Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 roster

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    The only time in recent history that we were close to beating NDSU we ran a ton of wildcat...

I'm sure yours is a question the coaching staff will be working toward answering all season. IMO, what we are doing is working, it just isn't working consistently enough to push to the next level. We were within a game (overtime) of a seed this year, something we've never even sniffed before. That would make a huge difference, hopefully next year we can get that done.

For two years straight, we've had a new player that has made a splash. Weineke, TC, is there someone on the roster right now that nobody is talking about that makes an impact next year?

I think the placekicking game was weak this year too. Maybe we've been spoiled, but 15/22 isn't a great number.

I'm sure I'll get called a coaching apologist, but at some point a little bit of the onus has to be on the players too. When we were beating NDSU, it felt like our players were HUNGRY for it. I don't get that feeling anymore, and I don't think that can all be on the coaching staff. Does the disappointing end to the season light a fire to make every offseason workout the best it can be?

We're gonna need to do something about FCOA real soon, too. Offering the equivalent of partial scholarships when our 3 biggest recruiting competitors are offering full scholarships is going to hurt bad if we let it go on too long.
    Who else is along with ndsu and usd?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Who else is along with ndsu and usd?
      UND.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        I'm sure I'll get called a coaching apologist, but at some point a little bit of the onus has to be on the players too. When we were beating NDSU, it felt like our players were HUNGRY for it. I don't get that feeling anymore, and I don't think that can all be on the coaching staff. Does the disappointing end to the season light a fire to make every offseason workout the best it can be?
        I would look and feel demoralized too if it felt like NDSU was inside of our playbook because we are so predictable that they know exactly what we're going to do and when we're going to do it. I'm pretty confident that I could call defensive plays against SDSU's offense and have success in stopping them. If a fan feels that way, then there's something wrong with our offense.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          This is my question heading into next season. What will change within the program that will allow the Jacks to compete on the field with NDSU and advance past the first (or even second) round of the playoffs?
          Why would we expect change? No one with authority is demanding change. I don't expect any change in what you've asked.
          We have top level talent once again, just like we have for some time. I love that and am grateful for it. I do not expect changes along the lines you've asked. Nor should you.

Comment

I just received terrible news from a player that Thor Riemer and Shak Taylor will not be returning. Apparently Shak has already left the program. Thor was offered the opportunity to try and earn his scholarship back in the spring, but it does not seem like he will do that. This throws a wrench in the secondary...
            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
              I just received terrible news from a player that Thor Riemer and Shak Taylor will not be returning. Apparently Shak has already left the program. Thor was offered the opportunity to try and earn his scholarship back in the spring, but it does not seem like he will do that. This throws a wrench in the secondary...
              Well ****.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

That's 2 quality cover CB's in 2 yrs., definitely puts a wrench in that spot. Puts a huge need in getting Gafford the Juco kid we just offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  That's 2 quality cover CB's in 2 yrs., definitely puts a wrench in that spot. Puts a huge need in getting Gafford the Juco kid we just offered.
                  Any FBS guys we offered in years past looking for playing time?

Comment

I do like that we have 3 DB's coming in and at the risk of extending the true FR CB curse do see some potential for playing time.

I've asked before but I don't think I've gotten an answer, why isn't Zy Mosley on the roster. Is he in school? Ineligible?

Comment

I do like that we have 3 DB's coming in and at the risk of extending the true FR CB curse do see some potential for playing time.

I've asked before but I don't think I've gotten an answer, why isn't Zy Mosley on the roster. Is he in school? Ineligible?
                      He and Austin Smenda are both ineligible due to their grades in high school. So they are "with the team," but haven't practiced yet. If they perform well enough in the classroom this semester, I believe they will be eligible by the spring...but don't quote me on that.
                      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                        He and Austin Smenda are both ineligible due to their grades in high school. So they are "with the team," but haven't practiced yet. If they perform well enough in the classroom this semester, I believe they will be eligible by the spring...but don't quote me on that.
                        Thanks, could use both of them next year. Would they still have a redshirt year available to them if needed?

Comment

I am not comfortable with these marginal academics. Talent isn't everything, especially in the diploma mill at SDSU.

Comment

Matt Zimmer's take on 2016 roster. https://t.co/1HnTEW6bWW

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Matt Zimmer's take on 2016 roster. https://t.co/1HnTEW6bWW
                              Fair and quality assessment. Would like to know though if Banasiak is truly back. I know he tweeted he could start practicing this week(unfortunately that isn't needed). Will he be eligible in the spring? If so I think d-line will be the deepest and possibly the strongest in the valley.

Comment

Thanks, could use both of them next year. Would they still have a redshirt year available to them if needed?
                                I believe that it counts as their redshirt season. Similar to how Dalton Douglas lost a year of eligibility when he was ineligible. As far as Banasiak, he is back as of now. I guess we will see if he decides to leave again, but he is back on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X