Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 roster

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Vinatieri will be kicking, unless a major upset happens in camp. If Carlson would have missed any time with injury they said his redshirt would have be pulled.

I'd think another 3rd or 4th string QB is the holder. Maybe Menage(switched to WR from QB) would step in.

KR, I'm sure a young RB, Wr or DB gets back there. Love to see Jacob brown try these out. Great numbers in HS doing kick and punt return.

PR, same as KR.

Hope they have a plan to replace Trenhaile at LS after next season. He has been a rock at that spot.
    Good work here Jackedforlife - thanks! This is what I was wanting in the Argus article as I haven't followed the recruiting or freshmen much.

I think Syrovatka, Finnes, & Trenhaile going 69 for 70 in 2014 are likely the best the Jacks have seen at those positions as they led the nation. Special teams are critical and the media just doesn't usually cover it like they should (IMO).

Comment

I hope we have some competition at the punting position as felt this was a real weakness all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
        Good work here Jackedforlife - thanks! This is what I was wanting in the Argus article as I haven't followed the recruiting or freshmen much.
        You were waiting for the Argus to say "Maybe it's this guy?"

And "I'm sure it'll be some young guy"

Good work indeed.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          I hope we have some competition at the punting position as felt this was a real weakness all year.
          I don't think Hale was as awful as some have made him out to be. Sure his avg could've been better but he did a fair job of getting it inside the 20. He was sure handed and I think I'm correct in saying he never had one blocked. Give him an offseason and I think he'll be a top performer.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            You were waiting for the Argus to say "Maybe it's this guy?"

And "I'm sure it'll be some young guy"

Good work indeed.
            Honestly, I would have Mengarelli back returning kicks and punts. So for me it wouldn't be some young guy. They've used upperclassman the past few seasons. I'd personally also like to see Wallace back on kicks too.

Comment

I see this morning Sam Zenner is on crutches again with a big Ole brace on his left knee. Not sure what the story is at this point.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                RB: MENGARELLI, Paris, Wallace, Sam Zenner, Clark Wieneke.
                I had no idea that Jake Wieneke's brother was on the team? Since he's redshirting, I understand that his name won't get talked about much on here and elsewhere, but at the same time you always here talk of Sam Zenner. So my question is, 2 redshirt RB's with stud older brothers... What am I missing on the younger Wieneke? Why isn't he talked about much? Was he a walk-on that joined the team because of his brother or something like that? Or was he a quality recruit out of HS with other offers and upside?

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                  I had no idea that Jake Wieneke's brother was on the team? Since he's redshirting, I understand that his name won't get talked about much on here and elsewhere, but at the same time you always here talk of Sam Zenner. So my question is, 2 redshirt RB's with stud older brothers... What am I missing on the younger Wieneke? Why isn't he talked about much? Was he a walk-on that joined the team because of his brother or something like that? Or was he a quality recruit out of HS with other offers and upside?
                  He was a walk-on.

Comment

I know this old news but what happened to Tre Carr
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                      I know this old news but what happened to Tre Carr
                      I believe he got expelled from school.

Comment

What a shame the kid some serious talent, I figured something like that happened

Comment

I think we need to get the young WR or RB some action in the return game. We all know that's how we got the introduction to ZZ

Comment

Anyone aware of how soon we'll know who left school at semester and won't return to the team? I believe we have several young contributors coming up be it RS Fr or true Fr.

Comment

Anyone aware of how soon we'll know who left school at semester and won't return to the team? I believe we have several young contributors coming up be it RS Fr or true Fr.
                              I believe classes don't start for another week. We should know more after that.

Comment

Any update ?

Comment

Working...
                                X