Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU @ FGCU

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    There is a plan (if only in developmental stage) and the department has been working on the first steps. Justin Sell had hoped to have enough things in line to go to the Regents at the fall meeting with authority to seek legislative approval for the development work to continue. I'm pretty sure they will go to the Regents next fall (although COA is taking more of a center stage which could push the schedule back a bit). The project would include complete renovation of Frost Arena, including suites on the south side, and an addition to the building on the south side to house two practice floors, and possibly a larger area for the wrestling team. I'm sure the department is doing what it can to deal with the need for financial support to pay off the stadium bonds, COA and eventually, the next step at Frost Arena. Considering every thing, it seems to me we can get along with our current basketball facility for a few more years, while we take a collective break to catch our breath on the amazing strides SDSU has taken on the facility side. Having said that, I don't expect Sell to take much of a breath on moving the Frost project ahead.
    Thanks for the information, I had thought that some kind of a plan was in the works. We got our work cut out in terms of paying off the stadium bonds and the COA issue, so it makes you wonder where the next dollar is coming from. I just sent in a request to pay five years in advance for my club seat next year even though only $750 was required by August 1, 2016. I thinking I am doing my part and like you say we may just have to live with the current Frost Arena for a few more years which seems to be the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Thanks for the information, I had thought that some kind of a plan was in the works. We got our work cut out in terms of paying off the stadium bonds and the COA issue, so it makes you wonder where the next dollar is coming from. I just sent in a request to pay five years in advance for my club seat next year even though only $750 was required by August 1, 2016. I thinking I am doing my part and like you say we may just have to live with the current Frost Arena for a few more years which seems to be the solution.
      Call me old school but I love the atmosphere at frost! Granted I havent been there but once in the last five years. Its the fans that make that place special.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Call me old school but I love the atmosphere at frost! Granted I havent been there but once in the last five years. Its the fans that make that place special.
        Put me in the old school. I don't mind Frost. Compared to some East Coast D1 teams, Frost is still a palace. Its the pressure of everything else that is pushing this project.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          I don't think it is as good as it use to be before they changed the bleacher in maybe early 2000s. I think with those old wood bleachers that went to the floor and the hanging baskets were great. Still a solid venue. Maybe the big issues are things like consessions are lacking. Probably thr worst thing now is track level seating sightlines are a little worse behind the current seating for students and season ticket holders.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Put me in the old school. I don't mind Frost. Compared to some East Coast D1 teams, Frost is still a palace. Its the pressure of everything else that is pushing this project.
            Me too, but recent years have brought some substantial site line issues that need to be remedied. I agree though that I love a January/February game at Frost with a good crowd and the pep band playing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
            Last edited by JackrabbitGuy; 01-07-2016, 12:37 PM.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
            X