X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 more coaches gone!

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
    Got Neg rep from my post. Wow.
    I feel your pain. Got get rep for my latest comment as well.

Maybe a better way to start this whole thread would have been "Hey, heard we are losing two more coaches. More to come, but there's some shake up." And the thread starter could then expound on who he thinks SHOULD be leaving instead of just teasing it.

Breaking news to me would be a Coordinator or Stig leaving. The other coaching thread discussed salaries these assistants make. Why on earth would it surprise anyone that someone is leaving when they make as little as they do. Heck, I pulled the "My pay isn't enough for the amount of work I do" when I was at SDSU. It's just a sad fact of life. I'm not the solution, but also recognize it is a problem.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      So he was right and you still sling crap at him? You guys are interesting...
      He was right, but the way he put it was the sky is falling. Yes they are 2 good young coaches, but this is what happens at all levels. People move up and people move on. Here is the list of what the some of coaches are doing when I played: Trent Baalke - GM of the 49ers, Greg Etter - Head Coach Concordia (WI), Carl Larson - Pastor of a church in Milbank, Gerry Gdowski - TE coach for Vanderbilt, Mike Daly - Director of Public Affairs at Sanford, Jay Schoenebeck - former head coach of Gustavus, and Stig. Next man up.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
        He was right, but the way he put it was the sky is falling. Yes they are 2 good young coaches, but this is what happens at all levels. People move up and people move on. Here is the list of what the some of coaches are doing when I played: Trent Baalke - GM of the 49ers, Greg Etter - Head Coach Concordia (WI), Carl Larson - Pastor of a church in Milbank, Gerry Gdowski - TE coach for Vanderbilt, Mike Daly - Director of Public Affairs at Sanford, Jay Schoenebeck - former head coach of Gustavus, and Stig. Next man up.
        I went back and reread what he wrote. I have to say it is a tough one...he definitely made it look like a bad situation...and maybe it is with it being the time to finish off recruiting. I don't know. I just saw a group of people with pitchforks and clubs when his news didn't look like it would materialize. Then when it did, rather than put the weapons down they still attacked. Can't say it would be any different on Bisonville...seems people are losing manners all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
          A great bunch of guys who were the first fulltime football staff. Wayne Haensel had maybe 4 full time guys and he had Brad Erickson, Swimming Coach and Mark Eckland, Baseball coach double as football assistants, which explains a real average record for Wayne, who knew the game of football. When Fred Oien became AD he made a coaching change and I would not be surprised to hear that Daly demanded a full time staff. At any rate I once asked Fred, "How are you going to pay all these guys?" He said those jobs were entry level jobs and he did not expect them to hang around for a career, and its still that way today maybe to a lesser degree. I think this job has been a real stepping stone for Josh Davis.

Comment

I went back and reread what he wrote. I have to say it is a tough one...he definitely made it look like a bad situation...and maybe it is with it being the time to finish off recruiting. I don't know. I just saw a group of people with pitchforks and clubs when his news didn't look like it would materialize. Then when it did, rather than put the weapons down they still attacked. Can't say it would be any different on Bisonville...seems people are losing manners all over the place.
            I find Bisonville to be the Garden of Eden after Adam bit into the apple.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
              What is happening? The wrong coaches heading out of Brookings especially during critical recruiting time. These will be tough young men to replace.
              Reading some of the comments I can understand the outrage of giving a little information and then letting everyone's imagineation run wild, but I do think there are some comments that are clearly a little overboard.

Bulldog thanks for the info and keep it coming, exspecially from your neck of the woods. I also agree losing two young assistants a few weeks from signing day could change things or make a difference on the kids that haven't made a decision yet.

I do do like the comments of change can be good. My personal opinion is the loss if Flynn to law school isn't too significant, I think the o line play lacked last yr and kinda lost there nastyness of we are going dominate this line and push you back 3 yards witch opened up huge holes. The NDSU and UNI games the better players where there D lines and that is something we need to win to move the ball.

Losing Davis in my opinion is going to make a difference and be the hardest to replace. He has had his hands on a lot off great WR even the ones that didn't have supior size and speed he turned into great route runners.

