Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Any chance these posts could get segmented off into their own thread?
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Good interview with Jim Rome https://www.jimrome.com/articles/mike-daum

Comment

Daum did a really good job when being interviewed on Jim Rome's national radio show. He gave a lot of credit to his mother for honing his basketball skills as a boy, and he spoke highly of his team mates, coaches and SDSU. He is a great representative of the Jackrabbits and SDSU.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Daum did a really good job when being interviewed on Jim Rome's national radio show. He gave a lot of credit to his mother for honing his basketball skills as a boy, and he spoke highly of his team mates, coaches and SDSU. He is a great representative of the Jackrabbits and SDSU.
          Rome, or one of his staff, did their research which made for an intelligent interview.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Daum's personality alone is enough to take him far. He does an excellent job with interviews and is clearly well-liked. I have no idea if he is interested but could easily see him doing television work one day.

Only four more chances to see him play at Frost. Get there!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Only four more chances to see him play at Frost. Get there!
              I just realized that I don't think I've ever been at Frost to watch him play. Seen on TV. Been at Omaha and Sioux Falls but never in Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                I just realized that I don't think I've ever been at Frost to watch him play. Seen on TV. Been at Omaha and Sioux Falls but never in Brookings.
                Shame on you.

Comment

Guess we know what your doing this weekend now. Road trip.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I watched Mark Tezlaff once, Joe Ashley 0 times Walker 0 times, Winzenburg, 0 times; And so forth, I feel your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Guess we know what your doing this weekend now. Road trip.
                      Since I was going to be in Brookings the weekend of February 22nd, I got tickets to the USD game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Good interview with Jim Rome https://www.jimrome.com/articles/mike-daum
                        Nice interview

6 regular season games, 3 conference tournament games, 1 post season game @ 25 points per would give him 3,250 points good for 2nd all-time in the NCAA

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                          Nice interview

6 regular season games, 3 conference tournament games, 1 post season game @ 25 points per would give him 3,250 points good for 2nd all-time in the NCAA
                          Isn't he at 2,854 now? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...coring_leaders

As you referenced, ten games at 25pts per game would be 250 additional points. That would get him over 3k, but wouldn't get to the range of 2nd all time. Maybe to number six on the list. It would be great if Mike could score a few more than 25 per game coming down the stretch and pass Doug McDermott for 5th all time. He's at 3150, so just under 300 more than Mike has scored now.

Equally as interesting, Chris Clemons is currently ahead of Mike on the all time scoring list and finishing up at Campbell University this year. It's crazy to think that two of the all-time top ten leading scorers in NCAA history are finishing their senior seasons and climbing the chart at the same time. It will be interesting to see who finishes higher, Clemons or Daum.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

As you referenced, ten games at 25pts per game would be 250 additional points. That would get him over 3k, but wouldn't get to the range of 2nd all time. Maybe to number six on the list. It would be great if Mike could score a few more than 25 per game coming down the stretch and pass Doug McDermott for 5th all time. He's at 3150, so just under 300 more than Mike has scored now.

Equally as interesting, Chris Clemons is currently ahead of Mike on the all time scoring list and finishing up at Campbell University this year. It's crazy to think that two of the all-time top ten leading scorers in NCAA history are finishing their senior seasons and climbing the chart at the same time. It will be interesting to see who finishes higher, Clemons or Daum.
                            Yes. He’s at 2854.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

Clemons has a 25ish point lead with 1 extra game to play in the regular season. He is also averaging more than Mike this season. I think Daums only chance is a longer postseason run.

I think back to different interviews I've heard over the years, that was about as well spoken as you could hope for a college athlete. Kudos to Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                                I think back to different interviews I've heard over the years, that was about as well spoken as you could hope for a college athlete. Kudos to Mike.
                                I think that this is what sets him apart from Nate. Daum has more of a gregarious personality. When Nate was off the floor he was pretty reserved.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X