Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Glenn to Retire ?

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Hopefully they promote from within. Keep up that winning tradition.
    This would be best for SDSU and the rest of the MVC.....no way they'll do that. I also don't think they'll choose a guy from DII or a lower division. If they want experience I think they will go with a FCS or FBS assistant, if they want a young guy they go for a FBS assistant at a major program and pay him.

Time will tell....
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Avoid the smack in this thread.

I think that over his history of playing for USD and then coaching at other NCC schools including Northern Colorado, Joe Glenn has more wins than losses against the Jacks. I think he's always kept the State rivalry in the proper perspective which keeps respect for one's opponents as part of the formula. I wish him well.

The rumor mill was working overtime today. According to the mill, Jed Stugart, head coach at USF, is the likely replacement but I think there'll be a lynching if there isn't an attempt at a national search. If anyone is following the rumor mill and wants to know more about Stugart, here's his bio on USF's site: http://www.usfcougars.com/ViewArticl...CLID=205311089
      According to my sources.....he wants the job and will take it if offered. My sources also tell me there is no one selected at this point and a search will happen, sooner then later as recruiting is in full swing.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Surprised that no one has mentioned that Wes Berschorner (sp), USD assistant coach, says he definitely wants the job and hopes to get it, according to a tweet from Jeremy Hoeck of the Yankton Press & Dakotan. Have no idea whether they will settle for that, but that was always the story that he was being groomed for it. Herbster's remarks sounded like they have something different in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          Surprised that no one has mentioned that Wes Berschorner (sp), USD assistant coach, says he definitely wants the job and hopes to get it, according to a tweet from Jeremy Hoeck of the Yankton Press & Dakotan. Have no idea whether they will settle for that, but that was always the story that he was being groomed for it. Herbster's remarks sounded like they have something different in mind.
          I would be thrilled if Wes got the job. FearEd

Comment

Please...please...please Herbster hire this guy! Please!?

Honestly and I know this is crazy talk...but if Herbster told me he would hire him but I would have to wear a USD shirt to every Jacks game next year I would do it.
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

This rumor has been in place since Glenn arrived. I've been told that Joe wants Wes to get the job. No idea if that's accurate but that's the rumor. It's the opinion of most of the USD fans I visit with that Wes is not the man they want for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                This rumor has been in place since Glenn arrived. I've been told that Joe wants Wes to get the job. No idea if that's accurate but that's the rumor. It's the opinion of most of the USD fans I visit with that Wes is not the man they want for the job.
                In the press conference it sure sounded like Glenn was giving his endorsement to Wes. I think Herbster will go a different route, much like he did with Men's BBall.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  Please...please...please Herbster hire this guy! Please!?

Honestly and I know this is crazy talk...but if Herbster told me he would hire him but I would have to wear a USD shirt to every Jacks game next year I would do it.
                  Count me in I'll join ya.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    In the press conference it sure sounded like Glenn was giving his endorsement to Wes. I think Herbster will go a different route, much like he did with Men's BBall.
                    This what I am gathering from the USD board and the press conference. The old coach on his way out endorses some one and it really does not carry much weight when the AD is thinking something else. I am thinking a national search would bring in some interesting people, who would take the program to the next level, a 500 or greater season in terms of wins. Seems like there is a statute on the books which requires that the job be advertised.

Comment

Dale Lennon's name is out there. SIU suppose to make some sort of announcement about his status there. 1 year left on his contract and rumor his he will be let go. I suspect USD would take a look at him.

Comment

Dale Lennon's name is out there. SIU suppose to make some sort of announcement about his status there. 1 year left on his contract and rumor his he will be let go. I suspect USD would take a look at him.
                        Not surprising. Just a while back SIU was at or near the top of the conference, and they have fallen off they last 3 years or so.

I'm sure USD would look at him too, but I can't see them bringing in a conference coach, who struggled the last few years. They should want/need some new blood down there.

Comment

Lennon's out. http://footballscoop.com/news/southe...ll-not-return/

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            Unless Lennon has coaching friends in FBS programs who would hire him as an assistant, I would give him the inside track for the next head coach at USD. They would be fools not to take him. I don't know what kind of salary he is looking for though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Unless Lennon has coaching friends in FBS programs who would hire him as an assistant, I would give him the inside track for the next head coach at USD. They would be fools not to take him. I don't know what kind of salary he is looking for though.
                              That's assuming he is interested in a job with less recruiting potential than the school he's leaving, in by far the toughest conference in the country.

Comment

Frankly, I can't see the USD fan base getting excited about someone who just failed, in their own conference.
                                If I'm USD, I bring in new blood.

Comment

Working...
                                X