Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New DB Coach

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    You have come to the wrong place seeking an answer to "why". This board is not about rumor and discussing personnel matters. BTW, not qualified to be a moderator so take what I say for face value. Even if you asked Stig directly, I doubt he would be at liberty to discuss the matter.
    I believe that rule is for players only. That being said unless someone close to the situation says something off the record we will never know the real reason for Jay being let-go.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      I believe that rule is for players only. That being said unless someone close to the situation says something off the record we will never know the real reason for Jay being let-go.
      We are talking about a persons reputation here. Does not matter if it is a SA, or anyone else. The best way to open yourself to a law suit is to start talking publicly about a firing. Once that happens filberts rule mean little. I know nothing about this dismissal and will not comment further.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        We are talking about a persons reputation here. Does not matter if it is a SA, or anyone else. The best way to open yourself to a law suit is to start talking publicly about a firing. Once that happens filberts rule mean little.
        http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...381-Guidelines

Post #3.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Our special teams have been a train wreck that last couple years. Every time we kickoff I feel like it's going for 6. That's just more perception than reality but man it'd sure be nice to not pop-up kick every time.
          Not trying to be argumentative, but my perception is different.

I would guess we have recovered at least half a dozen of those pop-ups in the last 2 years - in effect creating a turnover. I don't remember any being returned for big gains (I could be way off on that though). To me, its a low risk high reward strategy.

With that being said, there is definitely room for improvement on special teams.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            Not trying to be argumentative, but my perception is different.

I would guess we have recovered at least half a dozen of those pop-ups in the last 2 years - in effect creating a turnover. I don't remember any being returned for big gains (I could be way off on that though). To me, its a low risk high reward strategy.

With that being said, there is definitely room for improvement on special teams.
            I agree the pop up strategy has paid off several times, although I'll point out that it at times goes out of bounds. Resulting in great field position for the opposition. Now this year we had a D that could handle that, not so much in 2014. As long as we continue to have a stout aggressive D I'm for it. It will probably be a moot point though with Vinatieri taking over with the exception of the occasional surprise to keep the other team on their toes.

Comment

I would say that special teams improved compared to last year, fair catching inside the 10 when it would be a touchback etc. Moving Jeryan back to receive punts definitely created a threat for a big gain, though he seemed to make you real nervous at times. I know he made me get up from my seat.

How long ago was Shannon Moore the special teams coach?
              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                I would say that special teams improved compared to last year, fair catching inside the 10 when it would be a touchback etc. Moving Jeryan back to receive punts definitely created a threat for a big gain, though he seemed to make you real nervous at times. I know he made me get up from my seat.

How long ago was Shannon Moore the special teams coach?
                Speaking of Shannon Moore, he has moved on from Florida International to East Carolina a few days ago.

Comment

We must be hungry for football news. We're sure making a lot out of the departure of one assistant coach. Assistants come and go on a fairly regular basis. Maybe a sports reporter should ask Mr. Christensen why he left. There's nothing preventing Christensen from talking. It doesn't hurt to ask Coach Stig either. If Stig can't talk about it, he won't. Regardless, it may be good to get fresh perspective on the staff.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    We must be hungry for football news. We're sure making a lot out of the departure of one assistant coach. Assistants come and go on a fairly regular basis. Maybe a sports reporter should ask Mr. Christensen why he left. There's nothing preventing Christensen from talking. It doesn't hurt to ask Coach Stig either. If Stig can't talk about it, he won't. Regardless, it may be good to get fresh perspective on the staff.
                    I was looking for a rumor or to try to cause an issue. I just figured someone here or there was press on it as I'm from Nebraska where Football is a big deal and things are talked about a lot with the press and message boards. Usually one coach isn't let go if there are struggles, usually it is a few so found it weird. I thought Jay Christensen had done a good job so wasn't sure what happen.

Comment

This guy is interested according to my sources: Eric Inama currently at USF

http://www.usfcougars.com/ViewArticl...CLID=209501169
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        This guy is interested according to my sources: Eric Inama currently at USF

http://www.usfcougars.com/ViewArticl...CLID=209501169
                        Looks like he has some potential to coach based on his experience. The big question for me is his ability to recruit. He has experience and I'm assuming connections in areas that we already have strong recruiters in. I'd be reluctant to have either Dan Jackson or Jimmy Rogers give up any of their recruiting base to Inama. Now if he could add a recruiting base that we'd like to target, that would be beneficial.

Comment

Just an update, I was told by a close family member of Coach Christensen that he was fired because a big booster was unhappy with the play of the dbs play and told administration that if they didn't get rid of that coach then he wasn't going to continue to donate his money. Coach Stiegelmeier wasn't in favor of this and was in tears when he had to break the news to Coach Christensen. Coaching is a crazy business anymore. Sad

Comment

Originally posted by dubulous View Post
                            Just an update, I was told by a close family member of Coach Christensen that he was fired because a big booster was unhappy with the play of the dbs play and told administration that if they didn't get rid of that coach then he wasn't going to continue to donate his money. Coach Stiegelmeier wasn't in favor of this and was in tears when he had to break the news to Coach Christensen. Coaching is a crazy business anymore. Sad
                            He sounds like a complete jack@$$. The dbs have been solid imo.

Comment

It happens all the time in Brookings. Tails often wag the dog.

Comment

The sad truth of going up stream is the power of the big Donor. IF this is true, I hate it, sucks for a coach and his family. If I was evaluating our teams strengths and weaknesses DB play would not have been in the top 5 of weaknesses.

Comment

Working...
                                X