Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    NDSU clips ORU 67-63. Miller did not play second half.
    Injured at the end of the 1st half. Serious blow to NDSU if he is out for a lengthy period of time.

Comment

• 2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

Landis scores 44 for IPFW. What a lackluster effort by the Coyotes. The beat writer in Yankton has already written his annual "yeah but wait until next year" article, as hope for this season is fading fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

MBB: IUPUI blows a 15 point second half lead as Denver comes back to win 53-51.

Tough loss for the Jags.

Comment

Jacks have gotten a lot of help in the last 24 hours - now they need to take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I guess I'm going to disagree. To me they just don't have the defensive talent.

Defensively? Yikes. USD ranks 261st in defensive efficiency. Lower third of D1 and last in the Summit. That's what happens when you play guys like Kasperbauer 30+ minutes a game. USD's problem isn't offensively, or playing too much streetball, or whatever. It's the fact that they don't have the talent to compete defensively with the top teams in the Summit. Maybe some of it is coaching/scheme as well. I haven't watched enough USD to really look into that aspect of it, but I do know that guys like Kasperbauer are a sieve on defense, and Summit League teams are feasting.

(All offensive and defensive stats are from KenPom.com.)
            You were saying?

Landis scores 44 as Dons beat USD men

"With the Mastodons going 20-of-36 overall from outside, you could say that USD was only occasionally having much luck with any of the other Fort Wayne players’ perimeter shooting."

Comment

Shy McClelland for USD was suspended for last night's game and will be suspended for at least one more.

Comment

What are people's thoughts on the last place team in the Summit being left out of the tourney? I'm kind of surprised. Seems it would be beneficial for the conference champion to get a bye in the tourney and have every team in the conference play, regardless of record.
                Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCountryJack View Post
                  What are people's thoughts on the last place team in the Summit being left out of the tourney? I'm kind of surprised. Seems it would be beneficial for the conference champion to get a bye in the tourney and have every team in the conference play, regardless of record.
                  If you went w/ all 9 teams, you would have a play in game (between 8th & 9th place teams).

Comment

Well at least everyone would still have a shot. Seems the bottom 3-4 teams in the Summit are all pretty even.
                    Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

The top 2 teams get a day off in between the first and second games. In a way that is like a bye I suppose.

Comment

MBB - We control our destiny, but a Bison win over Ft. Wayne tomorrow in Fargo wouldn't hurt!
                        Time for some more scoreboard watching! Go Jacks (and Bizun)!!

Comment

The first couple of years that the Jacks were eligible there were 10 teams in the league, so two teams got left out. (Fortunately, the Jacks made the cut.) Hopefully the Summit will get back up to 10 or 11 teams, so I don't think you should tinker with the eight-team tourney format. (Unfortunately, there were only seven eligible last year, so there had to be byes.) The threat of a team or two getting left out of the tournament gives meaning to the regular season. Advancing more than eight teams to the tournament would really devalue the regular season.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            The first couple of years that the Jacks were eligible there were 10 teams in the league, so two teams got left out. (Fortunately, the Jacks made the cut.) Hopefully the Summit will get back up to 10 or 11 teams, so I don't think you should tinker with the eight-team tourney format. (Unfortunately, there were only seven eligible last year, so there had to be byes.) The threat of a team or two getting left out of the tournament gives meaning to the regular season. Advancing more than eight teams to the tournament would really devalue the regular season.
                            Agreed. I like the setup now with the top seeds getting a day off. The bottom feeder(s) of the league doesn't deserve to go to the conference tournament. It gives an incentive to do well during the conference portion of the schedule.

Comment

The Denver women host usd in the only Summit League game tonight. Maybe the Pioneers can do the Jacks a favor tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                                The Denver women host usd in the only Summit League game tonight. Maybe the Pioneers can do the Jacks a favor tonight.
                                I have my doubts about the Pioneer women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                                X