Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 more coaches gone!

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    But again, no names, just rumors and bull****. I'm sure you know who is leaving. You have opinions on who should leave instead. You have posted neither of those things, so again I ask: what is the point of this thread? Riling people up or for you to feel important?
    OK, I'm the first to post something about a coach or player (rumor) without citing a source or who is involved. OK then. I maybe have an axe to grind w/ one of our current coaches, but I'm not on here to take shots at him. Like some of you, I'm tired of taking a back seat to the Bison. We no longer can use facilities as an excuse. It's time for our coaches to recruit and more importantly develop better players. I just don't agree with the plan to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
      OK, I'm the first to post something about a coach or player (rumor) without citing a source or who is involved. OK then.
      Awesome. Nowhere did I make the claim that you were.

I maybe have an axe to grind w/ one of our current coaches, but I'm not on here to take shots at him. Like some of you, I'm tired of taking a back seat to the Bison. We no longer can use facilities as an excuse. It's time for our coaches to recruit and more importantly develop better players. I just don't agree with the plan to get there.
      Thanks for your actual reason. This thread is still useless without names.

Have a good rest of your Sunday.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Im with obsessed this thread is meaningless without names. Ive been fairly vocal about where our program is and dont disagree that changes are needed but this thread accomplishes nothing but getting people riled up.

Comment

In a shocking turn of events, everyone in the thread except for Nidaros and myself are ready to run off a poster with "inside" information.

If Bulldog is proven wrong, yes he should be banned for pure rumor mongering. If he's right, the rest of you, in the words of RO, should "GTFO".

Comment

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...FDCQYQ9QEIIDAA

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              In a shocking turn of events, everyone in the thread except for Nidaros and myself are ready to run off a poster with "inside" information.

If Bulldog is proven wrong, yes he should be banned for pure rumor mongering. If he's right, the rest of you, in the words of RO, should "GTFO".
              I never said he should be banned. In fact, I'm sure he'll be proven correct eventually. I just said this thread is worthless without names, and I stated my two reasons why I thought the thread existed. I stand by everything I said.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I never said he should be banned. In fact, I'm sure he'll be proven correct eventually. I just said this thread is worthless without names, and I stated my two reasons why I thought the thread existed. I stand by everything I said.
                I agree with all you've said. Since he won't name names for some odd reason, I'll share what I know. Coach Flynn is apparently leaving to attend law school in Texas somewhere. Christiansen was indeed fired, according to my source. If there is some 3rd coach leaving, I've yet to hear about it. Sounds like Hassel is gone. 6 newcomers at semester break, including Juco and transfers. That's everything I've been privy to as of today.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  I agree with all you've said. Since he won't name names for some odd reason, I'll share what I know. Coach Flynn is apparently leaving to attend law school in Texas somewhere. Christiansen was indeed fired, according to my source. If there is some 3rd coach leaving, I've yet to hear about it. Sounds like Hassel is gone. 6 newcomers at semester break, including Juco and transfers. That's everything I've been privy to as of today.
                  Thanks for at least acknowledging what you know.

Or 3) I think their is a coach or two that needs to go, but not the ones that we are losing.
                  So much mystery around your posts. Maybe man up and name names of who you think needs to go. Hiding behind the anonymity of an internet chat board so you can't ruffle too many feathers since no one knows who you are. Check my post history. Few years back I nutted up and called out the HC as needing to go...and plenty of people on this board know who I am.
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

What's the prob WestSideRabbit? You don't like information about recruiting and coaching changes??
                    No, I appreciate the information when you actually back it up and the reviews you offer on players in your area. However, it's hard to believe you are actually a Jackrabbit with how negative you constantly are because SDSU didn't pursue a few of your players. It seems like you take joy when the Jacks struggle. It's just odd to me. I don't want you banned, I more so want TAB to be reinstated because he actually provided some levity to this board.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      No, I appreciate the information when you actually back it up and the reviews you offer on players in your area. However, it's hard to believe you are actually a Jackrabbit with how negative you constantly are because SDSU didn't pursue a few of your players. It seems like you take joy when the Jacks struggle. It's just odd to me. I don't want you banned, I more so want TAB to be reinstated because he actually provided some levity to this board.

Thread Drift: TAB was banned?
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Since coach Jackson tweeted this weekend about visitors, it should be safe to assume that he is still on staff. All of the coaching staff have strengths, but what he brings on the recruiting scene would be tough to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          Thread Drift: TAB was banned?
                          Moody board owner. I'm in an obscure 12-step program for web site operators now.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think it might be a decent idea to expand the source rule to include coaches as well as players.

If you don't feel like naming the sources and the names of the coaches, why even come and post here? What's the benefit to doing it now without names instead of waiting until Monday like you said?

I'll take a stab at answering my own question.

You either 1) want to feel important about knowing something we don't, so you post it now so you can come back and say, "See!"

or

2) You're doing it to rile up people on the board.

Both are pretty **** reasons, and I fail to see the benefit this board receives from either. Either post the names, or GTFO.
                            I think your on the right track. I've known about these departures for awhile. ZERO advantage to posting anything on this forum. It's really not our business to discuss it here. I didn't use to feel this way but the closer I am to the program the more I think we need to be fans and the less we need to be critics. Wow, never thought I'd say that out loud.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              TAB was reinstated...the ban only lasted a week or two...I just haven't had anything of substance to offer (I know, didn't stop me before) so I haven't said much. If we had played in the playoffs I would have had to stop by and post the week before...and I just don't know enough about basketball to get into it here...

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                                TAB was reinstated...the ban only lasted a week or two...I just haven't had anything of substance to offer (I know, didn't stop me before) so I haven't said much. If we had played in the playoffs I would have had to stop by and post the week before...and I just don't know enough about basketball to get into it here...
                                Well that's good news. Soooo... Don't ban Bulldog!

That's too bad on the coaches but at this level they come and go. It's been a few years since we had some transition, but this does happen. Need to move forward!
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X