Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goodbye Coughlin Alumni Stadium

Originally posted by jackrabbit1220 View Post
    Anyone have a cool panorama picture of Coughlin? Want to do something neat with my seat back and tickets to the final game.
    Anyone come up with some cool ideas to utilize the seat backs? I have 4... haven't put much thought into it yet though.

Fwiw, this is the best picture of Coughlin I have found. It's how I will remember it anyway.

Comment

That's the classic, Cappinhard. Good find -- its CAS pre- the start of improvements.

Comment

That's a great pic. Assume it's the 07 Bison game.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          That's a great pic. Assume it's the 07 Bison game.
          I would agree with you. If it were better quality, I could find the overweight-from-freshman-40 college version of myself in the student section.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Anyone come up with some cool ideas to utilize the seat backs?
            I have the one back that I sat in for the past 10 years. I saved my game ticket and taped to the seat. I am looking for a display case. I tucked my game program in where the seat attached to the metal holder and I also kept the rally hankie. Hopefully just a nice display since I attended the first and last game at CAS. I missed a whole bunch in between games. I doubt these seats will sell for much on EBAY.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              That's the classic, Cappinhard. Good find -- its CAS pre- the start of improvements.
              Yeah. Still has the trailers behind the east stands and the inflatable football in front of the old locker rooms from which the team entered the field. Great pic!

Truly amazing the changes that have been made in the last 8 years!

Comment

I would agree with you. If it were better quality, I could find the overweight-from-freshman-40 college version of myself in the student section.
                Haha. I was standing by the fence in the southwest corner where they had the Marker trophy set up. Someone brought a bottle of Wild Turkey that we were passing around. Seemed like a good idea at the time.....ugh

Comment

Anyone come up with some cool ideas to utilize the seat backs? I have 4... haven't put much thought into it yet though.

Fwiw, this is the best picture of Coughlin I have found. It's how I will remember it anyway.
                  Great pic, would be really cool to get a side by side of old/new when Dykhouse is done. Its really a shame they can't figure out a way to use that video board section in the new place. The NE or NW corners of the stadium seem like perfect places. Hard to believe the technology is that outdated ~10 years later that it simply sits in storage.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I have Season Tickets on the East side and may be willing to purchase a couple of seat backs if anyone is interested in selling. They did not let us take ours with us and we tried. I am thinking of making a bench or something using the seat backs. Would have lobed to have been able to use some of the wood planks from the east but couldn't make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
                      I have Season Tickets on the East side and may be willing to purchase a couple of seat backs if anyone is interested in selling. They did not let us take ours with us and we tried. I am thinking of making a bench or something using the seat backs. Would have lobed to have been able to use some of the wood planks from the east but couldn't make it happen.
                      I wouldn't
                      doubt you could go nab some wood from the stadium right now.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        I wouldn't
                        doubt you could go nab some wood from the stadium right now.
                        I am pretty sure all of the wood planks have been removed and taken away.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          I am pretty sure all of the wood planks have been removed and taken away.
                          Maybe Ebay might have the seats for sale, but yes the planks are long gone. Coach Stig had one bench in his office.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for posting the pictures! These are all great! When I get it done, I'll post the final product.

Comment

Working...
                            X