmer would say something like this.

That, Zimmer said, is probably what opposing teams have tried to do the most: take it to him and make Daum play defense.
                        “He’s just not very good at it,” Zimmer said. “Even if he was, he’s so important to them offensively that he will try to avoid contact because he doesn’t want foul trouble. That can be effective. Teams can get him in foul trouble or have success scoring on him because he doesn’t want to be terribly aggressive on defense.”

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                          Shots fired by Matt Zimmer on Daum in Fargo Forum. I honestly have no idea if Daum is good at Defense or not, but shocked Zimmer would say something like this.

[FONT="]That, Zimmer said, is probably what opposing teams have tried to do the most: take it to him and make Daum play defense.[/FONT]
                          “He’s just not very good at it,” Zimmer said. “Even if he was, he’s so important to them offensively that he will try to avoid contact because he doesn’t want foul trouble. That can be effective. Teams can get him in foul trouble or have success scoring on him because he doesn’t want to be terribly aggressive on defense.”
                          Nah, its nothing new. Zimmer is pretty objective regarding the Jacks and he's right, Mike isn't great at defense.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post

That, Zimmer said, is probably what opposing teams have tried to do the most: take it to him and make Daum play defense.
                            Meh. I think Mike would tell you the same thing.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Jay Williams had some good things to say about Mike today, between games. He says Mike will be a successful NBA player. Count on it.

Comment

Kind of awesome to think Daum likely gets 3k at Frost...against USeD makes it even better.

Comment

Working...
                                X