I trust that stig and Eric won't have to much trouble finding replacements since our program is on the rise.
              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I find Bisonville to be the Garden of Eden after Adam bit into the apple.
                That's good stuff right there.

Comment

IMO the attacks came from people's opinions of Bulldog, not necessarily specific to the post. The post obviously annoyed people, but if it was another person, might not have brought such vitriol. Admittedly he has struck a few nerves with me in the past too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                    Reading some of the comments I can understand the outrage of giving a little information and then letting everyone's imagineation run wild, but I do think there are some comments that are clearly a little overboard.

Bulldog thanks for the info and keep it coming, exspecially from your neck of the woods. I also agree losing two young assistants a few weeks from signing day could change things or make a difference on the kids that haven't made a decision yet.

I do do like the comments of change can be good. My personal opinion is the loss if Flynn to law school isn't too significant, I think the o line play lacked last yr and kinda lost there nastyness of we are going dominate this line and push you back 3 yards witch opened up huge holes. The NDSU and UNI games the better players where there D lines and that is something we need to win to move the ball.

Losing Davis in my opinion is going to make a difference and be the hardest to replace. He has had his hands on a lot off great WR even the ones that didn't have supior size and speed he turned into great route runners.

I trust that stig and Eric won't have to much trouble finding replacements since our program is on the rise.
                    I have heard fifty or more applications for some of the openings, and I don't think it going to be different this time around. Only a moron would not ask about opening salary, so these guys know they are headed for a lean budget to live on. Most of them have a goal in mind and this coaching job is a stepping stone, and that about all they can expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I have heard fifty or more applications for some of the openings, and I don't think it going to be different this time around. Only a moron would not ask about opening salary, so these guys know they are headed for a lean budget to live on. Most of them have a goal in mind and this coaching job is a stepping stone, and that about all they can expect.
                      Do you know if the salary is comparable to similar positions at peer/same conference institutions?

Comment

That's good stuff right there.
                        Hell there are many, many, good people in Fargo, including TAB, and the surrounding area, they just don't hide behind a phony handle and insult people. Another one who shares good information is Sam's Rams, he has not be here for a while, but maybe on signing day he will show up.

Comment

I believe that in BULLDOG's case, it was a cumulative kind of thing that was pushed over the edge by this latest series of posts about the coaching staff situation. If you go back and read his prior posts, it seems he usually comes here to complain that the Jacks had missed or passed over NW Iowa players that he thought should be in Brookings. It's valuable to get local input, but especially in recruiting, hindsight is always 20/20. It's OK to think that we missed on a player but to go back over and over and over it again is what started to wear thin with many people.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            I believe that in BULLDOG's case, it was a cumulative kind of thing that was pushed over the edge by this latest series of posts about the coaching staff situation. If you go back and read his prior posts, it seems he usually comes here to complain that the Jacks had missed or passed over NW Iowa players that he thought should be in Brookings. It's valuable to get local input, but especially in recruiting, hindsight is always 20/20. It's OK to think that we missed on a player but to go back over and over and over it again is what started to wear thin with many people.
                            Thanks for the explanation. I am not up enough on posters here know these things...just getting tired of the lack of decency on messageboards. I understand smack talk, giving grief, etc...but it just seems that the trend has been mean-spirited attacks (not singling out here...messageboards in general). Bisonville is as bad as any now...

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. I am not up enough on posters here know these things...just getting tired of the lack of decency on messageboards. I understand smack talk, giving grief, etc...but it just seems that the trend has been mean-spirited attacks (not singling out here...messageboards in general). Bisonville is as bad as any now...
                              Nobody cares what you think,asshat.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                I think you nailed it on the head. I personally grew wary over the repeated post about the NW Iowa kids. Not one program ever bats .1000 on recruits. Not one. So complaining that we should have recruited this kid or that kid is really really dumb. For all we know the coaches had recruits graded higher that already had committed so that position was full. But posting over and over and over about it....what's the point?

For me at least it's not the information that Bulldog is posting as much as the delivery. Likes to just put his toe in the water instead of jumping in. This thread is a perfect example. The first post can easily be construed as a sky is falling type post and later he admits to having an axe to grind but yet won't talk about it. Screams of a troll.
                                Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 01-19-2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X