• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

https://amp.argusleader.com/amp/4304...mpression=true

Comment

Nebraska, why? Wisconson, why? Now we have Creighton fans starting rumors. Pretty sure Mike will be at SDSU next year.
      Jenkins, Key, Flatten, Kingz fnd if the rumors about the quality of the rs Freshman are true we could be a top 25 team. He is the man here and could hit 3k in points. He could not find a better situation to showcase his talents.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        Just curious -- why UW? The Krabbenhoft connection?
        I don't see how going to a program that plays a style that is about the direct opposite of the NBA is going to make Mike any more NBA ready. That grind it out offense that tries to limit possessions doesn't seem to be a good fit for his game. The level of competition would be some better, but our improved non-conference schedule along with the summer camps he goes to gives him the chance to face top players.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I have been watching the various mock drafts that have come out over the last couple of weeks and I have not seen one that has Mike in the first round, much less the lottery. There are a large number of high potential freshmen and sophs that are expected to declare, probably more than usual because of the fallout of the pending scandal with many of the P5 powers. Add in the foreign players and it will be hard to crack the first round. And Nate's struggle to make it in the NBA as a second round pick has shown that if you're not a first rounder, stay in school.
          If you don't have a top 22ish guarantee from a team, it doesn't make sense to declare (unless you have problems at school). It is hard to classify his stock right now (without knowing who all declares and international peeps).... We will see

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            He has good of a chance as any to do it with SDSU next year.

Rumor is the nebraksa message boards are expecting Miles to go after Daum hard and why Daum should go there.
            Unless Miles is handing out $100K in cash to recruits, I don't see that as a fit, they were a NIT 5 seed this year..... Though he is from Nebraska, his parents are Wyoming grads, if Wyoming was better, I could see that as a possibility, but they aren't looking to make the tournament either. Even a Wisconsin, unless there is some other connection doesn't really make sense. They weren't good this year, they had a 114 RPI........ If it was a Michigan State, North Carolina, Duke, type of rumor I might understand it, but some of these just seem like pure speculation...... Add in Daum's quotes and I don't see him leaving, especially for a Nebraska or a Wisconsin

Comment

Well I think he is staying here. He has never said that he wanted to leave. He keeps saying he is coming back.

The other thing is his mom is the leading scorer and rebounder at Wyoming. I am sure she mentions that to him periodically. He would like nothing better than to say he is the leading scorer and rebounder at SDSU.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                Well I think he is staying here. He has never said that he wanted to leave. He keeps saying he is coming back.

The other thing is his mom is the leading scorer and rebounder at Wyoming. I am sure she mentions that to him periodically. He would like nothing better than to say he is the leading scorer and rebounder at SDSU.
                Not only that Mom comes in to Brookings a day a head of the game and supervises his shoot around. I think Mike should listen also to his NFL dad who said that NFL and NBA are a business and its never personal decisions made by these people. Its all business.

We are darn lucky to have Mike Daum, as I said this before, Kimball Nebraska is much closer to Laramie Wyoming, than it is to Brookings, South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post

I think if he was unhappy here he would of left, He seems happy here, so I think he stays, hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    I think if he was unhappy here he would of left, He seems happy here, so I think he stays, hopefully.
                    I think you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                      Just curious -- why UW? The Krabbenhoft connection?
                      Yes. I've heard rumors that he would go there because of Krabbenhoft. There have been some great points made by folks on here for him to stay. I really hope people like tbjack are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                        Nebraska, why? Wisconson, why? Now we have Creighton fans starting rumors. Pretty sure Mike will be at SDSU next year.
                        Jenkins, Key, Flatten, Kingz fnd if the rumors about the quality of the rs Freshman are true we could be a top 25 team. He is the man here and could hit 3k in points. He could not find a better situation to showcase his talents.
                        Not sure I agree. Everyone who needs to know ... knows that Mike is a wonderful offensive player and has NBA-esque talent in that regard. Can he defend? Can he rebound? Does he have the athleticism to compete against NBA type talent? He's the best player on the Jacks and the in the Summit but he's likely not going to be able to answer those three questions playing another year in the Summit.

Go to Nebraska or Creighton or Wisconsin and you will likely to be able to answer those 3 questions, at least more clearly than playing another year in the Summit. Nevertheless he's still more likely to make the NCAA playing at SDSU than he is at either of those three places. He's likely to leave SDSU as its all-time leader in every category and be its GOAT playing another year in Brookings. He has a chance to play on a team that gets its first NCAA victory ever. Staying at SDSU means he's "the man" whereas he's just another guy at the next level.

If I was TJ I would try my hardest to get Mike on one of these USA teams (under-21 for example) that compete over the summer internationally. Get him some opportunities for exposure and development to help satisfy some of the concerns that are being raised externally.

Comment

Either NBA or SDSU is my guess. Don't see the grad transfer.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

There are a lot of moving parts to this.

Does otz leave? That could change mikes view if he was deciding to stay.

But honestly if his dream is to make the NBA and he's not projected first round in order to leave he needs to do whatever he can to be projected first round and get guarantee money. I honestly think the only way his draft stock goes up here is if somehow we make a tournament run next year. Otherwise like wbcs said there are still questions.

For simply a business decision to get guaranteed money grad transferring is the easiest decision for him if it's not going pro. I'd go somewhere with a pass first PG, a school that's on national TV 75% of the year, and obviously a team that will almost certainly make the tournament as a top 7 seed. If mike has even average numbers in a big conference he answers a lot of question marks. If he averages a little less than he did here he's a top 20 draft pick. There is just so more upside when it comes to him in the NBA grad transferring.

with that being said he could absolutely change the record books as a jack. But I'm just not sure that helps propel his draft stock.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                              There are a lot of moving parts to this.

Does otz leave? That could change mikes view if he was deciding to stay.
                              I don't think that happens ... at least not this year. TJ is having a new baby, loves Brookings and frankly probably needs to win an NCAA game or two before he becomes a hot commodity again. Perception is that he's winning but still with some of Nagy's guys (especially one particular individual). Win the Summit and make the NCAA next year for the 3rd consecutive year then you might get some discussion!

Comment

I am not sure how it all works, but I have a couple questions that have been nagging me.

To grad transfer do you have to have your bachelor's degree in hand and join a graduate program at the next school you go to?

If you do does anyone know where Mike is in his pursuit of a bachelor's degree? What I am asking is is he even eligible to grad transfer?

Comment

Working...
                                X