Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Hey it is over. Montana does the dome. I wish them luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      I think inconsistencies are to blame in both the RB position and O-line. Better hope the O-line meshes in the off season and gets some flow. That happens and RB will shake itself out.
      BTW it's all Stig's fault

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I wish them luck.
        MT is going to need lots of it. Better find a leprechaun, horseshoe, rabbits foot(ugh, that is tough to type), some rosary beads, a Buddha statue and throw a 5 gallon bucket of pennies in a wishing well. The Fargodome will more than likely be the loudest and most hostile environment it's ever been. I don't see it being even close, 45-17 Bison.

I know Lujan was out with a concussion, any word on why Soulek was out? Hope it isn't a major one.
        Last edited by Jackedforlife; 11-29-2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
          MT is going to need lots of it. Better find a leprechaun, horseshoe, rabbits foot(ugh, that is tough to type), some rosary beads, a Buddha statue and throw a 5 gallon bucket of pennies in a wishing well. The Fargodome will more than likely be the loudest and most hostile environment it's ever been. I don't see it being even close, 45-17 Bison.

I know Lujan was out with a concussion, any word on why Soulek was out? Hope it isn't a major one.
          Your way more confident than I am, I see us getting a W but I don't think it will be a blowout

I hope it is but they will score, I do know our d is much improved from week 1.
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

OOh and sorry the reason I came on was to congratulate sdsu on another good season, many teams wish they could be where you guys are.
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

• Re: On to Montana:

Richt fired by Georgia...because it's comperable if not popular:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...172742330.html
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

Future USD head coach?

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                  Your way more confident than I am, I see us getting a W but I don't think it will be a blowout

I hope it is but they will score, I do know our d is much improved from week 1.
                  Being an unbiased observer(ok, somewhat biased) I can afford that confidence I guess. I'm pretty sure you guys will set a noise volume record in the dome. I see the Bison offense turning it on early and never letting up. They will have difficulty controlling the LOS on offense. I think the Bison D sets up base camp 2yds behind the LOS all game long. We proved they can be shutdown for a half. No way the bison D is surprised this game.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    1. He should have to earn it, but he will. Needs a good offseason to work on the deep balls. He also trusts his legs too much and tends to pull it down and escape outside rather than keeping his eyes up field and stepping up in the pocket. That should come with experience though.

2. I'm hoping for a full read option offense. Have little faith we will see it.

2A. Need a capable dual threat backup so offense does not have to change when TC gets hurt. It will happen, and we need to be prepared for it. We've seen this year the difference 1 loss makes.
                    If TC is going to get the keys to the car I agree with all of this...and your hesitation in #2 is very warranted. Does anyone believe EE can lead a full blown read option offense? I sure as heck don't. And if TC is going to be the QB we have to run an offense such as Ill St does with Roberson. It fits his skill set correctly. Otherwise we're wasting his full ability. I haven't seen NDSU play with Stick yet. Is that what they're running with him or is it the same offense as when Wentz was in there only they are calling his number on straight QB runs more?

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                      If TC is going to get the keys to the car I agree with all of this...and your hesitation in #2 is very warranted. Does anyone believe EE can lead a full blown read option offense? I sure as heck don't. And if TC is going to be the QB we have to run an offense such as Ill St does with Roberson. It fits his skill set correctly. Otherwise we're wasting his full ability. I haven't seen NDSU play with Stick yet. Is that what they're running with him or is it the same offense as when Wentz was in there only they are calling his number on straight QB runs more?
                      I believe at times TC held onto to the read option because of the inconsistency at the RB position. TC would at times try to do too much, he'll get better with that. Heck he already did as the year progressed. We need a RB step up and take 75-80% of the offensive snaps. Someone that builds a rapport with TC and they have trust in one another. Then the read option will succeed. I'm not sure if the fact Zenner 2.0 ran the read option as a QB in HS will give him a leg up but I'd consider it an advantage. Just think eventually the read option will become read option with the ability to go play action pass. That's when the D will be tripping over themselves. Great time to be the OC, hopefully Eidsness can see the kind of opportunity this is, create that facet and stop the predictability.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

Ok, let's run with your metaphor. It's been a couple years since an SEC school won the national championship, whereas a certain MVC school has won the last four. I would think that probably decreases the chances of Stig being fired this year, and probably even next. I cannot disagree that Jacks must improve against NDSU, but I will probably never advocate firing Stig. However, I am very curious what changes are in store for offensive playcalling, as that definitely seemed suspect at times. I would say if the staff refuses to improve there, then I could begrudgingly revisit my characterization regarding a change in leadership.

I would think Lennon at SIU might be in a more Richt-like situation than Stig. Ironically, the Yahoo article you cited has parallels with Lennon in that it mentions SEC schools possibly being interested in Richt, and I have heard that USD may be interested in Lennon.

Comment

This game was a bummer as it appeared as we definitely could have won this game by getting started a little earlier and with some breaks. As we are critical of the coaches and players at times, I also think we need to look closely at how Montana fans impacted the game. From what I heard on ESPN, they were very loud and caused us to be off sides a number of times. If we expect more of the coaches and players, we need to expect more of us as fans. We need to make more noise all the time when the opponent has the ball. No excuses.

Comment

With our demographic (regional alumni who typically love sports) we should draw 15-17k per game. Maybe a strategy exists, but I haven't seen or felt the marketing campaign to draw volumes of fans to games. Of course, winning a few big games would help dramatically...

Comment

Originally posted by 1-state View Post
                              With our demographic (regional alumni who typically love sports) we should draw 15-17k per game. Maybe a strategy exists, but I haven't seen or felt the marketing campaign to draw volumes of fans to games. Of course, winning a few big games would help dramatically...
                              I don't know that anything short of winning a national championship would do it, honestly. I haven't followed FCS football very closely long enough to know what NDSU's fan support was like before the first National championship, but I assume it increased dramatically after the first, then more so with the consecutive wins. Was the Fargo dome always completely full? Even before the championships?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                I don't know that anything short of winning a national championship would do it, honestly. I haven't followed FCS football very closely long enough to know what NDSU's fan support was like before the first National championship, but I assume it increased dramatically after the first, then more so with the consecutive wins. Was the Fargo dome always completely full? Even before the championships?
                                I can't speak for game-to-game, but the last year we won at Fargo, there were a decent amount of empty seats on the broadcast. That was in 2008 I believe, which was also in the middle of the rough stretch for NDSU.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X