Clear All

Re: Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    Holy ****! You just won the internet!
    YES!!!!

Comment

Re: On to Montana:

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      I guess we might as well forego the trip to Montana and turn in equipment. This season's over boys!
      Would save us some money....just kidding.....mostly.

Got a visit on Tuesday in Yankton from the SDSU athletic department asking for some more of those dollars.

Its not just all rah rah sis boom bah boys and girls. This is big time football and takes big time dollars. Lost a game that cost us a first round bye and a home playoff game. Hosting costs a bunch as well....but has potential for major future payback.

A trip to Montana with Fargo as the reward isn't quite the same. Doesn't mean you don't make the trip, play your best and try to win. Have to give this program some credit for doing just that most of the time. I'm ready to see them make the next step. I suppose it could start tomorrow.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Question: Why don't people have any confidence in this team?
        Because they had an important game on the road last week and lost. This week they have an important game on the road.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
          1993 vs Montana was my first start in a Jackrabbit uniform...and the first major let down against Montana that has unfortunately repeated itself. I remember the atmosphere being amazing, fans were gracious and complimentary of this little DII school coming in and scaring the be-jeezus out of a D1-A school. Of course we stormed out in front, and let it all slip away in the fourth quarter.

Hoping that Saturday turns the tide for SDSU in so many ways. We need to get a mental block of losing to Montana out of the way. Also a win would hopefully set a good tone for going up to Fargo the following week and exercising some demons up there.

Good luck Jacks!
          My prediction (for what it's worth which is nothing). Jacks flip the script and come out flat and find themselves behind by double digits at the half 13-3. 2nd half is a completely different story. Jacks come out blazing in the 2nd half and dominate. End up winning by double digits. Final score 30-20 Rabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
            I have no confidence in this team. And I'll tell you why. Because they are inconsistent.
            We never know what/who is coming out of the locker room each weekend.

Why do you have confidence in them? What have you seen that gives you confidence?
            I'll argue that we're also not sure which coaching staff is coming out either. Except Eidsness......everyone knows how he's coming out, what he's going to call. The difference being sometimes the talent overcomes that. Truth is if everyone on offense executes the play properly we should succeed even if we give the D our play ahead of time. Enough of the predictability, pass on 1st down and not that crappy swing pass. That only worked on 1st down with ZZ. If it works now it's because it's 3rd and 17 and the RB is the check-down swinging out after chipping the DE. O-line is the absolute key in this game. They play well we win by double digits. If they play good to average win by 3-5, lose by 3-5. If they stink up Missoula we lose by double digits and we'll be fortunate if only 1 of the QB's gets injured.

Comment

Question: Why don't people have any confidence in this team? Had we been seeded everybody would have been all ****s and giggles and would have played the better team of a first round game. Now we are in that first round game and suddenly we are already ****ting the bed. That don't make no god damn sense. Jacks win 55-10. I don't think Montana is any better than their BSC champion, so I'm setting the score at the same as the SUU game. Sack up!
              Good luck with that.

Comment

Question: Why don't people have any confidence in this team? Had we been seeded everybody would have been all ****s and giggles and would have played the better team of a first round game. Now we are in that first round game and suddenly we are already ****ting the bed. That don't make no god damn sense. Jacks win 55-10. I don't think Montana is any better than their BSC champion, so I'm setting the score at the same as the SUU game. Sack up!
                Agreed, but the SUU game was at home. If this was a home game the Jacks crush Montana but there is something about playing there that always means bad news for the Jacks even when they are the better team (2009).

Comment

Originally posted by GetEmGriz View Post
                  Good luck with that.
                  Oh that's right you beat Montana State......nevermind we're screwed......
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    Your last statement is incorrect. We unleashed Mariani, certainly helped increase his draft stock greatly.
                    Actually Mariani unleashed himself he ran back the KR and had the career day, but today I'd worry more about Jamaal Jones, a WR transfer from Washington. He's actually close to Mariani's single season receiving yards record at Montana, and is an NFL draft prospect ;D.

