Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Change in Priority Points for Gifts to the Jackrabbit Club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Change in Priority Points for Gifts to the Jackrabbit Club.

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    That would be great if you could get an answer. If they can't be transferred at all, another question I would have is: can we split into 2 accounts, then combine our points when it comes to purchasing tickets? This would seem like the 2nd best option, as we would still have a decent amount of points combined, and when he passes, I wouldn't be left out to dry in terms of all the money I have put in over the years. I mean, I'm 25 and he's 51, so god willing there is a lot of time left for us to be buying season tickets together, but it doesn't seem right that say he passes at 86, I'll be 60 and sitting with no points after contributing half for 38 years.
    I would suggest that you contact Brian and talk this matter over, I am thinking there might be a way to transfer the points back to your account, but your dad could take the tax deduction on Schedule A, if the payment is in his name.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
      My brother and I both have season tickets for football. He makes donations and purchases and so do I. He is a couple of hundred positions ahead of me. In order for us to get our football seats together, he has to pass when his turn comes up and wait for my turn. Then we both select together to get our tickets together.
      We do something similar. I have a large number of points and a high priority but prefer to have my season ticket seats close to others from Yankton that have a lot fewer points. So I pass on my priority and accept seats with them. Works just fine for me. Where I reap the most benefit is with respect to special ticket sales, post-season, NDSU/USD game tickets, etc....
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        So basically you're looking at a choice: 1. Leave it all under one account to accrue more points together and reap the benefits while you can. 2. Separate the accounts so that the younger one isn't left out to dry with no points when the older one passes.
        Or just buy every other year under your account, then his. but that would lose some points for not buying multiple years under the same account.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
        X