Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Here is the Grizz Message Board (or at least one of them)
    http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewf...825154a691e770

I haven't paid much attention to them, since they knocked off NDSU in the opener.

I know their new coach runs a high pace, wide open offense, and is not averse to going for it on 4th down.

Be tough to get in a shootout with this team.
    Last edited by da_coach; 11-23-2015, 11:02 AM. Reason: typed "S" instead of "N". duh.

Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Wanted to invite those in the area to Ben's Bar in Yankton for the game next Saturday. He will have it on multiple big screens with sound. He's got pizzas, nachos and other food available as well as a fantastic selection of tap beers, bottles and full liquor service. Every and anything you could want.

2 pm Saturday, Nov 28th at Ben's Bar in historic downtown Yankton.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Re: Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

In case anyone is interested in the "history" between SDSU and Montana, read this (sad, from our perspective) from the Daily Missoulian:
      http://missoulian.com/sports/college...b2d1364aa.html

We collapsed badly in 2009 in the playoff game. One of the most monumental meltdowns in modern football history? Marc Mariani, now of the Chicago Bears, just about single-handedly took us apart. Heck, I was in Iowa for the 2009 Thanksgiving holiday and watched the game on TV. It was such a late beatdown that I think I had bruises.

UM is 7-0 against the Jacks. That has to stop. I think we have the team to reverse that horrible history. This is a mission for the Jacks to avenge the first playoff game of the D1 era.

Go Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        In case anyone is interested in the "history" between SDSU and Montana, read this (sad, from our perspective) from the Daily Missoulian:
        http://missoulian.com/sports/college...b2d1364aa.html

We collapsed badly in 2009 in the playoff game. One of the most monumental meltdowns in modern football history? Marc Mariani, now of the Chicago Bears, just about single-handedly took us apart. Heck, I was in Iowa for the 2009 Thanksgiving holiday and watched the game on TV. It was such a late beatdown that I think I had bruises.

UM is 7-0 against the Jacks. That has to stop. I think we have the team to reverse that horrible history. This is a mission for the Jacks to avenge the first playoff game of the D1 era.

Go Jacks.
        I'm going to get hammered by some for saying it but there were a multitude of really bad decisions made by someone in charge of calling plays and making decisions that day. No way SDSU should have lost that game. You don't kick the ball to Mariani when the only way you can lose is by kicking the ball to Mariani. I'll shut up now.

SDSU needs this win on Saturday for many reasons, the least of which might be staying alive in the playoffs this year.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I'm going to get hammered by some for saying it but there were a multitude of really bad decisions made by someone in charge of calling plays and making decisions that day. No way SDSU should have lost that game. You don't kick the ball to Mariani when the only way you can lose is by kicking the ball to Mariani. I'll shut up now.

SDSU needs this win on Saturday for many reasons, the least of which might be staying alive in the playoffs this year.
          ^This! After the first kickoff they should've avoided Mariani like the plague.

The team needs to get up and control the TOP and convert 3rd downs. Stop the predictability. We know how fast BSC teams can score and comeback, don't give them the chance.

That stadium will be rockin' need to shut them up quickly, demoralize them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            ^This! After the first kickoff they should've avoided Mariani like the plague.

The team needs to get up and control the TOP and convert 3rd downs. Stop the predictability. We know how fast BSC teams can score and comeback, don't give them the chance.

That stadium will be rockin' need to shut them up quickly, demoralize them.
            We need to see if we can Get Marc Mariani to bring the flag out for the team.

Comment

I think our playcalling really changed as that game wore on too. Once we got into the 3rd quarter, we took our foot off the gas pedal and more so "played not to lose" rather than "playing to win," if you know what I mean. What was it, something like 42-14 about halfway through the 3rd qtr if I recall? Then they unleashed Mariani.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                I think our playcalling really changed as that game wore on too. Once we got into the 3rd quarter, we took our foot off the gas pedal and more so "played not to lose" rather than "playing to win," if you know what I mean. What was it, something like 42-14 about halfway through the 3rd qtr if I recall? Then they unleashed Mariani.
                Your last statement is incorrect. We unleashed Mariani, certainly helped increase his draft stock greatly.

Comment

Didn't Montana have some turnovers or did we get the benefit of some close calls in the first half of the Montana game? I'm trying to remember what happened exactly, but for some reason that thought process is stuck in my head.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    Your last statement is incorrect. We unleashed Mariani, certainly helped increase his draft stock greatly.
                    Lol, I actually debated about typing that we unleashed Mariani. He has certainly had a good pro career, made the pro-bowler as a rookie kick returner, then I think missed a few seasons due to injury, and is now getting WR reps with the Bears in addition to returns. He's a few million $$$ richer than probably most of us on here combined too...

Comment

Agree, we shut down and allowed them to take the momentum. Once that happened we were toast. That was a very good UM team, #1 seed. They made a run to the championship game losing to Villanova. If I recall it was Hauk's last year (prior to moving up to FBS).

Comment

I had to do it... I searched YouTube for highlights from this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_opg3JR3M

What a game! It was filled with big plays and turnovers by both teams. Fast action scoring the entire game. After watching this, I think we were a QB and a career day from Mariani away from being legit National Champ contenders that year.

Comment

Lol, I actually debated about typing that we unleashed Mariani. He has certainly had a good pro career, made the pro-bowler as a rookie kick returner, then I think missed a few seasons due to injury, and is now getting WR reps with the Bears in addition to returns. He's a few million $$$ richer than probably most of us on here combined too...
                          I'm thinking we should contact him about donating some of his spoils to the new stadium. After all I'm sure we helped in earning him $75-100K extra by draft status. It isn't unreasonable to ask for $25-30k. 😜

Comment

I had to do it... I searched YouTube for highlights from this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_opg3JR3M

What a game! It was filled with big plays and turnovers by both teams. Fast action scoring the entire game. After watching this, I think we were a QB and a career day from Mariani away from being legit National Champ contenders that year.
                            I almost reported this post.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by GrizFanStuckInUtah View Post
                              We need to see if we can Get Marc Mariani to bring the flag out for the team.
                              I wouldn't. He'd probably drop it.

Comment

Working...
                              X