Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I'm not going to argue with you, but there have been players in the news recently. Not as egregious as the past but in the news nonetheless.
    Name one? Name one player in the news for sex crimes. Your straight out lying. Other issues sure, btw its a lie to say the AD swept anything under the rug. (Your previous post) Not a chance in hell any crimes of players would get swept under the rug. The missoulian has inside sources and they report if a griz player gets pulled over for speeding. Now missoula police has issues with dealing with sexual assault properly but it didnt have any ties to the school or its athletes. As well as the school did have to deal with their investegating of sexaul assaults, but none of them had anything to do with athletics. The two major ones were foreign student crimes. Just wanted to clear that up...because your speading non truthful information. Nobody is more disapointed in past player actions than our current AD, stitt and delany. Just please dont spread non factual information about players who did not do the things you are accusing

Comment

Originally posted by mtgrizfankb View Post
      Name one? Name one player in the news for sex crimes.
      I don't think he meant they were specifically in the news recently for sex crimes. Just that there were Montana players in the news recently.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I don't think he meant they were specifically in the news recently for sex crimes. Just that there were Montana players in the news recently.
        Ding Ding Ding.

Comment

Originally posted by mtgrizfankb View Post
          Name one? Name one player in the news for sex crimes. Your straight out lying. Other issues sure, btw its a lie to say the AD swept anything under the rug. (Your previous post) Not a chance in hell any crimes of players would get swept under the rug. The missoulian has inside sources and they report if a griz player gets pulled over for speeding. Now missoula police has issues with dealing with sexual assault properly but it didnt have any ties to the school or its athletes. As well as the school did have to deal with their investegating of sexaul assaults, but none of them had anything to do with athletics. The two major ones were foreign student crimes. Just wanted to clear that up...because your speading non truthful information. Nobody is more disapointed in past player actions than our current AD, stitt and delany. Just please dont spread non factual information about players who did not do the things you are accusing
          Beau Donaldson.....what do I win?

Comment

An amazing atmosphere and a playoff game will have our Jackrabbits fired up. I hope they can keep their emotions in check and get after the QB. If we do that, it is on.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Many programs have warts in their past. Donaldson is one of those "sex crime violators". His crime happened in September of 2010, two full years before current AD Kent Haslam took over the reigns. Yes, he was on staff before, but in his defense he was in charge of fund raising and was pretty good at it.

I'm more concerned about how my Rabbits get redemption for failing to close the game last time. I'd rather not get in a debate over the merits of Grizz players being big time convicts. I'm just glad Stig runs a clean, winning program that has a chance to win a national championship. I'm also thankful on the joyous holiday for my family, friends NDSU the privilege of being a Jackrabbit!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                Many programs have warts in their past. Donaldson is one of those "sex crime violators". His crime happened in September of 2010, two full years before current AD Kent Haslam took over the reigns. Yes, he was on staff before, but in his defense he was in charge of fund raising and was pretty good at it.

I'm more concerned about how my Rabbits get redemption for failing to close the game last time. I'd rather not get in a debate over the merits of Grizz players being big time convicts. I'm just glad Stig runs a clean, winning program that has a chance to win a national championship. I'm also thankful on the joyous holiday for my family, friends NDSU the privilege of being a Jackrabbit!
                I think every institution make mistakes in recruiting. One home visit does not tell everything there is to know about a given student athlete and his complete family life. Some times there are big problems which can go unnoticed, but manifest themselves once that SA hits the campus. I think with rigid team rules some of these people are weeded out. We got a good program I believe because we have good team rules. End of sermon.

Comment

1993 vs Montana was my first start in a Jackrabbit uniform...and the first major let down against Montana that has unfortunately repeated itself. I remember the atmosphere being amazing, fans were gracious and complimentary of this little DII school coming in and scaring the be-jeezus out of a D1-A school. Of course we stormed out in front, and let it all slip away in the fourth quarter.

Hoping that Saturday turns the tide for SDSU in so many ways. We need to get a mental block of losing to Montana out of the way. Also a win would hopefully set a good tone for going up to Fargo the following week and exercising some demons up there.

Good luck Jacks!
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Re: On to Montana:

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    The coaches and players are competing for a national championship right now. Making the playoffs is competing for a national championship. If we lose at Montana on Saturday, we still competed for the national championship. We've competed for the national championship 4 years in a row now.
                    That is really splitting hairs SF. With your line of thinking, one could argue that just by being in the FCS one "competes for a national championship" as the regular season is the pathway to the playoffs. Pretty shoddy response, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                      That is really splitting hairs SF. With your line of thinking, one could argue that just by being in the FCS one "competes for a national championship" as the regular season is the pathway to the playoffs. Pretty shoddy response, IMO.
                      I disagree. I think what he means is that by making the playoffs we are competing for the Big Prize. Regardless of how some people feel, we are in the playoffs and we have the D to compete with anyone. Happy Thanksgiving!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448590313.969821.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        I do think we are a legitimate contender. We aren't favorites, which seems like what you are talking about with wagers/odds. But we have shown the ability to beat really good teams.
                        And too lose big games against good teams when it really matters.....this year, last year, the year before that....you can play with the words all you want. When Montana saw SDSU come up on the screen I don't think fear entered their hearts or minds.

This is my spin on things, SF Rabbit has a different one. Legitimate contender and other vague analogies are easy to toss our there, fact is, this program hasn't won the "big games" in the past and I don't see that changing this year. I hope I'm wrong.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Question: Why don't people have any confidence in this team? Had we been seeded everybody would have been all ****s and giggles and would have played the better team of a first round game. Now we are in that first round game and suddenly we are already ****ting the bed. That don't make no god damn sense. Jacks win 55-10. I don't think Montana is any better than their BSC champion, so I'm setting the score at the same as the SUU game. Sack up!
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            And too lose big games against good teams when it really matters.....this year, last year, the year before that....you can play with the words all you want. When Montana saw SDSU come up on the screen I don't think fear entered their hearts or minds.

This is my spin on things, SF Rabbit has a different one. Legitimate contender and other vague analogies are easy to toss our there, fact is, this program hasn't won the "big games" in the past and I don't see that changing this year. I hope I'm wrong.
                            I guess we might as well forego the trip to Montana and turn in equipment. This season's over boys!
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Holy ****! You just won the internet!
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                                Question: Why don't people have any confidence in this team? Had we been seeded everybody would have been all ****s and giggles and would have played the better team of a first round game. Now we are in that first round game and suddenly we are already ****ting the bed. That don't make no god damn sense. Jacks win 55-10. I don't think Montana is any better than their BSC champion, so I'm setting the score at the same as the SUU game. Sack up!
                                I have no confidence in this team. And I'll tell you why. Because they are inconsistent.
                                We never know what/who is coming out of the locker room each weekend.

Why do you have confidence in them? What have you seen that gives you confidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X