Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Pitt game 1

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Fortunate to win that one. Hopefully everyone got the tryptophan out of their systems today. AJ has to get better on the rotations also. To many minutes with 4 bench players together on the floor at one time. Really have to have at least one of Ober and Thompson on the floor at all times if possible.
    That's a myth. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/26/sc...eepy.html?_r=0

Comment

Can't let players camp out with good rebounding position under the offensive glass for the opposing team.Would like to see more " one shot and done " on opposing teams offensive possessions.Got to limit Maryland's possessions as much as possible.Don't give them any more opportunitys to score than we have to. We did a pretty good job of that against ND,I thought.

Comment

The Jackrabbits held on for a quality win. Pitt is a quick young team. Pitt fans a bit impressed with the Jackrabbits tenacity. Ref in second quarter tried to help Panthers. Once called shooting foul on 3rd foul which not even close to shooting foul as was beyond 3 pt line and not shooting. There should be someone to counter that and I do not think close. Pitt very quick. SDSU defense the difference.
        Last edited by OldHare; 11-26-2015, 11:11 PM.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Maryland is quick aggressive talented outfit. ODU was not as close as final score.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

This was a nice gritty win. Not every win is going to be pretty.

The shooting needs to come around in order for the Jacks to have a shot tomorrow.

Comment

I think Brad Peterson is the guy who announced the game.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                This was a nice gritty win. Not every win is going to be pretty.

The shooting needs to come around in order for the Jacks to have a shot tomorrow.
                Exactly. I'll take a "gritty" win over a loss any day of the week.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Good finish Ladies, enough said.

Comment

Good, not great, game by the Jacks. Have to have a few close ones so they are prepared for those games down the line.

The only thing I've noticed early is back court foul trouble. Now this could be a byproduct of the teams we are playing, but this team can't afford to have our starting guards take silly fouls. It it kind of nit picky, but that's what message boards are all about, aren't they?
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Exactly. I'll take a "gritty" win over a loss any day of the week.
                      A win is a win come March. Dont think I've ever heard talk about margin of victory when they are talking about tournament teams.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        Brad Peterson. He did the football game last weekend too.
                        I think he's the guy that did the halftime interviews with coaches at the Summit League tournament.He seems very knowledgeable and conducts good interviews, all the coaches seemed relaxed and comfortable with him interviewing.Good announcer,but as noted,might be a little too much involved in the game.....hey,he likes our Jacks it seems

Comment

Working...
                        X