2016 roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 roster

I noticed that Christian Banasiak was still on the gojacks roster. Any explanation ever given for his leaving? Also realized that both he and the Keely kid were burger eating champs. Perhaps we discontinue that tradition, some bad mojo there.

Re: Roster

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    I noticed that Christian Banasiak was still on the gojacks roster. Any explanation ever given for his leaving? Also realized that both he and the Keely kid were burger eating champs. Perhaps we discontinue that tradition, some bad mojo there.
    Banasiak was at the game on Saturday so I don't know if he is still enrolled in school or not? I thought I saw in a live chat with Zim, he said Banasiak returned to Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Banasiak was at the game on Saturday so I don't know if he is still enrolled in school or not? I thought I saw in a live chat with Zim, he said Banasiak returned to Florida.
      Was he in uniform not pads or just a fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        Was he in uniform not pads or just a fan?
        Just a fan in the front row of the section I was sitting in.

Comment

Just a fan in the front row of the section I was sitting in.
          That's disappointing, he was starting to show great potential.

Comment

Tweet from Banasiak a few days ago.

Christian Banasiak ‏@YZ_YoungZeus Nov 19 Brookings, SD
            Was told today that I'll be able to start practicing again next Monday. Thank you Jesus #hungry #iDGT

Christian Banasiak ‏@YZ_YoungZeus 2h2 hours ago Brookings, SD
            Practice today what a good feeling

Comment

Tweet from Banasiak a few days ago.

Christian Banasiak ‏@YZ_YoungZeus Nov 19 Brookings, SD
              Was told today that I'll be able to start practicing again next Monday. Thank you Jesus #hungry #iDGT

Christian Banasiak ‏@YZ_YoungZeus 2h2 hours ago Brookings, SD
              Practice today what a good feeling
              great to see this, need him in the rotation. I'd assume he's stayed in shape. Not sure if he'd be ready or available if we progress through the playoffs.

I gleaned the roster on gojacks the other day and maybe I missed something. Why is Zy Mosley not listed? I think I heard Smenda should be in next spring but don't recall anything on Mosley.

Comment

2016 roster

A few holes to fill but all in all many strong contributors will return.

Offense
                QB- 2 strong candidates to duke it out spring and summer.
                RB- here's your crapshoot/possible bottleneck, need 1 guy to emerge. My bet: Zenner 2.0
                FB- pretty well set here with Louscher although I could see Sellers or Daniel push him
                TE- Goedert is a bona fide stud, the others hopefully will learn and improve by his example
                WR- Weineke, but who will come in and take advantage of other teams focus on 19. Good crop of young guys coming in. Time to step up, the guy across from 19 should relish the single teams he'll see.
                Oline- Ohnesorge was solid, need bookend Tackles that swallow the DE's, hope Carr is back. There are other quality guys there to get into the rotation.

Defense
                DE- Blum, Kern and sounds like Banasiak will return, that's a good start.
                DT- what could be the strongest position group we'll have. Langer, Soulek, Gottlob and Whitsell. Tough
                LB- most return but lose arguably the best MLB we've ever had. Ironman Lally, who replaces that kid. May be crazy to think but I believe Jacob Matthew(2016 recruit) has the skill and size to do it. Crazy speed and size, plus downright violent on D. I look for Hassell and Hazelett to get more involved too.
                CB- tough to see 25 and 22 vacate there spots. They'd both give you gray hair at times but 2 solid corners. I think though we improve here next year. Both Taylor and Brown impressed and both have size and range to cover the larger WR's easier. Of course if the pass rush is there I could play CB.
                FS/SS- very deep here, the 2 Nicks plus Slade and Balster give us a great rotation.

Kicker- I expect an improvement with Vinatieri here. I like Jay, just too inconsistent.
                Punter- Hale did ok as a true FR, I'm guessing he explodes next year.
                KR- crapshoot here, Wallace? Williams? Brown(either Jordan or Jacob). Anyone's guess.
                PR- even bigger crapshoot, see KR names or add any others you see fit.

Comment

Re: 2016 roster

I forgot about Vinatieri. Is he only going to kick? He's got some serious wheels.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Good breakdown, JFL. I'd guess that redshirt Lorenzo Williams will be in the mix at DB. Also got to hope that a few incoming freshmen who haven't been signed yet turn out to be good enough to play right away too. That's usually the case. I wonder what position QB Kanin Nelson of Mitchell will play.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Nice to see this breakdown. There are a lot of good players in the pipeline.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

...will be exciting to watch the tandem of Weineke and Goedert - these guys would be studs on any FBS team.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                          I forgot about Vinatieri. Is he only going to kick? He's got some serious wheels.
                          I believe he's strictly a kicker. Be nice to have that speed on coverage. Most KR think they have it made if it's only the kicker left. My bet is Vinatieri wins more of those than he loses.

I'll agree Williams will contribute on D too. I think his impact next year may be in the return game.

Kanin is the wildcard, he's coming in at semester I believe so he'll be in spring ball. His skillset at QB is similar to TC although not as good in the passing game. Cromer is in the Sumner mold. I could see Nelson at QB, WR or even DB.

Exciting times eith with the players we have now and those coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by 1-state View Post
                            ...will be exciting to watch the tandem of Weineke and Goedert - these guys would be studs on any FBS team.
                            Truth, need 1 more guy to step up and be that 3rd go to that causes teams to make the choice. Single them all, double one, or play zone.

Comment

I think we'll have a lot less question marks going into next year than we did coming into this year. Lots of talent that is capable of stepping up, but you just don't know if they will until they are on the field.

The toughest player to replace is hands down going to be T.J. Lally. He's an all time great and you just can't immediately replace his leadership and experience with one player. Multiple players will have to step up on the defensive side of the ball to replace what he brought to the field every Saturday.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X