Reg Season Finale: 'Necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reg Season Finale: 'Necks

Bad weather doesn't scare me as much. I think that'll play out well for the D, provided they can wrap them up. Gut says poor weather start TC, run/pass option opens the field. If it's ZL like I think then I hope the o-line plays at the top of their game. They'll need to open holes for Brady and Kyle like the SUU game and protect ZL. Jake, Dallas and crew will get open and can do some damage, especially if the run game is going. Special teams is the crapshoot, do you go or not go for the FG? Kick it straight and deep or go for the corner kick? Does the PR try to field a wet ball bounce? KR, do they try fancy moves or run it straight on a one cut and go? The coverage units don't worry me as much anymore, they seem to fill the lanes and tackle well.

Comment

Coach Stig spoke at a Sioux Empire Staters Club lunch in Sioux Falls on Tuesday and shared several tidbits with a room full of diners. Among the insights relevant to this week's game were: Lujan is likely to start against Western Illinois. Weineke has been hampered most of the season by a muscle injury and still is. Mears tried to play last Saturday but is still recovering from a knee injury that had kept him out for a few games.
      This space for lease.

Comment

The game will be on ESPN3 so can be watched on phones and tablets with the WatchESPN app (while in the stands at Frost for the women's BB game vs. Notre Dame.) Great afternoon!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
          Bad weather doesn't scare me as much. I think that'll play out well for the D, provided they can wrap them up. Gut says poor weather start TC, run/pass option opens the field. If it's ZL like I think then I hope the o-line plays at the top of their game. They'll need to open holes for Brady and Kyle like the SUU game and protect ZL. Jake, Dallas and crew will get open and can do some damage, especially if the run game is going. Special teams is the crapshoot, do you go or not go for the FG? Kick it straight and deep or go for the corner kick? Does the PR try to field a wet ball bounce? KR, do they try fancy moves or run it straight on a one cut and go? The coverage units don't worry me as much anymore, they seem to fill the lanes and tackle well.
          Don't forget about the punting game, Punts are like a box of chocolate,you don't know what kind of punt you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by raiders64 View Post
            Don't forget about the punting game, Punts are like a box of chocolate,you don't know what kind of punt you are going to get.
            The positive side of me is hoping Hale doesn't see the field.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              I think the Jacks need to FINALLY start out fast. If they can get up big, I think it would break WIU's spirit on a disappointing season. I would like to see a touchdown on the opening drive for the first time in a while. I hope they team is pumped up and realizes that this win should secure a bye week. If it is bad weather, who do you think the Jacks start at QB?
              Do you want SDSU to take the ball if the win the coin toss? I have never been a fan of that. I know that it works sometimes but there are other times like the USD game. We win the flip, we take the ball, we go 3 and out, they get the ball to start the second half and drive it down the field for a touchdown.
              They were talking about this during the Patriots game a couple weeks ago. They said that NE is the best team in the NFL at scoring the last drive of the 1st half and then the first drive of the second half. I know we aren't NE on offense and we can't guarantee that we will have the ball and score at the end of the first half but I like having the ball after making halftime adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                Do you want SDSU to take the ball if the win the coin toss? I have never been a fan of that. I know that it works sometimes but there are other times like the USD game. We win the flip, we take the ball, we go 3 and out, they get the ball to start the second half and drive it down the field for a touchdown.
                They were talking about this during the Patriots game a couple weeks ago. They said that NE is the best team in the NFL at scoring the last drive of the 1st half and then the first drive of the second half. I know we aren't NE on offense and we can't guarantee that we will have the ball and score at the end of the first half but I like having the ball after making halftime adjustments.
                Good question! I like the chances of our defense to force a 3 and out versus are offense NOT having a 3 and out. I just have a lot more confidence in our defense. I too would prefer to start the second half with the ball after adjustments are made. We have been doing a better job of making those adjustments this year it seems.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  Maybe he just means the first chance we get the ball opening drive. Not necessarily to get the opening kickoff. Either way I sort of agree. A game like this would be great to come out and show them we mean business, regardless who gets the opening kickoff.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    Good question! I like the chances of our defense to force a 3 and out versus are offense NOT having a 3 and out. I just have a lot more confidence in our defense. I too would prefer to start the second half with the ball after adjustments are made. We have been doing a better job of making those adjustments this year it seems.
                    Our offense has struggled with first drives this year, and with how good our defense is, I would rather get our defense out there first and probably give the offense good field position to start with. I have always been a fan of deferring, but with the makeup of our team, it makes even more sense.

Comment

Is it Saturday yet? The weather keeps getting worse and worse.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Do you guys know when your team is headed down our way? They coming down today or tomorrow? Flying or driving?

I'm sure you guys don't really need reminders or anything, but for any of you that happen to be coming down for the game on Saturday, especially if you're driving down tomorrow, please be sure to check out the weather. The winter storm that's working across southern SD tomorrow morning is (as of current forecasts) supposed to work it's way across most of Iowa and the northern half of Illinois tomorrow afternoon and overnight Friday->Saturday morning. Iowa City, for example, they're saying 4-8 inches of snow. Macomb is on the southern edge of the system, maybe only getting an inch of snow at the most, but pretty much the whole route from your place to ours could be pretty nasty starting later tomorrow afternoon.

I don't want to hear about any of you Jackrabbit fans having problems making it safely down to Macomb. Stay safe, drive safe, and lets have a good football game on Saturday.
                        Scott
                        Western Illinois University Alumnus, Employee and Fan
                        Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

Comment

Team is currently stuck at airport in SF.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Per Zimmer:

So now, after two hours, they're letting USF off its plane. USD downstairs waiting to check in. SDSU stuck at their gate. Long day ahead.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Team is currently stuck at airport in SF.
                              Thought I saw where SF were only going to get 4-6", how bad is the weather that they can't get a flight out? Unless it is a blizzard or freezing rain I'm confused.

Comment

I have a friend trying to fly out today and his flight has already been cancelled. Wondering what will be happening as this day progresses. Not great for the team to have to be stuck in the airport. Keep in mind it is a 1PM kickoff tomorrow. This may turn into a Sunday game!
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X