Comment

I have no confidence in this team. And I'll tell you why. Because they are inconsistent.
                      We never know what/who is coming out of the locker room each weekend.

Why do you have confidence in them? What have you seen that gives you confidence?
                      Let's see: beat Illinois State, housed everybody out of conference, took care of a lot of business in conference. UNI boiled down to bad play call at the end, maybe would have still lost right there anyways. We play in the Valley, is it or isn't it the best conference in the country? All of our losses are from playoff teams. They play in the Big Sky, the Big Sky is ****, complete **** and there isn't anybody that disagrees with that. Even the committee who plopped WIU in the playoffs because they know UND is **** because they play in the BSC. If they had won the Big Sky Conference maybe I would think a little more of Montana, but I don't. it's like being the highest turd in the toilet. In the end flush it. I'm not going to sit here and wring my hands like an old lady worrying about the past. And when the Rabbits do roll I don't want to hear all the backpedalling and other BS, sometimes I don't even know why some of you watch, maybe just so you can have something to bitch about.......Happy Thanksgiving! Holy **** where's the Tylenol!
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Let's see: beat Illinois State, housed everybody out of conference, took care of a lot of business in conference. UNI boiled down to bad play call at the end, maybe would have still lost right there anyways. We play in the Valley, is it or isn't it the best conference in the country? All of our losses are from playoff teams. They play in the Big Sky, the Big Sky is ****, complete **** and there isn't anybody that disagrees with that. Even the committee who plopped WIU in the playoffs because they know UND is **** because they play in the BSC. If they had won the Big Sky Conference maybe I would think a little more of Montana, but I don't. it's like being the highest turd in the toilet. In the end flush it. I'm not going to sit here and wring my hands like an old lady worrying about the past. And when the Rabbits do roll I don't want to hear all the backpedalling and other BS, sometimes I don't even know why some of you watch, maybe just so you can have something to bitch about.......Happy Thanksgiving! Holy **** where's the Tylenol!
                        I didn't catch the NDSU VS. SDSU game this year, how did it go? Montana played NDSU too this year already. It went pretty good on account of we won the game ;D.

Comment

What you've said here speaks more to hope than confidence. Hope is, "Can we win?" You have hope, and so do I. In fact so do we all.
                          Confidence is a different thing. Confidence is "We will win." I don't have that feeling from this team.

And there's this: Excellence doesn't just happen. Mediocrity does however. Teams and programs excel because someone demands excellence. I don't think Chicoine or Sell or Stig are demanding it. I don't get that feeling from any of them, at all. Someone has to demand excellence or it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                            Agreed, but the SUU game was at home. If this was a home game the Jacks crush Montana but there is something about playing there that always means bad news for the Jacks even when they are the better team (2009).
                            Montana was the #1 seed when we played them in 2009. You could argue that we had no business being ahead like that. It would have been a big upset had we won.

Comment

Originally posted by GorGriz37 View Post
                              I didn't catch the NDSU VS. SDSU game this year, how did it go? Montana played NDSU too this year already. It went pretty good on account of we won the game ;D.
                              USD also beat NDSU all it got them was done a week earlier then Montana. It's a new season now!

Comment

What you've said here speaks more to hope than confidence. Hope is, "Can we win?" You have hope, and so do I. In fact so do we all.
                                Confidence is a different thing. Confidence is "We will win." I don't have that feeling from this team.

And there's this: Excellence doesn't just happen. Mediocrity does however. Teams and programs excel because someone demands excellence. I don't think Chicoine or Sell or Stig are demanding it. I don't get that feeling from any of them, at all. Someone has to demand excellence or it won't happen.
                                You're going to get yourself in trouble saying stuff like that around here. You seem to be suggesting SDSU could be as good as NDSU. That's crazy talk. As long as SDSU keeps making the playoffs all is good. Never mind that the playoff field has expanded dramatically from the D2 era so that 6-5 teams now get in.

Reality? Things are about the same as they have been for 20 years. Decent program, better then most, often times ranked highly but not able to get over the big game hump.

I hope SDSU wins tomorrow.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X