Provost Laurie Nichols named Wyoming's next President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provost Laurie Nichols named Wyoming's next President

Provost Nichols has been named the next president at the University of Wyoming. She has done a great job at SDSU during her career and I wish her well in her new endeavor.

http://trib.com/news/local/education...7fa6aee7b.html
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Re: Provost Laurie Nichols named Wyoming's next President

This is good news.

Comment

SDSU is losing a good one. I wondered if her name would make it on the short list for SDSU president search. Guess it wont be now.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm really going to miss Provost Nichols. Unfortunately, it also sounds like her husband Tim (Dean of the Honors College) will also be leaving. This really stinks but they are both very deserving. Good luck in Wyoming!

So currently SDSU has an opening for VP of Student Affairs, VP of Academic Affairs/Provost, and President. Probably the three most important positions in terms of policy creation on a college campus. There also a number of other Vice Presidents and Deans who are getting up there in age. Luckily SDSU is in great position and the new leadership will not be walking into any huge messes. An exciting but nerve racking time for faculty and staff at SDSU.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Nichols and Chicoine were a good team! It is curious that Chicoine announced just before the news of Nichols heading to Wyoming...

Comment

Originally posted by BKXD View Post
            Nichols and Chicoine were a good team! It is curious that Chicoine announced just before the news of Nichols heading to Wyoming...
            Sinking ship syndrome--just kidding!!

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
              Sinking ship syndrome--just kidding!!
              That's about as irresponsible a post as I have ever seen! Sad!

Comment

I was looking forward to Provost Nichols becoming the next President of SDSU. She an her husband are outstanding human beings. As happy as I am for them, I hate to see them go.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasbeen View Post
                  I was looking forward to Provost Nichols becoming the next President of SDSU. She an her husband are outstanding human beings. As happy as I am for them, I hate to see them go.
                  Obviously she has the ability, but I think it would be better to do a national search. No doubt the BOR has their criteria for the next candidate and I think they have the final word in hiring. There are no doubt several candidates like Provost Nichols out there. I wish Provost Nichols the best at Wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    That's about as irresponsible a post as I have ever seen! Sad!
                    Sorry if I offended anyone, but from an outsider looking in, it only concerns the schools involved. Never knew of the Provost, but attended SDSU during the time the President and his brother did. Curious to know if they would be offended or not or see the feeble attempt at humor.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Obviously she has the ability, but I think it would be better to do a national search. No doubt the BOR has their criteria for the next candidate and I think they have the final word in hiring. There are no doubt several candidates like Provost Nichols out there. I wish Provost Nichols the best at Wyoming.
                      I'm hearing Dean of Ag Barry Dunn could succeed President Chicoine.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        Interesting. He seems friendly and capable. I don't have any idea who is on the BOR anymore except Dean Krogman, but seems like their last two choices have been outsiders, Peggy Miller and Chicoine, though an alum. Interesting indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Interesting take. He'd maybe be the only person at State I could think that would have a shot as an internal candidate.

Is the jump from Dean to Prez too large? Could he be a candidate for Provost?
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Interesting. He seems friendly and capable. I don't have any idea who is on the BOR anymore except Dean Krogman, but seems like their last two choices have been outsiders, Peggy Miller and Chicoine, though an alum. Interesting indeed.
                            Dean Krogman is no longer a regent.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                              Dean Krogman is no longer a regent.
                              That's right he was replaced by Jim Morgan former huncho from Daktronics. I noticed Harvey Jewett is still around.

Comment

Working...
                              X