New DB Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New DB Coach

Hardly ever hear about stuff like this happening at programs like SDSU. The leash is usually always longest at schools like this.

Comment

Wow, what a joke. I understand keeping boosters happy, but every time a booster doesn't like a coach he is going to be axed? Not the way I want this football team to be ran. I also thought the DBs were decent last season. Makes me disappointed to be a Jacks FB fan if this rumor is true.

Comment

Sorry, don't believe it!

Comment

Some where in Dykhouse football office is a personnel file documenting Coach Christensen. His departure and the reasons for leaving I am willing to bet are documented. The board does not need to know all this stuff. We expect a great deal out of our assistants and they are certainly not paid accordingly. I don't think Daktronics, First Bank and Trust or any other booster have that much power to get anyone fired. By law you have to have reasons and those reasons need to be documented in a personnel file. I believe the State of South Dakota works along those rules.

Comment

I can tell you 100% that Coach Cristensen was/is a great guy, coach, and recruiter. He wanted to sign both Van Ginkel and Snyder, but some OTHER coach thought they couldn't play at the SDSU level. Jay worked NW Iowa hard and was over ruled on many recruits besides Van Ginkel and Snyder. He would stop in and visit with area coaches getting their input of the best in NW Iowa. He was then reassigned areas in 2014-15 season. This is a huge loss for SDSU. The kids loved playing for him. It's too bad, but Jay will land somewhere and will thrive.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Sorry, don't believe it!
              Agree. Let's not let the train get too far down the tracks on this rumor without any specific confirmation. I'm not saying it's not true, but how do we really know for sure?!? Especially since it was brought to the board by a relative unknown with 6 posts (5 of them directly related to Coach Christensen and this topic). If true, it's terrible. I just don't see it likely that Stig or Justin Sell would allow this type of thing to happen. Maybe my head is in the sand, too.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by dubulous View Post
                Just an update, I was told by a close family member of Coach Christensen that he was fired because a big booster was unhappy with the play of the dbs play and told administration that if they didn't get rid of that coach then he wasn't going to continue to donate his money. Coach Stiegelmeier wasn't in favor of this and was in tears when he had to break the news to Coach Christensen. Coaching is a crazy business anymore. Sad
                If true, this is VERY disappointing. That donor should feel ashamed of themselves.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I don't believe it either. Sounds like beer talk. With or without the beer.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                    Agree. Let's not let the train get too far down the tracks on this rumor without any specific confirmation. I'm not saying it's not true, but how do we really know for sure?!? Especially since it was brought to the board by a relative unknown with 6 posts (5 of them directly related to Coach Christensen and this topic). If true, it's terrible. I just don't see it likely that Stig or Justin Sell would allow this type of thing to happen. Maybe my head is in the sand, too.
                    I think Bulldog shined the light on what happened, a difference in opinion among coaches on the staff. These problems do not develop overnight. Christensen had been at SDSU for five years. You can not let differences ruin a good team, someone has to go. The entire staff has to be on the same page.

Comment

Tough loss, it likely wasn't a case of firing it was not renewing his contract. They are all on 1 year contracts, so it is easy to not renew and move on. We all know the biggest of donors in the program, if they didn't like something, they have a direct line to Sell.

Comment

My information came directly from his dad so take that for what its worth. It is what college football has come too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I think Bulldog shined the light on what happened, a difference in opinion among coaches on the staff. These problems do not develop overnight. Christensen had been at SDSU for five years. You can not let differences ruin a good team, someone has to go. The entire staff has to be on the same page.
                          The coaches get along great from what I have heard. Christensen had just bought a new house recently. I'll still pull for sds but this def. stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by dubulous View Post
                            My information came directly from his dad so take that for what its worth. It is what college football has come too.
                            You really have an objective source here. His son can do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              You really have an objective source here. His son can do no wrong.
                              They have never said anything bad about the program. In fact his parents traveled to just about every game home and away to cheer on SDS from Central Nebraska. He just said what Jay was told. Maybe Jay and his dad are making it up. But I would be shocked.

Comment

Enraged I am to hear this.

Comment

Working...
                                X