Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reg Season Finale: 'Necks

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Thought I saw where SF were only going to get 4-6", how bad is the weather that they can't get a flight out? Unless it is a blizzard or freezing rain I'm confused.
    I'm currently downtown. The snow is coming down pretty good. 4 inches was reported at the airport an hour ago. 8 inches in southern Sioux Falls.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
      Thought I saw where SF were only going to get 4-6", how bad is the weather that they can't get a flight out? Unless it is a blizzard or freezing rain I'm confused.
      Parts of SF have over 9 inches already...
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Am I correct in assuming they fly a strict charter? No one but team, coaches and parents/boosters that paid for their tix. With the new runways in Brookings why can't they take off there? I realize weather can be bad there too but I'd think a straight flight out of Brookings would allow for more flexibility too.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Per Zimmer:

So now, after two hours, they're letting USF off its plane. USD downstairs waiting to check in. SDSU stuck at their gate. Long day ahead.
          I'm sure it's tough to change flights, but this snow has been predicted for a while now. How did all three teams not plan ahead?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            I'm sure it's tough to change flights, but this snow has been predicted for a while now. How did all three teams not plan ahead?
            2-4 was predicted...not 9+
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I'm not sure why they don't take off from Brookings other than there may be security issues. Not sure what they put charters through as far as TSA screening. I'd assume its the same.

Brookings just did an upgrade to their runway. I thought the reasoning was to be able to handle planes of that size.

Weather in B-town is just fine!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Probably because they bid it out, and the cheapest bid came in with depart of Sioux Falls

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  2-4 was predicted...not 9+
                  True, I forgot the weather never deviates from the forecast.... (Sorry couldn't help the sarcasm)

unless something major changes it looks like the snow stops in SXF in an hour or so for a few hours. Hopefully they can get off the ground then and still make it there relatively early. Also, it looks like Macomb is about to get pounded with more rain. Any idea of how much they've already had this week? Good thing it's turf.
                  Last edited by Jackedforlife; 11-20-2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    unless something major changes it looks like the snow stops in SXF in an hour or so for a few hours. Hopefully they can get off the ground then and still make it there relatively early. Also, it looks like Macomb is about to get pounded with more rain. Any idea of how much they've already had this week? Good thing it's turf.
                    We had about an inch of rain on Monday and 4-5 inches on Tuesday and a bit into early Wednesday. No rain yesterday. Looks like just light rainfall (~0.1 inch per hour) for most of the rest of the day starting at about 3:30 moving over to snow around 4-5 AM tomorrow morning. Snow should continue until around 11 AM to noonish with total accumulation of maybe 2-3 inches likely. Currently we're at 44 degrees but the temperature is supposed to drop overnight and all through the day Saturday with a projected gametime temperature of ~31 degrees and ~20 mph wind (supposed to feel like ~19 at kickoff...closer to ~15 degrees by the end of the game)...assuming game still is able to start at 1 PM.

Also be sure to keep an eye on the weather in Peoria, IL (http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...pws:KILPEORI32) since that's likely the airport the team will be flying into (unless they have to reroute or something).
                    Scott
                    Western Illinois University Alumnus, Employee and Fan
                    Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

Comment

The Coyotes, Jacks, and Cougars are all in the SF airport waiting to get out. Gonna be a long night for both teams. Wondering if game times or days will now be changed? I think they should play another game outside. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ST_Lawson View Post
                        We had about an inch of rain on Monday and 4-5 inches on Tuesday and a bit into early Wednesday. No rain yesterday. Looks like just light rainfall (~0.1 inch per hour) for most of the rest of the day starting at about 3:30 moving over to snow around 4-5 AM tomorrow morning. Snow should continue until around 11 AM to noonish with total accumulation of maybe 2-3 inches likely. Currently we're at 44 degrees but the temperature is supposed to drop overnight and all through the day Saturday with a projected gametime temperature of ~31 degrees and ~20 mph wind (supposed to feel like ~19 at kickoff...closer to ~15 degrees by the end of the game)...assuming game still is able to start at 1 PM.

Also be sure to keep an eye on the weather in Peoria, IL (http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...pws:KILPEORI32) since that's likely the airport the team will be flying into (unless they have to reroute or something).
                        Well snow would make us feel very welcome. It turned out well last year against you guys and in past years our snow games have gone very well in our favor.

I'd hope the teams can get out soon. Pushing the game time to 3 or 4 would be nice for us but I doubt WIU will want to accommodate us.

Comment

This delay has me nervous. Hard enough to win on the road. The game tomorrow is soooooo big.

We've played really well on the road this year so hopefully we can keep that going.

Comment

Did they leave yet?
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Did they leave yet?
                              I just posted this over at AnyGivenSaturday (hence the info about USD as well):

Looks like South Dakota is getting ready to head out: https://twitter.com/mickgarry/status/667855411677020161
                              Snow has cleared out of the Sioux Falls area.

No word yet on SDSU. Also, University of Sioux Falls football team's playoff game down in Arkansas has been pushed back to 4 PM tomorrow to accommodate travel difficulties.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ours/76134082/

It's just starting to rain in SDSU's flight destination of Peoria (light rain here in Macomb for the last 2 hours). Snow will hold off until morning, but not sure if that will impact the route or timing of flights.

Looks like this is USD's flight to Bloomington/Normal - https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...359Z/KFSD/KBMI
                              And this is SDSU's flight to Peoria - https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...700Z/KFSD/KPIA
                              Scott
                              Western Illinois University Alumnus, Employee and Fan
                              Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

Comment

USD boarded an hour ago, and still hasn't left as of this moment. USF boarded this morning and sat on the runway for 4 hours before they were able to deplane (among other things, the plane got stuck out in the runway and had to be towed in). Zim says he doesn't want to board the plane. Still awaiting word on when USD will get off the field. Sun Country's latest posted departure (on the internet site mentioned above is listed as 6:40 p.m. It is 7:15 p.m. at this minute, and no word yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X