Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    In two minutes of searching, I found at least two (11/15/14 and 11/08/08), so your statement isn't true. Not to mention wind chill effect...
    Well, that would be the first mistakes i've made this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      *Raises eye brow with skepticism* Do you mean only one game below 0 degrees?
      Yeah, let's go with that. lol. Anyway, i think the weather factor is overstated.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        There are things beyond weather that are affecting attendance. The #2 team in FCS come to town on Nov.7th with really good weather for that time of year and we draw 9,000 with maybe 500 students. And with the team fighting for a playoff seed. I know it's hunting season, and the team didn't play great in a couple of previous home games, but c'mon man. If it's automatic that attendance is going to tank after Hobo Day, all those extra seats may not have been necessary after all.
        I would say that a few things factor into attendance. Weather would be one but cost and how they played against NDSU would be a couple of more reasons.

This season we didn't really have any games that were that bad for weather. You might of had to put on a heavier coat for the last two but it wasn't that bad.

I think TV has a lot to do with it. I know people that come back for Hobo Day but the last two years they have decided to watch the game on TV. They graduated from SDSU within the last 10 years and aren't comfortable financially, yet. I think every game was $20 back in 2011 and now some go up to $40. If you have college loans, are trying to buy a house and have a family to provide for you can't afford to spend $80(for two) to go to a game for 3 1/2 hours.

For the NDSU game you had a lot of fans that haven't seen a SDSU game before and the team failed to show up. If you play good on that day, you might get a few more people to come back.

Comment

Working...
        X