• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On to Montana:

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    I'm not saying we should just be satisfied with making the playoffs
    Um, that's pretty much exactly what you said:

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    I think the goal should be [to] make the playoffs, period.
    You're certainly allowed to change your opinion as part of the discussion though.

Personally, your original stance about made me throw up.

Comment

Re: Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
      Who cares about history and years past. Get on to 2015.
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

I think the goal in the regular season should be to make the playoffs. When you are in the playoffs, the goals change to winning a national championship. Being seeded doesn't matter as much as winning games in the playoffs.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Look what popped up on my "this day in history" on my Facebook: http://m.gojacks.com/mobile/ViewArti..._OEM_ID=15000&

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            Look what popped up on my "this day in history" on my Facebook: http://m.gojacks.com/mobile/ViewArti..._OEM_ID=15000&

Facebook is a F@#$!*^ A@@&#!&
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              Facebook is a F@#$!*^ A@@&#!&
              Truth.

Comment

Is it just me or are the Montana fans some of the more hateable fans in college sports?

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                  Is it just me or are the Montana fans some of the more hateable fans in college sports?
                  There is an arrogance there not even trumped by that of our "friends" to the north.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

There is an arrogance there not even trumped by that of our "friends" to the north.

Joe Glenn was asked about the NDSU win in his retirement press conference. I thought he was clever in saying "It got very quiet in there(The FargoDome) when the game was over". That's what its going to take on Saturday, a stunning defeat will surely quiet the crowd and tone down the arrogance for a few hours maybe.

Comment

Fact. Can't stand Montana. Mostly just the issues with sex crimes that were swept under the rug by many in the athletic department. But they won a couple national titles......

Stig may have some flaws but running a clean program is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Fact. Can't stand Montana. Mostly just the issues with sex crimes that were swept under the rug by many in the athletic department. But they won a couple national titles......

Stig may have some flaws but running a clean program is not one of them.
                        Again we agree. Winning is important but not in the good old Woody Hayes fashion. Stig would congratulate the opponent good players not hit them over the head with a clip board as they race by on their way to the red zone. In fact I don't understand the coaching change at Montana State. Ash was a clean guy from Drake and apparently not a winner in the eyes of Bobcat Nation. Dan Lennon also walked away from MSU if I recall correctly. Montana is kind of wild and wooley.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Again we agree. Winning is important but not in the good old Woody Hayes fashion. Stig would congratulate the opponent good players not hit them over the head with a clip board as they race by on their way to the red zone. In fact I don't understand the coaching change at Montana State. Ash was a clean guy from Drake and apparently not a winner in the eyes of Bobcat Nation. Dan Lennon also walked away from MSU if I recall correctly. Montana is kind of wild and wooley.
                          I'd agree Ash did a great job at Montana State. I don't recall any problems with players while he was there.

But, they have a heck of a lot invested in that program. They built a new stadium not that long ago and with that kind of investment the AD evidently expect more.

There are a lot of parallels between them and us.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            I'd agree Ash did a great job at Montana State. I don't recall any problems with players while he was there.

But, they have a heck of a lot invested in that program. They built a new stadium not that long ago and with that kind of investment the AD evidently expect more.

There are a lot of parallels between them and us.
                            I wonder if Stig senses these parallels which I agree do exist and wonders about the future. I tend to think there will be more pressure from the SDSU AD to win too, with our new stadium. I am about to mail off my commitment for loge seating. Not going to be cheap, but will help me on April 15th, but I digress. We got win this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I wonder if Stig senses these parallels which I agree do exist and wonders about the future. I tend to think there will be more pressure from the SDSU AD to win too, with our new stadium. I am about to mail off my commitment for loge seating. Not going to be cheap, but will help me on April 15th, but I digress. We got win this Saturday.
                              Agreed, need to win many games. Would love to see this crew run the table. I believe it would be the beginning of many great years. Not to say the last few haven't been great, especially compared to the D2 years. Specifically mid 60's on.

If you need more help on April 15th let me know. I can setup a charity by the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
                                the goal is no longer just making the playoffs and being happy. The coaching staff knows that and are pushing the team to greater goals. The team and fans should expect to compete for a National championship every year and not be satisfied with just making the playoffs. This team and coaching staff should be disappointed in what happened with the his year. Bad losses to UNI and WIU and getting crushed and unprepared for NDSU. LSU is going to can Les Miles for not beating competitive with Bama and Wash state coach was canned b/c they can't beat MT. Shouldn't we feel the same about Stig and football program. The problem isn't setting the top 8 seed as a goal, the problem is we had the 2nd seed for the taking and blew it against UNI then blew the top 8 seed in Macomb. We expect the basketball teams to win the Summit tourney every year, we should hold the football team to the same high standards. Low expectations are a loser mentality.
                                The coaches and players are competing for a national championship right now. Making the playoffs is competing for a national championship. If we lose at Montana on Saturday, we still competed for the national championship. We've competed for the national championship 4 years in a row now.

This team missed some big opportunities this year, and I think every SDSU fan is pretty disappointed with that. No question. However, the biggest opportunities are still ahead, starting with Saturday at Montana. If we beat Montana, we will have an opportunity to beat NDSU. And so on and so forth.

Lastly, comparing the football programs at SDSU and LSU is like comparing Lewis to Wal-Mart/Target. Nobody shops at Lewis with the same expectations as when they shop at Wal-Mart/Target.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X