Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    I had to do it... I searched YouTube for highlights from this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_opg3JR3M

What a game! It was filled with big plays and turnovers by both teams. Fast action scoring the entire game. After watching this, I think we were a QB and a career day from Mariani away from being legit National Champ contenders that year.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      I was trying to find a pic of a guy peeing on an electric fence but this'll do.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
        I think our playcalling really changed as that game wore on too. Once we got into the 3rd quarter, we took our foot off the gas pedal and more so "played not to lose" rather than "playing to win," if you know what I mean. What was it, something like 42-14 about halfway through the 3rd qtr if I recall? Then they unleashed Mariani.
        Some of this but not till later on. We called play action in the 1st or 2nd drive of second half and threw it deep for another TD. Once we did that I thought we'd be okay. Boy, was I wrong. I was there in person. Long f-ing 14-hour drive home that night.

Comment

Re: On to Montana:

With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Who cares about history and years past. Get on to 2015.

Comment

34-24 Grizz. Jacks can't recover from the emotional haymaker of last weekend. Some how, some way that coaching staff has to get these guys motivated. I have no doubt what Zimmer said about the mood in Brookings Sunday was true during and after the selection show. Motivation whether it be the fact that the Jacks were the #9 seed and have to go on the road or the fact Vegas is going to favor the Grizz (which may not be recommended in a college setting). Then of course that coaching staff needs to make good calls during the game.

I really, really hope I'm wrong and we can go visit my least favorite place in Fargo. Then maybe two rounds after that we can go to Illinois St. The title game would be a breeze after the road to actually get to Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                Who cares about history and years past. Get on to 2015.
                Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                  34-24 Grizz. Jacks can't recover from the emotional haymaker of last weekend. Some how, some way that coaching staff has to get these guys motivated. I have no doubt what Zimmer said about the mood in Brookings Sunday was true during and after the selection show. Motivation whether it be the fact that the Jacks were the #9 seed and have to go on the road or the fact Vegas is going to favor the Grizz (which may not be recommended in a college setting). Then of course that coaching staff needs to make good calls during the game.

I really, really hope I'm wrong and we can go visit my least favorite place in Fargo. Then maybe two rounds after that we can go to Illinois St. The title game would be a breeze after the road to actually get to Frisco.
                  Jacks are favored by 4.

Comment

Is setting a top 8 seed as the ultimate goal and being so open about it a problem? I think the goal should be make the playoffs, period. Anything above that is icing on the cake. The top 8 seed deal would be sweet, but not getting the seed and just making the playoffs is a disappointment. I think we should feel happy to make the field and have a chance to once again compete for a national championship. Now that we are in, anything can happen. Why doesn't the coaching staff just redefine the goals. Then the goals can change as the season goes on. Nobody in that locker room should be disappointed about what they have accomplished this year.
                    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      Jacks are favored by 4.
                      STHU...I hadn't looked yet. Well, there goes that motivational tool.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                        STHU...I hadn't looked yet. Well, there goes that motivational tool.
                        Yeah, thought that was a shocker too.

Comment

I wish I had a better feel for this game but it seems like it has been the same the past few years.........Do we see the team that comes out and plays with confidence and kicks butt or is it the one that struggles and plays just good enough to lose? I hope the Jacks come out with a chip on their shoulder and play like we know they are capable of! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                            Is setting a top 8 seed as the ultimate goal and being so open about it a problem? I think the goal should be make the playoffs, period. Anything above that is icing on the cake. The top 8 seed deal would be sweet, but not getting the seed and just making the playoffs is a disappointment. I think we should feel happy to make the field and have a chance to once again compete for a national championship. Now that we are in, anything can happen. Why doesn't the coaching staff just redefine the goals. Then the goals can change as the season goes on. Nobody in that locker room should be disappointed about what they have accomplished this year.
                            the goal is no longer just making the playoffs and being happy. The coaching staff knows that and are pushing the team to greater goals. The team and fans should expect to compete for a National championship every year and not be satisfied with just making the playoffs. This team and coaching staff should be disappointed in what happened with the his year. Bad losses to UNI and WIU and getting crushed and unprepared for NDSU. LSU is going to can Les Miles for not beating competitive with Bama and Wash state coach was canned b/c they can't beat MT. Shouldn't we feel the same about Stig and football program. The problem isn't setting the top 8 seed as a goal, the problem is we had the 2nd seed for the taking and blew it against UNI then blew the top 8 seed in Macomb. We expect the basketball teams to win the Summit tourney every year, we should hold the football team to the same high standards. Low expectations are a loser mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
                              the goal is no longer just making the playoffs and being happy. The coaching staff knows that and are pushing the team to greater goals. The team and fans should expect to compete for a National championship every year and not be satisfied with just making the playoffs. This team and coaching staff should be disappointed in what happened with the his year. Bad losses to UNI and WIU and getting crushed and unprepared for NDSU. LSU is going to can Les Miles for not beating competitive with Bama and Wash state coach was canned b/c they can't beat MT. Shouldn't we feel the same about Stig and football program. The problem isn't setting the top 8 seed as a goal, the problem is we had the 2nd seed for the taking and blew it against UNI then blew the top 8 seed in Macomb. We expect the basketball teams to win the Summit tourney every year, we should hold the football team to the same high standards. Low expectations are a loser mentality.
                              I agree. It is time to reach higher!

Comment

I'm not saying we should just be satisfied with making the playoffs, I guess the point I'm trying to make us that this team making the playoffs has been treated like a failure. Making the playoffs is an accomplishment. We can be disappointed that we aren't where we want to be, but the opportunity is still in front of us. The regular season is over and it's time to win a championship. The team put itself in a position (the playoffs) to make some noise.
                                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Working...
                                X