Goodbye Coughlin Alumni Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye Coughlin Alumni Stadium

Couple of pics from the last game before they turn the lights off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Goodbye Coughlin Alumni Stadium

Koenigs TD run from midfield going for it on 4th was pretty awesome. Eiu playoff game was one of the best ever. Gonna miss seeing players come up grassstained uniforms. I know others are ready for turf but I will miss the grass.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        My favorite memory at CAS would be the Great West title game vs. NDSU and Paul Annonenson's punt return with NDSU players standing all around. That was an amazing day and I think it cemented my love of SDSU.
        This was the most painful Bison loss that I've been at in person. It was a game I'll unfortunately never forget. CAS was rocking that day!!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Koenigs TD run from midfield going for it on 4th was pretty awesome. Eiu playoff game was one of the best ever. Gonna miss seeing players come up grassstained uniforms. I know others are ready for turf but I will miss the grass.
          I will miss the grass but I won't miss checking the weather for Friday night in Brookings and checking the Bobcat schedule to see if they are at home . I still get goosebumps every time I see Koenig's run on the big screen, or here the replay of the radio call.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
            I will miss the grass but I won't miss checking the weather for Friday night in Brookings and checking the Bobcat schedule to see if they are at home . I still get goosebumps every time I see Koenig's run on the big screen, or here the replay of the radio call.
            Will you stop picking on the Brookings Bobcats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
              I still get goosebumps every time I see Koenig's run on the big screen, or here the replay of the radio call.
              So here's an interesting perspective from that play...I had the lead block on that and knew right when we lined up that we would get the first down (didn't expect the TD). Ran a standard power off the right side off of Mitch Erickson's block and I was manned up on a Cornerback. The play goes off and Cory breaks the tackle, streaks down the sideline and I'm still back at the line. I hear the crowd roar (which is strange because during a play, you usually don't hear the crowd at all), look down the line and see Cory running for the end zone. I have a perfect recollection of the sideline going crazy, fans going crazy, and Cory crossing the goal line. I even remember that gray sky offsetting all the blue, yellow, and green in the stands. Great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                So here's an interesting perspective from that play...I had the lead block on that and knew right when we lined up that we would get the first down (didn't expect the TD). Ran a standard power off the right side off of Mitch Erickson's block and I was manned up on a Cornerback. The play goes off and Cory breaks the tackle, streaks down the sideline and I'm still back at the line. I hear the crowd roar (which is strange because during a play, you usually don't hear the crowd at all), look down the line and see Cory running for the end zone. I have a perfect recollection of the sideline going crazy, fans going crazy, and Cory crossing the goal line. I even remember that gray sky offsetting all the blue, yellow, and green in the stands. Great game.
                I'd say this^ could be in the Hall of Fame of posts on this message board. The only thing you missed in that post was the smell of the grass. AWESOME!

Comment

Greatest post ever

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    I'd say this^ could be in the Hall of Fame of posts on this message board. The only thing you missed in that post was the smell of the grass. AWESOME!
                    Absolutely

Comment

Thanks for sharing! That is awesome! It was such a dark gray all day long- the blue, yellow and green definitely stood out against it.

Comment

2015 season attendance at CAS: 77,394
                        Average (6 home games): 12,899

Game attendance
                        SUU 13,423
                        RMU 12,153
                        NDSU 17,348
                        ISU-b 9,347
                        UNI 16,042
                        ISU-r 9,081

Not bad. We're learning. We have to grab the new fans who show up next year to see the new place, and convince them that they need to come back.

Comment

Can't help but wonder if ISUb and ISUr attendance was hurt by NDSU and UNI games...the casual distant fan might've said heck with that noise.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            2015 season attendance at CAS: 77,394
                            Average (6 home games): 12,899

Game attendance
                            SUU 13,423
                            RMU 12,153
                            NDSU 17,348
                            ISU-b 9,347
                            UNI 16,042
                            ISU-r 9,081

Not bad. We're learning. We have to grab the new fans who show up next year to see the new place, and convince them that they need to come back.
                            Step 1 might be getting the students to the games and fill the student section, every game. Was there even 500 there yesterday? Should have been better with the number 2 team in the country there. Maybe hs football playoffs hurt? Dont know. Dont have any excuses for yesterday.

Comment

Forecast for yesterday was for a colder day, yes there were HS playoffs on Saturday, and yes the expectation was that State could easily lose yesterday. Still with 9,081 at the game, name one other event in SD that drew a larger crowd. Or a louder crowd.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                                Step 1 might be getting the students to the games and fill the student section, every game. Was there even 500 there yesterday? Should have been better with the number 2 team in the country there. Maybe hs football playoffs hurt? Dont know. Dont have any excuses for yesterday.
                                How do you do that? Although student turnout was not good, the season ticket holders had just as sad of putting their butts in the seats. So it's not necessarily a student problem. The Barnyard Cadets program was launched this year and it appears to be working with The Game Day March to the stadium, but there may be more and better ideas to make this work. I been to games with less than a 100 students showing up, so I feel yesterday was a good turnout considering...

Comment

Working...
                                X